• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Johnson’s Q and A

Tango man has a bit of a cheek bringing up the fans response when Rocky was hardly shown much love by Hibs in our official announcement of his signing 🙄

Anyway hope the big man goes on to have a stormer this season.

Tango man has a bit of a cheek bringing up the fans response when Rocky was hardly shown much love by Hibs in our official announcement of his signing 🙄

Chances are he’ll be offski but if he stays and improves he’ll have answered his critics 🤔

I wonder if Tango man was doing a little deflection away from the recruitment issues.

I wonder if Tango man was doing a little deflection away from the recruitment issues.
Of which there are many 🤔 . It’s a bit like bungling boris , standing by inept tory fuckwits 😡

Did wonder that, he will surely have known that by mentioning it that would become the talking point of the entire Q&A.

For the avoidance of doubt I've seen some of the abuse Rocky has received on social media and it is moronic and inexcusable - we have some right fannies in our support.

This is something I can't get my head round with all social media 'it's the same folk everytime'. Why don't the admin of the page just block these posters?

Did wonder that, he will surely have known that by mentioning it that would become the talking point of the entire Q&A.

For the avoidance of doubt I've seen some of the abuse Rocky has received on social media and it is moronic and inexcusable - we have some right fannies in our support.
I’ve seen it tae and it is inexcusable. I had a look on Taliban tae see if anything was mentioned about the recruitment and the first thread that caught my eye was ‘Rocky Hated By Fans’. I dinnae ken if Rocky reads the forums but that isnae gonni make him feel any better.

This is something I can't get my head round with all social media 'it's the same folk everytime'. Why don't the admin of the page just block these posters?
You don't have groups to administer on Twatter, just people and topics (hashtags) to follow.

The only admin is the individual (who can block etc on own timeline) and the superadmin, who is Twatter or its employees.

I think😗

Poor Jack he always gets it wrong. It's in the show Rocky some love thread.
I read that post on .net and interpreted it differently
The poster concerned runs a podcast and has a good knowledge of what is going on at Hibs so was never going to make such an error.
Accordingly I thought it was obvious his post was referring to BK bringing the matter up at the Q&A rather than Rocky in person.
He could have worded it better but I got what he meant.
It appears you misinterpreted it.
It would have been prudent of you to have reread the post concerned to retest your interpretation before deciding to give me a kick.

As for the "always gets it wrong" comment, I have a good and current handle on factual stuff relating to Hibs and Scottish football so not sure what you are referring to. I do try to avoid getting the wrong end of the stick by reading all posts in a thread before commenting and utilise only reliable and credible information sources for facts i mention

... and I appreciate why Doc and Hammi are laughing at my proclamation :giggley:.

Last edited:
I read that post and interpreted it differently
The poster concerned runs a podcast and has a good knowledge of what is going on at Hibs so was never going to make such an error.
I thought it was obvious his post was referring to BK bringing the matter up at the Q&A rather than Rocky.
It would have been prudent of you to have reread the post concerned before deciding to give me a kick.

As for the "always gets it wrong" comment, I have a good handle on the current factual stuff at Hibs and Scottish football generally so not typically an issue. I do try to avoid getting things wrong by reading all posts in a thread before commenting and utilise only reliable and credible information sources for facts i mention.
Jack K , your one of the more likeable know it alls 👍👏

Jack K , your one of the more likeable know it alls 👍👏
Thanks Joe.
I fully appreciate I am a football and music know it all.
Obsession with both for half a century is responsible.
A football or a music forum is the natural habitat for other obsessives and thus an appropriate arena for the know all to appear.
Fortunately I don't let the know it all appear in real life. No one wants to be a social hand granade!

Hibernian quoted

Hibernian quoted

As well as every other team in the premier league apart fae the two cheeks.

As well as every other team in the premier league apart fae the two cheeks.
Don't shoot the messenger...😉

Hibernian quoted

He was the replacement at Colchester when Sylvester Jasper left for Hibs

Thanks Joe.
I fully appreciate I am a football and music know it all.
Obsession with both for half a century is responsible.
A football or a music forum is the natural habitat for other obsessives and thus an appropriate arena for the know all to appear.
Fortunately I don't let the know it all appear in real life. No one wants to be a social hand granade!
Mmm. I reckon you've already gone over your 'allowed errors per week' allocation for know-alls Jack 💀

For a self-confessed know-it-all, that is 🤭

Mmm. I reckon you've already gone over your 'allowed errors per week' allocation for know-alls Jack 💀

For a self-confessed know-it-all, that is 🤭
Only factual error I can remember is being 25 minutes off the pace on the Macey transfer announcement which Hammi quickly put me right on.

Being a know it all about Hibs & Scottish football in my mind is just knowing the facts, which Hibs players are injured, their injury history, which players are suspended, for how many games, what game they are available again, when their contract ends, knowing which players play for other Scottish clubs and being aware of their abilities, knowing which sources of information are reliable for transfers etc etc.
It amazes me how many supporters who frequent football forums don't know this basic stuff but will still readily and repeatedly post inaccurate information on related matters which other uninformed folk then run with turning it into truth or long running urban myth.

Only factual error I can remember is being 25 minutes off the pace on the Macey transfer announcement which Hammi quickly put me right on.

Being a know it all about Hibs & Scottish football in my mind is just knowing the facts, which Hibs players are injured, their injury history, which players are suspended, for how many games, what game they are available again, when their contract ends, knowing which players play for other Scottish clubs and being aware of their abilities, knowing which sources of information are reliable for transfers etc etc.
It amazes me how many supporters who frequent football forums don't know this basic stuff but will still readily and repeatedly post inaccurate information on related matters which other uninformed folk then run with turning it into truth or long running urban myth.
Well, there was

Research, research, research 🙂

And music, you say?

