• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jermaine Pennant

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Nice pic of him training at Hibs doing the rounds....

Was he not training at us last year too?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Forth Sports reporting he is back again training at EM

Was he not training at us last year too?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

[COLOR=rgba(34, 34, 34, 0.95)]From the ENN
"The player spent a few days training with Hibs in November last year before making a January move to Bury where he went on to make seven appearances. Lennon has handed the player another chance to impress as he looks to bolster his squad for their return to the Ladbrokes Premiership."
[/COLOR]

I'm hearing:rascal:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HWZisnZ-RGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

None of this inspires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to get a wee bit concerned we are bringing in a guy at this age to have a look at him considering the amount of monies been brought in already .

We might as well look at him if he is free. I doubt we would be spunking any major dosh on him and the midfield lacks depth.

I'm starting to get a wee bit concerned we are bringing in a guy at this age to have a look at him considering the amount of monies been brought in already .

Me too mate why are we even bothering with him, he came and trained with us before then went to Bury and hardly featured for them.

We need to be looking at younger hungrier talent. FFS!!

- - - Updated - - -

We might as well look at him if he is free. I doubt we would be spunking any major dosh on him and the midfield lacks depth.

Except wasting a wage where the money could be used for better quality players.

How's that list of targets looking Lenny/Esteemed scouting set up??

I'm going to resist calling Pennant a flash f**k but he's someone that has already made his wedge, 34 (and a half) year old, has done F all worthwhile since last run of games at a decent level in late 2012. 7 games for Bury at the foot of League 1 and Singapore don't count in my view.

Has this guy still got the legs, hunger, desire to burst a gut playing for us? I'd suggest not and I'd also suggest that Lennon can't have much of a clue/plan for this window if getting JP in again, many months later from his last look.

Signing Whittaker and Marciano in the next week will do nothing to make me rethink we are on the right track in this window. Unearth some gems within the next couple of weeks Lenny - attackers FFS.

This is all beginning to very much look like we are scrambling for anybody going again..

The guy is in training with us at the moment. No harm in having a look.

What like last time for him to fuck off elsewhere.

His CV looks shit the good past few years...

I am really sorry but if Pennant is the quality Hibs are looking at then I fear that next season will be a long campaign, potentially undoing the feelgood factor which has been generated over the last couple of seasons. While I am not yet in panic mode I am getting a wee bit concerned that we could be looking at the oldest squad in the premier league. I just hope that there is at least a couple of real gems in the pipeline but.....

Used to be a decent player, but a total shitebag as a man.

Big Efe is by all accounts an absolute gem of a bloke. It seems we are determined to balance that by signing shitebags. Yes I know.
But I'd rather we didn't.

Only made 2 starts for Bury surely not one of our Core targets.

I'm getting an increasingly bad feeling about our transfer dealings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inviting numberous free agents to training is note a new practise, it's happened for a very long time. The only different is the rise of social media allows players to share their current location. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

In the seedy and convoluted world of football transfers, this could be Pennant's agent asking us to allow him some media attention while we purse another of the aforementioned agent's clients.... or perhaps Lennon wants to sign Pennant to replace Chris Humphrey.

I hope this is not true. He's way past his best and we should be looking for far better options than a washed up 35 year old journeyman.

Lennon says no deal

Lennon says no deal

Hope he paid for his lunches and gave his training gear back.
Total waste of time and thank fk he seen sense.

Thank feck Lennon seen sense!

That suggests its not dead in the water, Says there may be a deal for him later in the window...

Looks like "sorry, we want to spend our money on someone else but if they piss us about..."

That suggests its not dead in the water, Says there may be a deal for him later in the window...

Looks like "sorry, we want to spend our money on someone else but if they piss us about..."

Agreed, seems to be Get strikers in first , see what budgets left me thinks.

Jermaine Pennant has just signed for http://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk/. They play in the Isthmian Premier League, which is 2 Leagues below the Conference National.

Their weekly wage bill is ÂŁ30,000 per week, astonishing for that level of football.

Their fans aren't happy

Jermaine Pennant has just signed for http://www.billericaytownfc.co.uk/. They play in the Isthmian Premier League, which is 2 Leagues below the Conference National.

Their weekly wage bill is ÂŁ30,000 per week, astonishing for that level of football.

Their fans aren't happy

And for anyone comparing our budget to 3rd or 4th tier clubs down there it shows just how skewed things are in financial terms. It seems that he has been saying he turned us down for them. :roll::rollfloor

Phoney wars continuing even after be got the $$$£££€€€ he was looking for closer to home. I believe Lennon when he says no offer ever made to the now Isthmian League player...

Billericay are a complete anomaly at that level, most teams there will be lucky to be paying a couple of hundred quid a week.

And for anyone comparing our budget to 3rd or 4th tier clubs down there it shows just how skewed things are in financial terms. It seems that he has been saying he turned us down for them. :roll::rollfloor

Phoney wars continuing even after be got the $$$£££€€€ he was looking for closer to home. I believe Lennon when he says no offer ever made to the now Isthmian League player...

To be fair I'm not sure it was Pennant saying that; think it was more their manager or chairman.

Paul Konchesky & Jamie O'Hara also play for that team.

30K. I find that hard to believe. That's more than Leyton Orient paid in League One.

30K. I find that hard to believe. That's more than Leyton Orient paid in League One. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have a few ex premier league players. More recently Jamie O'Hara joined them after being on celebrity big brother.

They have a few ex premier league players. More recently Jamie O'Hara joined them after being on celebrity big brother.

Who owns them? I'm sure I could dig my boots out for the right price...

Who owns them? I'm sure I could dig my boots out for the right price...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just done a quick search. The guy who owns them is called Glenn Tamplin and he owns a ÂŁ18 million mansion! http://m.essexlive.news/billericay-town-s-glenn-tamplin-discusses-his-favourite-room-at-his-stunning-18m-abridge-mansion/story-30332950-detail/story.html

Who owns them? I'm sure I could dig my boots out for the right price...

Read earlier its a guy called glenn tamplin, some business man from the steel industry

Low rent abramovich then

Just read an interview with him talking about how he felt violated by our offer. Wondered if it was to clean boots.

Came for 6 weeks, got fit, took part in a friendly.
Neil offered him a deal and said that was the opening offer as we were looking for a striker.
So Neil went back, asking for more.
When he didn't get more, he left.

But "he swears the offer was literally in the hundreds per week"

What a shame 🙄
Prick.

He was a rip roaring success at billericay too

Whatever he may have been offered, he wasn’t worth it.

Just read an interview with him talking about how he felt violated by our offer. Wondered if it was to clean boots.

Came for 6 weeks, got fit, took part in a friendly.
Neil offered him a deal and said that was the opening offer as we were looking for a striker.
So Neil went back, asking for more.
When he didn't get more, he left.

But "he swears the offer was literally in the hundreds per week"

What a shame 🙄
Prick.
Violated?
deary me, what a self righteous prick

This thread has been viewed 4114 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
ÂŁ100.00
Earned
ÂŁ47.50