• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

John McGinn

I suppose I should have known that.
I come from gorgie.
One night only.
I got that tae when I joined Taliban, as probably every newbie did. Probs still the same.

I got that tae when I joined Taliban, as probably every newbie did. Probs still the same.
I left for the same reason as most others at the time.
Well, I'm 90% sure it was because of him.

I have no argument on the SJM part.
He is the best player to wear a Hibs shirt in a long time.
It was ( I think) the rambling on about celtic and their not signing him that probably got me.
I $%#@ say for sure because i was absolutely rat arsed by that time in the evening.
Something i havent been in a long, long time.
I forgot the cardinal rule.....dont post anything, in any forum, when your head is up your arse with booze.
I'm a Hibbee. Always have been and always will be.
I dont live anywhere near gorgie. A look at my profile would have told you so. I do take drugs. They help keep me alive.
If i offended you with the comment.....which i admit was basic and rude, then i apologise.
It’s ok no worries - I do think he is class and will go from strength to strength , I think Scott brown is great for Celtic but I don’t think he is in the same league as JMc both as a player or a person . I am
So glad John went to villa , Brendan R wanted him and the cheap skate village minded board that are CFC player tight wads ( as they sell dross to England for £5+ million - lost out , good )

You and @Davy couldn't be further off the mark. @greencol is from the blue toon and spent many years travelling week in week out to Easter Road to watch the Hibs along with his compadre @blue toon hibby I couldnt imagine having the fortitude to drive to Edinburgh from Peterhead in the freezing cold and dark of winter but they both did it.
Noted and apologies - late night rant and all ??

The 50 club gets on my tits. Should never have been created. Nonsense like the gunt naismth playing after about 10mins of league fitba following a long injury! just to get his 50th. Fucking nonsense.
MC G is the biggest steal in British football in last number of years
Read what the likes of jack G say ( spurs wanted him for 20 plus M , John terry , Alex F ) hibs had to sell , Celtic a f kin embarrassment of an offer and as a result they lost not only his signing but their manager who is now storming the best league in Euro with LC

The lad is some player, Villa will struggle to keep him for much longer.

2 goals tonight.

MC G is the biggest steal in British football in last number of years
Read what the likes of jack G say ( spurs wanted him for 20 plus M , John terry , Alex F ) hibs had to sell , Celtic a f kin embarrassment of an offer and as a result they lost not only his signing but their manager who is now storming the best league in Euro with LC

Not to mention a hefty sell on fee

Not to mention a hefty sell on fee
And again tonight another 2 goals from midfield
Let’s say £50m will be a cert , we had him helped him
He helped us and he is the reason this season villa are my team - utter quality

The lad is some player, Villa will struggle to keep him for much longer.
They will lose him within two seasons max I suspect end of this season a top 4 team come in with £50m plus

Reactions: Zab
Hibs are going to rake in a fortune when McGinn is sold....which will likely be next summer.
It will probably be our biggest income from any transfer deal in our history.
Signing John McGinn for £100,000 must all things considered be our best piece of transfer business ever.

Last edited:
The McGinn transfer situation is a mystery. Did we get any money when Villa were promoted, are St Mirren due a hefty cut?

The McGinn transfer situation is a mystery. Did we get any money when Villa were promoted, are St Mirren due a hefty cut?
Yes, we will almost certainly have got money when Villa were promoted as part of the deal and hopefully that should be made clear when the accounts are eventually released, although it may actually form part of this financial years accounts rather than last years. St Mirren will be due a cut of any future McGinn sell-on, but how much is anyone's guess.

Maybe find out at the AGM?? My understanding is St Midden were due a cut of his transfer fee when he left Hibs?

Nice little interview I read earlier with Jack Grealish talking about one of his best pals Ginny. Not sure about the nickname, just call him Super for short Jack.

Sell on clause will be juicy now.

McGinn might even be the player who drives Scotland into our first finals in 20 years. Then it'd be double kerching for us.

