• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

jones :)

Chris_Hibs09

Just A Radge
Reaction score
jones strugglin in england and gettin stick we shall take him back in january to replace hoggy :yas: ........... http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05092009/63/jones-ve-struggled-adapt.html

What a shame.... Let him rot down there.You made your bed lie in it:077::bye

there's really nothing i hate as much as someone seeking a move to a bigger league and a bigger wage and doing it respectfully. its certainly much worse than signing a precontract with an old firm club then coming back when it goes to shit; that's easy to forgive.

Too bad Jonesy, it was a poor decision on your part football-wise. Maybe you had other reasons for moving. We miss you here, though and you'd get your old gig back if you can't hack it I dare say.

It astonishes me that Hibs fans expect the likes of Rob Jones to give a fuck about Hibs. Why would he?

Agree with that except the bit where he can come back.

It astonishes me that Hibs fans seem to want almost everyone that leaves back here! Like you say they dont give a fuck. Why should we? :burnout:

We should be looking to improve the quality of players we bring in not go back to what we had.

While I supported him when he was here, in Jones case I thought he was pretty limited, not a good captain and hes now being found out. Imagine opposition teams and managers being tactically aware, Oh there's a 6 7 centre half lets play the ball to feet. If the opposition managers in the SPL didnt share the same brain they would have seen that too and our game plan would be ... :hey:

But it does show how poor our game is in Scotland by comparsion. He was a stand out for Hibs and now he is getting grief down south. I hope he does well because it means that when Hibs players move south and do well, other clubs down there would consider buying our players.

If they leave Hibs and flop what does that say about our club? It would say to me I'm not buying players from there as they are only any good in a mickey mouse league. That would leave our only market as selling to the OF.

Long term if we do sell, we want to be selling to English clubs. They have more money and the players will not be back to haunt us.

But it does show how poor our game is in Scotland by comparsion. He was a stand out for Hibs and now he is getting grief down south. I hope he does well because it means that when Hibs players move south and do well, other clubs down there would consider buying our players.

If they leave Hibs and flop what does that say about our club? It would say to me I'm not buying players from there as they are only any good in a mickey mouse league. That would leave our only market as selling to the OF.

Long term if we do sell, we want to be selling to English clubs. They have more money and the players will not be back to haunt us.

Definately. Brian Laudrup is rated one of the greatest ever on polls of foreigners in the SPL, but was pish in an average Chelsea side. Would still take Jones back tho.

lets be honest footballers are like everyone else its a job and its about cash, unless they are at the top level ie premier league or top of the championship then they may be struggling to make enough cash to retire on, if you got offered the chance to do the same job as you have now for double or sometimes treble the pay then you would take it in an instant sure you might miss pals at work for a bit but in the end the cash on offer would make you leave, so if any of us would swap employers in a heartbeat why would we expect anyone else to be different

I agree with you to an extent but I'd give a player more than a month of the season to settle in with a new club - whatever the league. You could also argue that he is likely to be kept very busy with S****horpe in the Championship and this will lead to the likelihood of more mistakes. He will indeed come up against more players with power and pace in the Championship and that won't makes things easier for him. I still think he might've found a better club than S****horpe though.

agreed mo ! Grass is always greener and all that eh !
(Posted fae ma mobile fone)

Jones is English and I think moved back down south for Family reasons. He preformed well in the Green & White, and is a big miss.

Surprised he's struggled in the championship, when in rescent seasons the likes of Ross McCorrmack, Jason Scotland & Stephen Dobbie have shined at that level.

If Jones had been any better than average up here, the soap dodgin OF would have been in for him. They are hardly blessed with great CH
The fact nobody put in a decent bid for him says it all.
I liked the big man, wish he was still here. But he aint no great player

I disagree. S****horpe are rubbish which is why he's not liking it - they are getting humped every week and it's not all Rob Jones' fault

Jones was a good player for us and did well. We should be grateful for his service, but he's been and gone and I wouldn't want him back tbh.

Total pish. On the whole he was a terrible player(who had a few good games) his only stand out attribute was his height.

No composure on the ball.
Zero passing ability.
Poor leadership.
Tacking and heading suspect.

I was glad to see the back of him and don't ever want him back. Hibs fans have a rose coloured view of past players (Boozy, Ivan, Jones) and only remember the good stuff.

Well said that man, never thought that much of " out-of-position-again-Jones" anyway. Even on a bad day Hoggy is a a better player than Jones, and to be honest I don't even rate Hoggy that much.:nade:

Total pish. On the whole he was a terrible player(who had a few good games) his only stand out attribute was his height.

No composure on the ball.
Zero passing ability.
Poor leadership.
Tacking and heading suspect.

:shock::rollfloor

I was glad to see the back of him and don't ever want him back. Hibs fans have a rose coloured view of past players (Boozy, Ivan, Jones) and only remember the good stuff.

A wee bit strong.Jones' passing was poor, but in the SPL he was a good dominant centre back.Take the recent Celtc game as an example, how many cross balls did we fail to clear before they scored?Jones would have helped out there.Take the games against the OF at the end of last season, he was feckin brilliant.
His communication with his goalie was poor, but overall his contribution to Hibs during his stay must surely be seen as a big positive.

Here should you sign for this club and move on for personal reasons (career progression, family or money) just remember you can GTF and don't come back....

