Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
What a shame.... Let him rot down there.You made your bed lie in it:077::bye

FTJT

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
there's really nothing i hate as much as someone seeking a move to a bigger league and a bigger wage and doing it respectfully. its certainly much worse than signing a precontract with an old firm club then coming back when it goes to shit; that's easy to forgive.

Reactions: Euskal Hibernia

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Too bad Jonesy, it was a poor decision on your part football-wise. Maybe you had other reasons for moving. We miss you here, though and you'd get your old gig back if you can't hack it I dare say.

It astonishes me that Hibs fans expect the likes of Rob Jones to give a fuck about Hibs. Why would he?

Agree with that except the bit where he can come back.

It astonishes me that Hibs fans seem to want almost everyone that leaves back here! Like you say they dont give a fuck. Why should we? :burnout:

We should be looking to improve the quality of players we bring in not go back to what we had.

While I supported him when he was here, in Jones case I thought he was pretty limited, not a good captain and hes now being found out. Imagine opposition teams and managers being tactically aware, Oh there's a 6 7 centre half lets play the ball to feet. If the opposition managers in the SPL didnt share the same brain they would have seen that too and our game plan would be ... :hey:

Vini1875

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
But it does show how poor our game is in Scotland by comparsion. He was a stand out for Hibs and now he is getting grief down south. I hope he does well because it means that when Hibs players move south and do well, other clubs down there would consider buying our players.

If they leave Hibs and flop what does that say about our club? It would say to me I'm not buying players from there as they are only any good in a mickey mouse league. That would leave our only market as selling to the OF.

Long term if we do sell, we want to be selling to English clubs. They have more money and the players will not be back to haunt us.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
But it does show how poor our game is in Scotland by comparsion. He was a stand out for Hibs and now he is getting grief down south. I hope he does well because it means that when Hibs players move south and do well, other clubs down there would consider buying our players.

If they leave Hibs and flop what does that say about our club? It would say to me I'm not buying players from there as they are only any good in a mickey mouse league. That would leave our only market as selling to the OF.

Long term if we do sell, we want to be selling to English clubs. They have more money and the players will not be back to haunt us.
Definately. Brian Laudrup is rated one of the greatest ever on polls of foreigners in the SPL, but was pish in an average Chelsea side. Would still take Jones back tho.

minxster

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
lets be honest footballers are like everyone else its a job and its about cash, unless they are at the top level ie premier league or top of the championship then they may be struggling to make enough cash to retire on, if you got offered the chance to do the same job as you have now for double or sometimes treble the pay then you would take it in an instant sure you might miss pals at work for a bit but in the end the cash on offer would make you leave, so if any of us would swap employers in a heartbeat why would we expect anyone else to be different

SPorter

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Website
www.ballis.blog.co.uk

I agree with you to an extent but I'd give a player more than a month of the season to settle in with a new club - whatever the league. You could also argue that he is likely to be kept very busy with S****horpe in the Championship and this will lead to the likelihood of more mistakes. He will indeed come up against more players with power and pace in the Championship and that won't makes things easier for him. I still think he might've found a better club than S****horpe though.

Pie&Bovril

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Jones is English and I think moved back down south for Family reasons. He preformed well in the Green & White, and is a big miss.

Surprised he's struggled in the championship, when in rescent seasons the likes of Ross McCorrmack, Jason Scotland & Stephen Dobbie have shined at that level.

tayside hibee

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
as far away fi The Saville Dome as possible
If Jones had been any better than average up here, the soap dodgin OF would have been in for him. They are hardly blessed with great CH
The fact nobody put in a decent bid for him says it all.
I liked the big man, wish he was still here. But he aint no great player

joe breezy

Bounce Radge
Reaction score

I disagree. S****horpe are rubbish which is why he's not liking it - they are getting humped every week and it's not all Rob Jones' fault

Red_and_Green

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Jones was a good player for us and did well. We should be grateful for his service, but he's been and gone and I wouldn't want him back tbh.

persevered

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score

Total pish. On the whole he was a terrible player(who had a few good games) his only stand out attribute was his height.

No composure on the ball.
Zero passing ability.
Poor leadership.
Tacking and heading suspect.

I was glad to see the back of him and don't ever want him back. Hibs fans have a rose coloured view of past players (Boozy, Ivan, Jones) and only remember the good stuff.

Shades03

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Well said that man, never thought that much of " out-of-position-again-Jones" anyway. Even on a bad day Hoggy is a a better player than Jones, and to be honest I don't even rate Hoggy that much.:nade:

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Total pish. On the whole he was a terrible player(who had a few good games) his only stand out attribute was his height.

No composure on the ball.
Zero passing ability.
Poor leadership.
Tacking and heading suspect.

:shock::rollfloor

I was glad to see the back of him and don't ever want him back. Hibs fans have a rose coloured view of past players (Boozy, Ivan, Jones) and only remember the good stuff.
A wee bit strong.Jones' passing was poor, but in the SPL he was a good dominant centre back.Take the recent Celtc game as an example, how many cross balls did we fail to clear before they scored?Jones would have helped out there.Take the games against the OF at the end of last season, he was feckin brilliant.
His communication with his goalie was poor, but overall his contribution to Hibs during his stay must surely be seen as a big positive.

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Here should you sign for this club and move on for personal reasons (career progression, family or money) just remember you can GTF and don't come back....

Jones was in the main outstanding for us. Good luck Jonesy.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Here should you sign for this club and move on for personal reasons (career progression, family or money) just remember you can GTF and don't come back....

Jones was in the main outstanding for us. Good luck Jonesy.
Quite so.

Jones was dominant in the air and also strong enough as well as big enough to win most of the duels with the bullyboy types.

He's certainly far from being one of our worst defenders; I've seen plenty who weren't fit to lace his boots.

I'm not going to start naming any of them, but Derek Anderson anyone?

:doh

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
lets be honest footballers are like everyone else its a job and its about cash, unless they are at the top level ie premier league or top of the championship then they may be struggling to make enough cash to retire on, if you got offered the chance to do the same job as you have now for double or sometimes treble the pay then you would take it in an instant sure you might miss pals at work for a bit but in the end the cash on offer would make you leave, so if any of us would swap employers in a heartbeat why would we expect anyone else to be different
I disagree.

Take a player who [for example] averages 5K a week over the course of his career and lets assume the career lasts from age 18 - 33 inclusive [just because a lot of players will carry on playing into their 30s.

The amount of money that player will earn in that period, given that scenario is;

15 x 52 x 5k = 3,900,000.00.

If I were to earn that amount during a 'normal working lifetime' of 18 - 65 I would have to average 82,978.00 per annum, which sadly I don't.

For me the 'poor footballer only has a short career' excuse doesnt wash, in fact its bollox as a calculator would prove.

Apart from that though I agree. If someone came along and offered me double my wages for doing exactly the same as i do now I would bite the ****s arm off.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I disagree.

Take a player who [for example] averages 5K a week over the course of his career and lets assume the career lasts from age 18 - 33 inclusive [just because a lot of players will carry on playing into their 30s.

The amount of money that player will earn in that period, given that scenario is;

15 x 52 x 5k = 3,900,000.00.

If I were to earn that amount during a 'normal working lifetime' of 18 - 65 I would have to average 82,978.00 per annum, which sadly I don't.

For me the 'poor footballer only has a short career' excuse doesnt wash, in fact its bollox as a calculator would prove.

Apart from that though I agree. If someone came along and offered me double my wages for doing exactly the same as i do now I would bite the ****s arm off.

I agree totally with that except for the word ****!

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel