• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jimmy O'Rourke - Legend - RIP.

Bambino

Private Member
Reaction score
Been passed on the very sad news that Jimmy has sadly passed away late last night/this morning.

Great player, person, Hibby and lived the dream.

Rest easy, legend. God bless.

Dreadful news. My favourite Tornado. Everyone knew his name. RIP Jimmy. 😢

RIP Jimmy.

BIG G

A true legend and hero to many. Sad news indeed. Sleep easy Jimmy, we'll never forget your name.

On behalf of St. Patrick's Branch, Wee man we salute you.

BIG G

One of my first Hibs Heros.

Sad day indeed.

RIP Jimmy

RIP Jimmy.

A proper Hibernian player. A true Hibernian legend.
R.I.P. Jimmy 💚

𝗥𝗜𝗣 𝗝𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘆

0AA5D74B-EFDE-4E0F-A9C3-CA17C1D21593.jpeg

F4F09A20-F7EC-4E98-B223-1E25E1799952.jpeg

RIP Jimmy. Everyone knows your name!💚

Reactions: SWH
Whilst everyone one else, rightly, laments the passing of a Hibs legend, i find myself recalling treasured memories of a favourite uncle and his manic sense of humour that made us laugh like you wouldn't believe, and 15 a side games of football at Juniper Green park (jimmy on one team my Dad on the other, with 14 screaming kids each)

Jamie, Kerry and Ann remain in my thoughts.

Fly high with the angels high above Uncle Jim.

RIP Jimmy.One of the best 💚

RIP Hibernian legend 💚

Truly a Hibernian great. RIP Jimmy 💚

R.I.P. Jimmy, legend of the seven 😢

RIP Jimmy. Everyone knows your name!💚
I feel sad.

RIP Jimmy 💚

Really sad news to wake up to this morning.
I was just a wee lad when I saw Jimmy play but he was one of my Hibs childhood heroes.
I remember everyone in the North Stand singing his song....Jimmy, Jimmy O'Rourke, everyone knows his name.
Also remember his first game back playing for St Johnstone and the reception he got from the Hibs fans.
A fantastic goalscorer and player...a man who absolutely bled green and white.
A true Hibernian legend who was loved by the Hibs family and will be for evermore.
Condolences and thoughts are with the O'Rourke family.

RIP Jimmy.

Last edited:
I used to enjoy Hibs banter with Jimmy as a teenager when he lived in the Baberton area of the city and then later in his pub in Costorphine.

He loved Hibs, revelled in the rivalry with the puddledrinkers and had contempt for Edinburgh based supporters of Celtc or "Scotland's Shame 1873" .

He enjoyed life as well and everyone knew his name.🙏

Jimmy met and knew a lot of people but whenever I bumped into him he always remembered my name and the guys I was with. God bless u Jimmy ur name will live forever. RIP.

Whilst everyone one else, rightly, laments the passing of a Hibs legend, i find myself recalling treasured memories of a favourite uncle and his manic sense of humour that made us laugh like you wouldn't believe, and 15 a side games of football at Juniper Green park (jimmy on one team my Dad on the other, with 14 screaming kids each)

Jamie, Kerry and Ann remain in my thoughts.

Fly high with the angels high above Uncle Jim.
A sad day Paul , RIP Jimmy

Sorry to read about the passing of one of my all-time favourite Hibs players - RIP Jimmy O'Rourke

So very sad.
Never saw you play, but you are a hero. I'd love to have see you and THAT team play. Proper football. Proper Hibernian football.

RIP

HIBS LEGEND! 🙏☘️🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

What a player, what a character. RIP Jimmy.

RIP Jimmy. Such sad news. 💔💔

RIP Jimmy 💚

Screenshot_20221115_101511_Twitter.jpg

You could always rely on Jimmy O'Rourke to give 100% every time he pulled on the green jersey. An industrious and deadly striker who is central to so many of my best memories of watching Hibs in the 60s and 70s. Condolences to his family and friends. I feel like a little bit of all of us has died today. His memory marches on.

RIP - another great gone.

My condolences to all his family at this time. I grew up listening to my dad telling stories about him. The word legend is thrown about too easily these days but this man is everything it should stand for. Your name will never be forgotten. RIP Sir xo

RIP Jimmy, hero to thousands and champ of the 20 yard snap shot from just ootside the box.

Great early memories for me in a team of heroes, I didn't know how lucky I was.

Gie them hell up in heaven!

Sad news. RIP. Legend

RIP

Few will know this and even fewer will care, but my first user name on the Bounce was O'Rourke's Drift. I changed it because I thought it was too imperialist. Wish I'd kept it now.
I'm 65 and have been blubbing like a baby at the video Hibs put out.
What a terrible, terrible day.

A Hibs hero from my childhood.
In my minds eye i always picture him sleeves pulled up and determined.
We were all Jimmy when we scored in the playground.
He can RIP.
Condolences to his family and friends

Apart from King Paddy the man O'Rourke was my favourite player in the Tornados.

Now am i correct in saying after Jimmy went to St Johnstone did he not score against us for them no long after he'd signed for them?

I do remember a lot of supporters clapping and giving Jimmy the respect he had earned.

Apart from King Paddy the man O'Rourke was my favourite player in the Tornados.

Now am i correct in saying after Jimmy went to St Johnstone did he not score against us for them no long after he'd signed for them?

I do remember a lot of supporters clapping and giving Jimmy the respect he had earned.
St J won 0-1 and Jimmy was the scorer. 1st defeat of the season iirc.

Such sad news .RIP Jimmy

RIP Jimmy 💚💚💚

So many heartfelt tributes,memories and condolences here and other forums.
Everyone did know his name.
God bless you all

Mick O'Rourke

This thread has been viewed 5350 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50