• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jimmy, Jimmy O’Rourke – everyone knows his name

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

Excellent read. It would be great if the Jimmy O'Rouke chant could be adapted for a current Hibs player.

Jimmy, Jimmy O’Rourke – everyone knows his name

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/jimmy-o-rourke-interview-only-room-for-one-wee-fat-barrel-at-hibs-1-4735280.

You boys can read this on the way up to Aberdeen. You'll still be smiling when you arrive!

Edit. Another thread started while I was reading it!

A true Hibernian living legend...

Excellent read. It would be great if the Jimmy O'Rouke chant could be adapted for a current Hibs player.

The only current player that scans in to the choon is, as far as I can see, Brandon Barker. Despite how good the lad is i don't think he's earned the right to be honoured with that one.

The only current player that scans in to the choon is, as far as I can see, Brandon Barker. Despite how good the lad is i don't think he's earned the right to be honoured with that one.

Efe Ambrose?

Efe Ambrose?

:doh

Good shout there and more worthy of the choon.

It's pronounced Jimmy o'ROURKe, no Jimmy OW'rourke, so willnae work wi Efe AMbrose or Brandon BARker.

Strugglin... ??

It's pronounced Jimmy o'ROURKe, no Jimmy OW'rourke, so willnae work wi Efe AMbrose or Brandon BARker.

Strugglin... ??

Agree - they dinnae scan. :glassraise:

Agree - they dinnae scan. :glassraise:

I suspect the chant would mean fuck all to the younger folk aggie who have zero recollection of Rupert the Bear. Hun bassa.

BIG G

Last edited:
I suspect the chant would mean fuck all to the younger folk aggie who have zero recollection of Rupert the Bear. Hun bassa.

BIG G
The younger ones now must've seen it on some endless repeats programme or other...

Only other one that scans is also a gaelic-related surname: Martin o'BOYLe... for future use...?

I'm sure Jimmy would be quite, let's say nostalgic, if his song was reworded for a modern day player.

However the number of players in the modern game, worthy of note, that would genuinely cross the divide between teams that everyone would know his name is probably close to zero.

Efe I might suggest is the closest, even if he/his name doesn't scan. While everyone knows his name and we love him, it's perhaps not for the right reasons he's celebrated by other clubs.

Scott Allan is another non scanning candidate of decent calibre and while we celebrate his skills he's probably better known elsewhere as the player we used to fuck the huns over.

Scotty, Scotty Al Lan, everyone knows his name.

Given the recent history we really need a song for him for the final game of the season in response to their goading the last time he was here.

Strugglin... ??

I'm struggling to understand what you mean Shuffler. If you sing the names in your head it works :dunno: They have the same amount of syllables in their names.

I'm struggling to understand what you mean Shuffler. If you sing the names in your head it works :dunno: They have the same amount of syllables in their names.

It’s the emphasis rather than the syllables Dub.
I understand Shuffler. You have no idea how that makes me feel.

It’s the emphasis rather than the syllables Dub.
I understand Shuffler. You have no idea how that makes me feel.

Yeah I do understand that but you can just change the emphasis :dunno:

Yeah I do understand that but you can just change the emphasis :dunno:

But I can’t change the fact that I was agreeing with Shuffler.

I don’t know if that means I’m recovering or deteriorating.

But I can’t change the fact that I was agreeing with Shuffler.

I don’t know if that means I’m recovering or deteriorating.
If you're anything like me, both.

You know my penchant for taking the easy way forward in this short life of ours, that's why I notice the unstressed syllables. :)

Jimmys brother has given me permission to repost this from dotnet. It made me laugh!

Ha Ha
Stan Vincent used to call me Mick the Bell!
He could hear it from the dressing room and say "Thats Jimmy's wee brother arrived in the Cave."

I just phoned Jimmy to say i read the article this morning. The first thing i said was "Are you Lee Wallace." Grassing me tae The Scotsman.

I went to 7 Wembleys and "sneaked in" at 5 of them. I never took comps. from Jimmy
He widnae have gave me one anyway!I

The "drum" game was 1973. Shilton had that wonder save from a Dalglish hit. Lost 1-0
The Tornadoes were sat a few rows behind us. Dressed in Hibs blazers. They had just been to Spain for a week, i think. Jimmy blanked me ;-)

We(the other guy i sneaked in with, big Alex Imlach fae the Southside) had been drinking at Covent Garden since 8 in the morning wae the High Street/Canongate boys. How the heck did he get up here in the dear seats,he must have thought!

On the genius that was Willie Hamilton. Jock Stein would have Willie stay at his house on a Friday night sometimes if Hibs had a big game the following day.

Oh and in case anyone misreads the article. Jimmy never swithered or even considered following the not so noisy neighbours. Like many in those days it wasn't unusual to go to there to watch a match if your team was playing away. Or for European games. He took me to games at East End Park when the Pars were in Europe.

Someone mentioned Ibrox.
I have not been there since about 1979. The cowardly hordes attacking us and the buses at the 3 cup final games that year decided that for me.

The only time since was games at Hampden and the League Cup final 1993 at Celtic Park. Another final we should have won.
Happy guy i was at THE final. Nearly missed it.

A pub in Corstorphine is showing the game today. So thats me sorted.
Looking forward to it with optimism.

Its feels like a Cup Final.

Rupert The Bear Theme Song - YouTube

I hope when we are considering summer signings consideration is given to players whose names scan appropriately.

I hope when we are considering summer signings consideration is given to players whose names scan appropriately.

I'm sure the fans reps will be scanning these threads avidly and insisting on this being included in the recruitment matrix.

[MENTION=16774]traceyhibs[/MENTION]!!!!!!!

Heeah heeah!

This thread has been viewed 2985 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back