Maybe find out at the AGM?? My understanding is St Midden were due a cut of his transfer fee when he left Hibs?

Nice little interview I read earlier with Jack Grealish talking about one of his best pals Ginny. Not sure about the nickname, just call him Super for short Jack.

I really don't think they should be entitled to any more. If John moves to Man Utd for 50 million, we get our cut. When he moves from Man Utd for even more, I don't think we'd get more.

I really don't think they should be entitled to any more. If John moves to Man Utd for 50 million, we get our cut. When he moves from Man Utd for even more, I don't think we'd get more.

5% of every transfer fee is distributed back proportionately to the clubs that developed the player from the ages of 12-23. If, and it's a big if, John was to move for say £10M then £500K would be getting punted back to his former clubs.

I agree with you as we helped him reach the level that got him his big move but we don't know the deal that was agreed. I'd love to see him sign for Man U or Liverpool.

Was it Tom English that claimed Hibs were a bit daft in looking for a decent fee because SuperJ wasn’t good enough to hold down a first team spot at the Smellies?
Bet he’s glad that Radar Jackshun is stopping him from being the biggest arsehole in Sports journalism.

Fcuk off Chic. I know you read here (or get someone to read it to you) and I’m not counting you as a journalist or Tom would be the the third biggest arsehole.

Was it Tom English that claimed Hibs were a bit daft in looking for a decent fee because SuperJ wasn’t good enough to hold down a first team spot at the Smellies?
Bet he’s glad that Radar Jackshun is stopping him from being the biggest arsehole in Sports journalism.

Fcuk off Chic. I know you read here (or get someone to read it to you) and I’m not counting you as a journalist or Tom would be the the third biggest arsehole.
Yeah it was that walloper Tom English. Someone dug up his old Twitter comment about the super one and what a twat he looks now...Screenshot_20191119_230746.png

Yeah it was that walloper Tom English. Someone dug up his old Twitter comment about the super one and what a twat he looks now...View attachment 1636

Fucker needs a new profession

We are going to get a tidy sell on fee from the SJM transfer. It’ll outweigh any fee we have brought in. It’s what we do with any incoming fees that worry me but we’ll get to that when it happens.

Hibs are going to rake in a fortune when McGinn is sold....which will likely be next summer.
It will likely be our biggest income from any transfer deal in our history.
Signing John McGinn for £100,000 must all things considered be our best piece of transfer business ever.
Agreed 100%
If it was circa £5 m for S Brown back in the day
John After proving himself as one of the best central midfielders in the EPL will go
For north of 50M to one of the big / top clubs
Even if hibs only get 10% of the sale price it’s still considerably more than the Scott B deal
?

Fucker needs a new profession
Who is this Tom English - should it not read Terry Fuckwit
He a trainee chef just out of school I imagine

Who is this Tom English - should it not read Terry Fuckwit
He a trainee chef just out of school I imagine

BBC Scotland’s head sports journalist. Thinks he’s a lot cleverer than he actually is. His response at the time was “which current Celtic midfielder would he get in the team ahead of?”
Eh... any of them?

Just typical Scottish MSM basically doing the old firm’s bidding for them.

I agree with you as we helped him reach the level that got him his big move but we don't know the deal that was agreed. I'd love to see him sign for Man U or Liverpool.
BBC Scotland’s head sports journalist. Thinks he’s a lot cleverer than he actually is. His response at the time was “which current Celtic midfielder would he get in the team ahead of?”
Eh... any of them?

Just typical Scottish MSM basically doing the old firm’s bidding for them.
Is he the one with the Irish accent ? In another profession you would lose your job for being so utterly incompetent and having such a piss poor understanding of the subject matter your. Employees are paying to supposedly be an expert in. What a prize bell end has to be. I am going to contact this plum duff and put it to him bluntly “ hi Terry , a simple question to a ( very ) simple man , what current Celtic squad player would get in the Aston Villa first 11 over John McG”
I shall post the answer this genius gives me ?

