• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Josh Doig

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Reactions: Zab
Sounds promising

I liked the look of him pre season last year. Even better, he was dumped by the puddledrinkers and we signed him I think?

Been impressed any time I have seen him in the Development team....usually in central defence though rather than left-back.

Sounds promising

Hopefully he will bring serious competition for the left back position.

The great delivery part is something that we’ve been missing from that side for about 10 years now

Thats what you call a great write up. Good on the lad ??

I liked the look of him pre season last year. Even better, he was dumped by the puddledrinkers and we signed him I think?

His dad was my best mate in primary school!

Its not Andy is it

Its not Andy is it
No Andy Stu, he passed away a couple of months ago mate, don’t know if you knew.. Joshs dad is called Tommy, no sure if it’s the same Tommy Doig that played for Liberton Cropley .

Didnt know mate..

Didnt know mate..
Big C mate. Sad ?

Great review. I just hope that Andy Robertson comparison doesn't come back to stifle his development. You just know some smug prick like Tom English would gleefully wheel it out if he had a bad game against one of the Uglies.

Cynicism aside. I hope we see more from the likes of Doig, Gullan, Porto, Murray, Dabrowski... this season.

He was pally wi my laddie at school. Good player or not, he's apparently full of himself now. Hopefully just an age thing and he'll grow out of it. Hate it when players have the Billy big baws attitude.

He was pally wi my laddie at school. Good player or not, he's apparently full of himself now. Hopefully just an age thing and he'll grow out of it. Hate it when players have the Billy big baws attitude.

I actually kind of like that. Deeks, Gaz and Broonie had that similar swagger about them. I actually think Oli Shaw could have been a real prospect if he had that same swagger and Billy big baws attitude. Cummings had it in spades.

It just shows you how difficult it is to judge a player at an early age as Doig used to play for Tynecastle as a young kid and looked neat and tidy but nothing special.

There was a calmness about his play though which was quite unusual in that harem scarem world✅.

I was surprised he got to the Hibs Development team and last saw him in detail against Tranent Juniors where again he just looked like he was making up the numbers as so many of them do at that level.

I can't say I noticed his debut in the pre season friendlies.

Obviously things have totally changed and the player has worked hard, matured and got that extra bit of speed, strength and pace that comes from body development at that age.

Anyone who can more than hold their own in the radge world of the Scotlands??????? lowest professional league at that young age has given themselves a real chance to progress much higher.

Good luck to him and hopefully he does develop the "Billy Big Baws" attitude of a Broony or Jason who respected no one.✅

Last edited:
I actually kind of like that. Deeks, Gaz and Broonie had that similar swagger about them. I actually think Oli Shaw could have been a real prospect if he had that same swagger and Billy big baws attitude. Cummings had it in spades.
Aye, ken what you mean but there's a difference between having a bit swagger and just being a complete prick.

Aye, ken what you mean but there's a difference between having a bit swagger and just being a complete prick.

Mate calm doon - he's 18 years old!

Mate calm doon - he's 18 years old!
As I said in the original post, hopefully he'll grow out of it. Anyhoo, at my age I'm perfectly entitled to be a grumpy adult b*****d.

This thread has been viewed 2811 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back