Jones was in the main outstanding for us. Good luck Jonesy.

Here should you sign for this club and move on for personal reasons (career progression, family or money) just remember you can GTF and don't come back....

Jones was in the main outstanding for us. Good luck Jonesy.

Quite so.

Jones was dominant in the air and also strong enough as well as big enough to win most of the duels with the bullyboy types.

He's certainly far from being one of our worst defenders; I've seen plenty who weren't fit to lace his boots.

I'm not going to start naming any of them, but Derek Anderson anyone?

:doh

lets be honest footballers are like everyone else its a job and its about cash, unless they are at the top level ie premier league or top of the championship then they may be struggling to make enough cash to retire on, if you got offered the chance to do the same job as you have now for double or sometimes treble the pay then you would take it in an instant sure you might miss pals at work for a bit but in the end the cash on offer would make you leave, so if any of us would swap employers in a heartbeat why would we expect anyone else to be different

I disagree.

Take a player who [for example] averages 5K a week over the course of his career and lets assume the career lasts from age 18 - 33 inclusive [just because a lot of players will carry on playing into their 30s.

The amount of money that player will earn in that period, given that scenario is;

15 x 52 x 5k = 3,900,000.00.

If I were to earn that amount during a 'normal working lifetime' of 18 - 65 I would have to average 82,978.00 per annum, which sadly I don't.

For me the 'poor footballer only has a short career' excuse doesnt wash, in fact its bollox as a calculator would prove.

Apart from that though I agree. If someone came along and offered me double my wages for doing exactly the same as i do now I would bite the ****s arm off.

I disagree.

Take a player who [for example] averages 5K a week over the course of his career and lets assume the career lasts from age 18 - 33 inclusive [just because a lot of players will carry on playing into their 30s.

The amount of money that player will earn in that period, given that scenario is;

15 x 52 x 5k = 3,900,000.00.

If I were to earn that amount during a 'normal working lifetime' of 18 - 65 I would have to average 82,978.00 per annum, which sadly I don't.

For me the 'poor footballer only has a short career' excuse doesnt wash, in fact its bollox as a calculator would prove.

Apart from that though I agree. If someone came along and offered me double my wages for doing exactly the same as i do now I would bite the ****s arm off.

I agree totally with that except for the word ****!

A wee bit strong.Jones' passing was poor, but in the SPL he was a good dominant centre back.Take the recent Celtc game as an example, how many cross balls did we fail to clear before they scored?Jones would have helped out there.Take the games against the OF at the end of last season, he was feckin brilliant.
His communication with his goalie was poor, but overall his contribution to Hibs during his stay must surely be seen as a big positive.

Thank fuck someone else saw this, i thought i was going mental. All i keep seeing is posts about how good our International superstar Bamba is and how pish Hogg has been this season. The truth is, Hogg and Jones was a good partnership, what Hoggy lacked Jones made up for and vice versa. Hogg and Bamba IMO is not going to be anywhere near as successful a partnership in my eyes. The both of them are piss poor in the air for CH's, and Bamba to me is a loose cannon. But it disney matter because he plays with Kolo Toure for the Ivory Coast.

i have his cis cup final boots in a glass case and auto graphed in the house i thought he was immense, at times clumsy ,so what :-)posted fae the tartan arms !

I agree totally with that except for the word ****!

Argumentative **** eh?

:coffee:

Hibs Captain for a reason and I would be privalged and delighted to see him back at Hibernian. He was a threat in the air and suited the Scottish game well. Top class and always commited. Won the Cup for us too.Green Flag Wave

Hibs Captain for a reason and I would be privalged and delighted to see him back at Hibernian. He was a threat in the air and suited the Scottish game well. Top class and always commited. Won the Cup for us too.Green Flag Wave
Say no more. :applause:

Jonesy did a job for Hibernian, and mainly did it well. Am not in the bring him back camp, but neither am I in the slate him camp. Think we should remember him with a smile for that cup win and his song, but then move on and stop pining for him. I've noticed, especially in the last couple of season's, we seem to want every player that's left to return, and some of them werenae that good in the first place if we're totally honest about it!

Sounded like the big man had a good game today. A clean sheet and an assist not bad for a days work. Wish him well he was always honest about wanting to go back to England.

Or on the other hand. English players who have came up here and said they were very surprised by the standard here. The SPL is obviously a million years behind the EPL, however, I don't think it's behind the Championship with regards quality. It's obviously not as big but IMO it's not as bad as a loT of people think. Jones may be struggling down there but I don't think it will be because the championship is better than the SPL. All though the physical side of the game suits him, he wasn't used to getting battered by huge centre forwards in the SPL. There will be a few in the Championship.

Rob Jones was a superb centre half for Hibs and we are missing him already in the centre of defence where Hughes has yet to find the right combination.

He done his main job well as he was terrific in the air, aggressive, and organised the back four. He was also a big goal threat in his first season particularly. Yes, his positional sense was a bit suspect at times and he wasn't a great passer of the ball but if he had all of those attributes he would have been playing at a much higher level than the SPL. Mowbray bought him for a reason. We were losing too many goals from crosses into the box. Now that he is away the early warning signs are there at the moment that we may be going back to that stage again.

Won the Cup for us too.Green Flag Wave

Nah, that was Mowbray! :coffee:

This thread has been viewed 2990 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back