• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jack Ross.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Saying theres nae money available until some leave. I take it Ron’s blown his tank on buying the club and has nae money for players? Was there no supposed tae be an announcement, about where the clubs heading, about now?

We blew a ridiculous amount during the summer on utter dross. This is the result.

I'll be patient.

We did blow a huge amount on dross in the summer...But.

Record season tickets.
McGinn money
McGinn promotion clause

Think he is bluffing.

Suppose it doesnt help that we didnt bother with a shirt sponsor though

Saying theres nae money available until some leave. I take it Ron’s blown his tank on buying the club and has nae money for players? Was there no supposed tae be an announcement, about where the clubs heading, about now?

Player's need to leave before we can bring folk in. I'm only expecting 1 or 2 in tbh.

He’s said the squad is too big has he not so not a surprised he wants to move a few on to bring in 1 or 2 of better quality.

We won’t run with a bigger squad than 23 senior players. There’s no point - you can only play 11 at a time, so paying people not to play isn’t going to happen.

We won’t run with a bigger squad than 23 senior players. There’s no point - you can only play 11 at a time, so paying people not to play isn’t going to happen.

Exactly, better having young hungry players trying to get in the squad than unhappy expensive players who think they should be starting.

I think we need a minimum two new faces in with a defensive mid a priority? The defense itself needs overhauled but that can wait until the summer. The players that can go have been well covered before, but take your pick from about 10 including most of Hecky's summer shopping list.

I reckon it's going to take about 18 months to repair the damage done in the last window. A criminal waste of money.

The Jan window is only ever really about loans or short term deals so it wont be til this Summer we can start to look at rebuilding properly. Being optimistic I hope we manage to fill the defensive midfield hole and get a proper goalscorer in..that would be a good start. We can then address our ageing defence in the Summer.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Up to a point JR is correct in what he is saying but as always omission is better than actual truth as what JR is conveniently forgetting to say or of course just wont be able to say is that when Ron bought the club back in the autumn we were told that he was injecting £1.5m in the way of working capital hence it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that at least a portion of that should go on the playing squad.

It doesn't need to go directly on players but at least some could be used as GTF payments for certain players who will be going nowhere until they get 'incentive's' to leave and in that way you free up some space.

Its not hard to pick 3 Hibs players who arrived in the summer on 3 year contracts who are just going to sit and sit until their agents get them similar deals back in England or Hibs 'help' them out the door which is no easy task in the January window and only marginally easier in the summer.

I think its fair criticism of Ron in that within a few months he has lost all the 'feel good' factor of the takeover, he hasn't communicated at all well and has allowed an vacuum of uncertainty and drift to develop not helped by a Chief Executive who seems to have lost her earlier drive and determination.

The 'Pudding' had to go and while Hibs have never been a particularly ambitious club you should still have a responsibility to back and support the new incumbent and at least show a modicum of desire and ambition and so far this has just not happened.

Up to a point JR is correct in what he is saying but as always omission is better than actual truth as what JR is conveniently forgetting to say or of course just wont be able to say is that when Ron bought the club back in the autumn we were told that he was injecting £1.5m in the way of working capital hence it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that at least a portion of that should go on the playing squad.

It doesn't need to go directly on players but at least some could be used as GTF payments for certain players who will be going nowhere until they get 'incentive's' to leave and in that way you free up some space.

Its not hard to pick 3 Hibs players who arrived in the summer on 3 year contracts who are just going to sit and sit until their agents get them similar deals back in England or Hibs 'help' them out the door which is no easy task in the January window and only marginally easier in the summer.

I think its fair criticism of Ron in that within a few months he has lost all the 'feel good' factor of the takeover, he hasn't communicated at all well and has allowed an vacuum of uncertainty and drift to develop not helped by a Chief Executive who seems to have lost her earlier drive and determination.

The 'Pudding' had to go and while Hibs have never been a particularly ambitious club you should still have a responsibility to back and support the new incumbent and at least show a modicum of desire and ambition and so far this has just not happened.
I think it's maybe a bit unfair to criticise LD at the moment. She will be working under the direction of the major shareholder so maybe her hands, as well as her tongue, are tied until The Announcement by him at the AGM.

I think it's maybe a bit unfair to criticise LD at the moment. She will be working under the direction of the major shareholder so maybe her hands, as well as her tongue, are tied until The Announcement by him at the AGM.
Which is when, remind me?

Which is when, remind me?
Supposed to be this month but its getting a bit tight for the notification to be announced for that.