Is he the one with the Irish accent ?

Aye that’s the one ??

Aye that’s the one ??
Sounds pretty dim
He is clearly painfully dim

Agreed 100%
If it was circa £5 m for S Brown back in the day
John After proving himself as one of the best central midfielders in the EPL will go
For north of 50M to one of the big / top clubs
Even if hibs only get 10% of the sale price it’s still considerably more than the Scott B deal
?
Nothing to base this on, but I would like to think it would be more than 10%.
Rodders is(was) rather good at negotiating transfer add ons.
But, who knows?

I read something at the time allegedly from Villa claiming the deal was 'one of the most complicated ever' and suggested that that Hibs had indeed constructed a deal with more than generous add-ons. May have just been an 'internet fact' but Rodders was pretty good at getting the best deal for Hibs, so hopefully whoever drafted this one learned from the maestro if he didn't do it himself.

Wee typo there, but I seem to have lost my ability to 'edit'.

Auld age doesnae come on its own etc

I read something at the time allegedly from Villa claiming the deal was 'one of the most complicated ever' and suggested that that Hibs had indeed constructed a deal with more than generous add-ons. May have just been an 'internet fact' but Rodders was pretty good at getting the best deal for Hibs, so hopefully whoever drafted this one learned from the maestro if he didn't do it himself.
It's been said before, but I doubt theres a cannier breed than fairmers fae Aberdeenshire.
Rod would have had a good teacher.
Its aboot bawbees, ma loon.
Or sillir.

Nothing to base this on, but I would like to think it would be more than 10%.
Rodders is(was) rather good at negotiating transfer add ons.
But, who knows?
My think was hopefully higher
£2.75m for a team like villa who prob thought bit of gamble on JMc and of they buy for £2.75 and it doesn’t work out they prob sell him
For similar sum
20% of £75 m be decent - if that wanker Pogba is worth that then JM is an all round better player and better human being that that. Pretentious helmet

My think was hopefully higher
£2.75m for a team like villa who prob thought bit of gamble on JMc and of they buy for £2.75 and it doesn’t work out they prob sell him
For similar sum
20% of £75 m be decent - if that wanker Pogba is worth that then JM is an all round better player and better human being that that. Pretentious helmet
If Shrink is anywhere near the mark.....which he often is.......with his info, then we could be receiving money from first team appearances, goals scored and anything else performance related.
And it wouldn't surprise me when SJM moves on to bigger things that theres money to come from his next employers.

Reactions: Boo
The dream would be for Man Utd to sell Pogba to Madrid or Paris for an over inflated fee, then pay Villa £60M for SJM. Hibs get whatever Rod agreed and I can start watching Man Utd again.

If Shrink is anywhere near the mark......which he often is.....with his info, then we could be receiving money from first team appearances, goals scored and anything else performance related.
And it wouldn't surprise me when SJM moves on to bigger things that theres money to come from his next employers.
I think a l pool or Man U will come for him
He get in Man U midfield now
United should off load that prima Dona French bell piece to those wankers Real Madrid as his fellow *&*^ Re man ZZ appears to want him and ZZ will be out on his smelly French hoop by season end

I've said on a previous thread , the best move for SJM would be to a foreign club.
Look at Murdo McLoed , Lambert, and a few others.
They went abroad and become better, more disciplined players.

For me I'd like to see him test himself in Italy, I think he would be outstanding in a Juve Top.

I've said on a previous thread , the best move for SJM would be to a foreign club.
Look at Murdo McLoed , Lambert, and a few others.
They went abroad and become better, more disciplined players.
I think the EPL is where it is currently at
Look at last seasons two European finals - 4 English teams
Wherever he goes I will remain fascinated and wish him all the best

If Shrink is anywhere near the mark......which he often is.....with his info, then we could be receiving money from first team appearances, goals scored and anything else performance related.

Yup, that and more goals and international appearances and international goals.

I wouldn't bet against anything being in the contract!

This thread has been viewed 6801 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75