Ach, only joshin'. But have to say, just finding those makes me say hats off for your generally informative contribs 👌 and the spadework behind them. Sometimes 😁

To be fair to @Jack K ( and it pains me almost as much as earlier writing @Dub knows what he’s talking about) his ‘facts’ are very often more reliable than ‘facts’ posted by other ‘in the know’ Bouncers.

All interpretations welcome of course.

To be fair to @Jack K ( and it pains me almost as much as earlier writing @Dub knows what he’s talking about) his ‘facts’ are very often more reliable than ‘facts’ posted by other ‘in the know’ Bouncers.

He’s a fud

Well, there was

Research, research, research 🙂

And music, you say?

Ach, only joshin'. But have to say, just finding those makes me say hats off for your generally informative contribs 👌 and the spadework behind them. Sometimes 😁
The Damned one was an embarrassing error and Iggy Pope correctly kicked me up the arse for it. I did have an excuse but not one that I could defend with any great confidence so moved on.

There is one Hibs "in the know" poster on .net and none on the bounce. A modest guy but he has called lots of Hibs stuff right.

I am so not in the know that I didnae even know about the feckin' edit button on here until a couple of weeks ago!
That button alone would have got me out of a vast amount of trouble and scrapes during my early days on the forum.

There is one Hibs "in the know" poster on .net and none on the bounce. A modest guy but he has called lots of Hibs stuff right.
I am so not in the know that I didnae even know about the feckin' edit button on here until a couple of weeks ago!
That button alone would have got me out of a vast amount of trouble and scrapes during my early days on the forum.
Don’t stress about the “edit” button.
There’s another button that keeps you out of trouble a load of times. It’s the “ignore button” and you are on most of the ignore lists here allegedly.

Who is the .net poster?

He/she can’t be up to much or they’d be on here Shirley?

Despite my several life bans I still visit .net and there are one or two posters there* who are decent.

I counted.
That includes me.

Don’t stress about the “edit” button.
There’s another button that keeps you out of trouble a load of times. It’s the “ignore button” and you are on most of the ignore lists here allegedly.

Who is the .net poster?

He/she can’t be up to much or they’d be on here Shirley?

Despite my several life bans I still visit .net and there are one or two posters there* who are decent.

I counted.
That includes me.
Think i am on ignore from 3 posters which i suspect the edit button would have prevented. C'est La Vie.

Scoopyboy is the .net poster. Very matter of fact with his "in the know" info. I get the impression he knows folk connected to the club past and present and they trust him not to get them in the crapola by letting out too much of what they tell him.

Guys like Billy Whizz and Jonnyboy are also good knowledgeable posters on .net.
The only real differences i see are the far greater volume of posts and threads on .net, the far greater numbers of posters banned by .net and the average age of posters is lower on .net

Think i am on ignore from 3 posters which i suspect the edit button would have prevented. C'est La Vie.

Scoopyboy is the .net poster. Very matter of fact with his "in the know" info. I get the impression he knows folk connected to the club past and present and they trust him not to get them in the crapola by letting out too much of what they tell him.

The only real differences i see are the far greater volume of posts and threads on .net, the far greater numbers of posters banned by .net and the average age of posters is lower on .net
Biggin you up for first use of 'crapola' since Feb 27, 2003 😀👍

I read that post on .net and interpreted it differently
Accordingly I thought it was obvious his post was referring to BK bringing the matter up at the Q&A rather than Rocky in person.
It would have been prudent of you to have reread the post concerned to retest your interpretation before deciding to give me a kick.

As for the "always gets it wrong" comment, I have a good and current handle on factual stuff relating to Hibs and Scottish football so not sure what you are referring to. I do try to avoid getting the wrong end of the stick by reading all posts in a thread before commenting and utilise only reliable and credible information sources for facts i mention

... and I appreciate why Doc and Hammi are laughing at my proclamation :giggley:.
Jack, you would get on well with my wife. She knows everything about everything as well

Scoopyboy used to be here I'm sure, and from memory, you might be right.
That was more towards my early days on here though, so could be wrong, others will know better.

Scoopyboy used to be here I'm sure, and from memory, you might be right.
That was more towards my early days on here though, so could be wrong, others will know better.
Maybe he still is but under another name ?

The genuinely ITK folk don’t post the info on forums

There is one Hibs "in the know" poster on .net and none on the bounce
Incorrect

Incorrect
I didn't know Patrick McPartland was on The Bounce or are there 2 in the know posters on .net?

The genuinely ITK folk don’t post the info on forums
I know, they post in the Evening News and are called Patrick and post after a man called Ben tells them stuff

Last edited:
I didn't know Patrick McPartland was on The Bounce or are there 2 in the know posters on .net?
I have no idea what you're on about but I do know that the Evening News journo is called McPartlin.

Biggin you up for first use of 'crapola' since Feb 27, 2003 😀👍
Is that christopher 🤣

I have no idea what you're on about but I do know that the Evening News journo is called McPartlin.
Dec ?

Incorrect
Ok, lets try again.
Why am i incorrect?
P.s. it was more an observation I was making rather than a statement of fact.

Sorry I meant Ant 🤪🤣

Ok, lets try again.
Why am i incorrect?
P.s. it was more an observation I was making rather than a statement of fact.
Because I know for a fact there are people on here who get info from inside Hibs. And as @PILTONSTANY says they'll often choose not to share it on a forum.

Because I know for a fact there are people on here who get info from inside Hibs. And as @PILTONSTANY says they'll often choose not to share it on a forum.
The wise thing to do. Thanks.

Sorry I meant Ant 🤪🤣
You’re on a roll on this thread.
All downhill.

This thread has been viewed 8639 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50