Jack Ross

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Picked up more points against the rest than anyone outside of the bigots though.

We've no been great, but he's building from what PH left behind.
Covid and Aberdeen hijacked our summer.
I'd wait and see what the rest of the season looks like first.

That said, being that close to losing 4 on the trot is not and will not be good enough.

The Family

Capital Radge
Picked up more points against the rest than anyone outside of the bigots though.

We've no been great, but he's building from what PH left behind.
Covid and Aberdeen hijacked our summer.
I'd wait and see what the rest of the season looks like first.

That said, being that close to losing 4 on the trot is not and will not be good enough.

Home record is brutal and needs to stop as of our next game against Killie. It’s the away points that is probably saving his job right now, but his set up tonight against a make shift team isn’t doing him any favours, his subs again taking too long to change our set up, again he got away with it tonight, but it needs addressed pronto

FTJT

Well-Known Radge
I think our lack of anyone to break the lines through the middle in the absence of Scott Allan is a problem. Murphy's been available in bursts, Squirrel's been in and out of form, Wright's been terrible.

Tactically we've been pretty unadventurous but he's in a bit of a tricky situation. If we aren't pursuing players in that area this window then there's a problem.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
We have missed a fully fit Scott Allan massively.

Our away record is second only to the huns.

It's our home record which has let us down badly this season. Nowhere near good enough.

It's certainly not a given, but I think we will finish fourth which will be an improvement on last season.

If we win the League Cup and finish fourth, that would be a superb season given where we were when Ross was appointed.

I think he is making good, steady progress. A lot of work still to be done, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Covid-19 has hampered us as it has every other club. Hibs have actually done well to achieve what we have so far this season given the current situation. Have to improve the results and performances at Easter Road though.

Last edited:

brianmc

Well-Known Radge
I'm not even convinced Jack Ross would play a fully fit Scott Allan - which is worrying.
Jury definitely still out on jr

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
We are just so one paced in the middle of the park , I have got the feeling Rocky and newell won't be extending there stay.
We can't be bringing in players of the standard of Wright or Stephen mcginn.
He's got to his next signings right or it could end up being his downfall.

cleanyman

Well-Known Radge
are yous really suggesting we should be (considering) sacking JR? I get having frustration at some results but that is mental imo - the last thing Hibs need right now is a change of manager

No

But the jury is out

Its a big few weeks for him

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Ugh, I'm really split.

We are bad to watch and too conservative. That was an exceptionally dull game tonight against a team that was there for the taking.

On the flip side, results over the course of the season have been ok. The points tally is decent. 4th is where you'd expect this squad to be. It's not exceptional but it's not P45 worthy.

Ross hasn't done enough wrong to negate the good yet.

I agree we really need a boot up the arse though.

brianmc

Well-Known Radge
are yous really suggesting we should be (considering) sacking JR? I get having frustration at some results but that is mental imo - the last thing Hibs need right now is a change of manager
I thought we were discussing his performance so far.
It's not like the thread is titled Sack Jack or Ross must go....

Feel free to contribute your opinion to the thread 👍

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
There's 3 or 4 good players to build on in the team...plus Rocky to come back in and hopefully at some point Scott Allan as well. The problem is the defence cannot be exposed so that means we play pretty cautiously midfield wise and try to minimise the gaps between the two. It seems any time we try to open up a bit (ie at home) we see how poor our defenders are at defending one on one and are caught out with pretty innocuous long balls.

As we all know by now Covid has really affected the quality and size of the squad and we seem to have opted to bring in a couple of quality players and try and fill gaps with squad fillers elsewhere. That leaves us a bit devoid of tactical flexibility as we just seem to be fire fighting losing players in key positions.

Ross seems to be very cautious by nature..in fact Id say he's very thorough but that doesnt often seem to lend itself to attractive football as we rarely look like we're playing off the cuff and seem to minimising the risk of unforced errors. The players still seem to have largely a very flimsy confidence in their own ability and I go into every game thinking we;re as likely to lose 2 nil as win. Im staggered we're as high up the league as we are tbh so it feels like Im being harsh but I find watching us incredibly frustrating and very boring. I can swallow it for a season while we sort out the last imposters mess and get thru covid but much longer and id struggle with it.

mod

Just A Radge
The jury is out...

No ambition. No pattern of play. That goal tonight was a lifeline.

2 wins in 16 games against Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Huns

I don't enjoy watching us play. That was pish tonight.
I agree with your post.I so want him to do well but sadly far to cautious and negative.

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
I thought we were discussing his performance so far.
It's not like the thread is titled Sack Jack or Ross must go....

Feel free to contribute your opinion to the thread 👍
so my interpretation of the OP is its shoogly peg time i.e results/performances must improve dramatically over next 2/3 games...or else? if thats not right fair enough but making that clear would help. If my take is correct that's equally mental imo - let the man build a side over 2-3 years unless he's demonstrably incompetent. At the rate Hibs pick competent managers I'm hoping we can keep hold of him for a good while yet - is that my opinion contributed enough for you?

gun ainm

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
That was an exceptionally dull game tonight against a team that was there for the taking.

On the flip side, results over the course of the season have been ok. The points tally is decent. 4th is where you'd expect this squad to be. It's not exceptional but it's not P45 worthy.

Ross hasn't done enough wrong to negate the good yet.

I agree we really need a boot up the arse though.
nearly every game I watch these days without fans in the stadium is dull as fuck - that wasnt nearly as bad as some. While Celtc were weakened, the home team still cost shit loads more than ours, so after seeing the team sheets I didn't have an expectation of winning - a bit of hope sure.

Agree with the thrust of your analysis though

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
I’m not surprised that there are some fans wanting the manager sacked.
Personally I think that would be absolute madness, but nothing surprises me about fans opinions.
Unless there was someone amazing waiting to take over that was a real coup for us, it wouldn't make any sense

tricky

Legendary Radge
I’m not surprised that there are some fans wanting the manager sacked.
Personally I think that would be absolute madness, but nothing surprises me about fans opinions.

don’t want him sacked but could really do with a league cup win