• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

January break - yea or nay?

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score
I've heard arguments for and against the break over the last few days. Some folk agreeing an opportunity to recharge the batteries is needed. Others saying the December fixture list and the chocablock end of January fixture list render it pointless. Some happy for Hibs to go to a warm weather camp, others seeing it as jolly. Some saying that we even should have cancelled it after the derby.

Is the break well intended but poorly executed? Or somewhere at the extremes of the debate?

Looks like some of our players have continued to go into East Mains to work this week whilst others have been on the flaming sambucas in a hot tub within hours of the last game. Lennon has been in the press again bemoaning professionalism. What the truth is Sauzee only knows...

Any strong feelings either way?

I think it’s not really a break worthy of the name. Three weeks, but bookended by massive fixture congestion seems totally pointless. Furthermore, the weather here is not really a justification - it’s as likely to be worse in October or March. I also don’t see the real point of warm weather training other than it’s pleasanter than EM in January.

I vote “waste of time”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@aggie sums it up.

Mallan hot tubbing it perchance?

Naw, nae break, bring the auld Bounce back!
Ma heids birlin wi this black!

I think it’s not really a break worthy of the name. Three weeks, but bookended by massive fixture congestion seems totally pointless. Furthermore, the weather here is not really a justification - it’s as likely to be worse in October or March. I also don’t see the real point of warm weather training other than it’s pleasanter than EM in January.

I vote “waste of time”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d agree with that .

It’s not worth it for me. Having one weekend off before the Scottish Cup 4th round would be a sufficient break. Less games over a short space of time would also give players more time to recover between fixtures, reducing the physical stress and therefore reducing the chances of an injury.

I'd love to know who the players were who were in the hot tubs with Sambucas?

I don't mind the break, I hate the cold!

I do think cramming matches in December is a piece of nonsense. The most expensive month of the year for lots of folk even before extra games ... and it's cold!

Could these extra games not be played September/October or March, when despite what @aggie says it's not likely to be minus degrees? It's not just for us spectators, with so many extra layers on we don't fit in our seats but how can players be expected to play at their best when the brass monkeys are all lined up outside the welders shop?

Are the club reps going?

Are the club reps going?
Good question...

I've heard arguments for and against the break over the last few days. Some folk agreeing an opportunity to recharge the batteries is needed. Others saying the December fixture list and the chocablock end of January fixture list render it pointless. Some happy for Hibs to go to a warm weather camp, others seeing it as jolly. Some saying that we even should have cancelled it after the derby.

Is the break well intended but poorly executed? Or somewhere at the extremes of the debate?

Looks like some of our players have continued to go into East Mains to work this week whilst others have been on the flaming sambucas in a hot tub within hours of the last game. Lennon has been in the press again bemoaning professionalism. What the truth is Sauzee only knows...

Any strong feelings either way?
Waste of time unless we use it to get things together. I believe last season the break worked for us as we came back a much better team, with the help of scotty Allan (hint hint). Who are the players drinking sambucas?

I do not like it.

I'm not convinced about the winter break. I thought it was intended to miss the bad weather, but look at the Beast from the East last year, think it happened in February. Hibs never seem to benefit from any of these breaks, they always seem rusty upon return. I'm not saying it's connected but our injury list is huge, just wonder if things would improve if we had all Saturday games week in week out...… I just don't see the benefit of a retreat, when East Mains is available. If the team stayed here, players coming back from injury could be phased in. Would be interesting to hear what the sports scientists and physios say?

I'm for yea! I was getting board of having to keeep going to the fiba'now I can catch up with my ironing.

I think it's a triumph for those charged with ruining our game.
Just when you think there is no way to add to the sheer incompetence from that shower they come up with this, an absolute blinder.
Who cares? Stop start stop start. It's a farce.

I'm not convinced about the winter break. I thought it was intended to miss the bad weather, but look at the Beast from the East last year, think it happened in February. Hibs never seem to benefit from any of these breaks, they always seem rusty upon return. I'm not saying it's connected but our injury list is huge, just wonder if things would improve if we had all Saturday games week in week out...… I just don't see the benefit of a retreat, when East Mains is available. If the team stayed here, players coming back from injury could be phased in. Would be interesting to hear what the sports scientists and physios say?

A lot of sports science research etc out there about benefits of warm weather training for reducing risk of injury, improved performance etc.

I think it's a triumph for those charged with ruining our game.
Just when you think there is no way to add to the sheer incompetence from that shower they come up with this, an absolute blinder.
Who cares? Stop start stop start. It's a farce.
The clubs all voted for the winter break...

Are the club reps going?
Do we still have them then ?

Sorry, thought you meant fans reps

Usually I'm not for a winter break, especially considering what we have to go through in December.

This season however, I'm grateful.
We're not in a great place. This could make our season... Or break it.

This thread has been viewed 2039 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back