We will have had to pay off Heckingbottom and Stockdale...that will have cost a few bob.
Hibs had three managers in 2019....therein lies the cause of our current squad problems and the ridiculous imbalance the manager has to deal with. Ross will need a couple of summer windows to get to where we all want our club to be.
He must be given this time. With the proviso that we can see steady improvement...which I would suggest we have seen since he took over.
He has inherited the three previous managers players. All he can do is get the best out of what he has and try to get results. We have had some great wins since he arrived mixed with some depressing losses. That's standard fare for a team onto their third manager in a calendar year and who finished mid-table last season. Give him time and backing. January is unfortunately only a squad sticking plaster time.
A couple of much needed defensive midfielders in on loan, and possibly a central defender if Jackson goes. Bogdan on a permanent deal and hopefully we will see the emergence of Jamie Gullan. Which brings me onto another thing which I mentioned in a long winded post a few weeks ago. It is essential we get more of our development players into the first team starting from summer 2020. Playing young players mixed in with three or four proven quality signings per summer window that are actually an improvement on what we had. That is the only way forward for Hibs now as far as I am concerned.

I wouldn’t mind so much, apart from the fact Ron coming in and spraffing about challenging for the league and Europe. He’s either a Walter Mitty and thinks you can do it on a shoe string, or a complete bull shit artist. We need to be competing with Aberdeen at the minimum to be up there.

I wouldn’t mind so much, apart from the fact Ron coming in and spraffing about challenging for the league and Europe. He’s either a Walter Mitty and thinks you can do it on a shoe string, or a complete bull shit artist. We need to be competing with Aberdeen at the minimum to be up there.

Exactly, so what was with his statement if the club needs something funds will be there, also didn’t Mathie say in his interview that a Jack would have funds available to him in January, it also pisses me off we cannot compete with the likes of Aberdeen financially.

Exactly, so what was with his statement if the club needs something funds will be there, also didn’t Mathie say in his interview that a Jack would have funds available to him in January, it also pisses me off we cannot compete with the likes of Aberdeen financially.
Aberdeen are far better than Dempster and co regarding commercial money so I gather that's where the extra funds come from , not this secret American provider folk keep coming up with who is bank rolling them.
There was one guy a few years back who gave them dosh .
The club are failing regarding bringing extra funds in .

Last edited:
Aberdeen are far better than Dempster and co regarding commercial money so I gather that's where the extra funds come from , not this secret American provider folk keep coming up with who is bank rolling them.
There was one guy a few years back who gave them dosh .
The club are failing regarding bringing extra funds in .

They frequently benefit from cash injections from external benefactors, it’s on their annual accounts every year.

However you are correct that they are better at generating revenue that Hibs, we are poor commercially right now and are nowhere near maximising the commercial potential the club has. There are so many sources of income that a club the size of Hibs could utilise, especially considering we are based in the capital.

You would think as he involved in media and marketing AND helps struggling businesses turn around that he knows exact how to market and turn around a quite inept commercial dept. But the way his first few months have started im not holding my breath. He seriously needs to open up to fans and show us he means business

We will have had to pay off Heckingbottom and Stockdale...that will have cost a few bob.
Hibs had three managers in 2019....therein lies the cause of our current squad problems and the ridiculous imbalance the manager has to deal with. Ross will need a couple of summer windows to get to where we all want our club to be.
He must be given this time. With the proviso that we can see steady improvement...which I would suggest we have seen since he took over.
He has inherited the three previous managers players. All he can do is get the best out of what he has and try to get results. We have had some great wins since he arrived mixed with some depressing losses. That's standard fare for a team onto their third manager in a calendar year and who finished mid-table last season. Give him time and backing. January is unfortunately only a squad sticking plaster time.
A couple of much needed defensive midfielders in on loan, and possibly a central defender if Jackson goes. Bogdan on a permanent deal and hopefully we will see the emergence of Jamie Gullan. Which brings me onto another thing which I mentioned in a long winded post a few weeks ago. It is essential we get more of our development players into the first team starting from summer 2020. Playing young players mixed in with three or four proven quality signings per summer window that are actually an improvement on what we had. That is the only way forward for Hibs now as far as I am concerned.
Great post - shame PH got rid of Marvin

They frequently benefit from cash injections from external benefactors, it’s on their annual accounts every year.

However you are correct that they are better at generating revenue that Hibs, we are poor commercially right now and are nowhere near maximising the commercial potential the club has. There are so many sources of income that a club the size of Hibs could utilise, especially considering we are based in the capital.
Hibs are in my opinion a far bigger club that AFC And surely are a far greater proposition when it comes to generating revenue
At the end of the day it is up to the Board to determine and agree a commercial strategy that works for the club - perhaps a start would be a ticketing system that works

Hibs are in my opinion a far bigger club that AFC And surely are a far greater proposition when it comes to generating revenue
At the end of the day it is up to the Board to determine and agree a commercial strategy that works for the club - perhaps a start would be a ticketing system that works

We’re not a far bigger club than Aberdeen, they are far more successful than us and have a similar sized support. We have massively underachieved throughout our history.

But in a commercial context, we should be able to at least compete with Aberdeen and Hearts commercial, not doing so is a failure.

There are a lot of basics we seem to be getting wrong at the minute, ticket and catering being high on the list.

We’re not a far bigger club than Aberdeen, they are far more successful than us and have a similar sized support. We have massively underachieved throughout our history.

But in a commercial context, we should be able to at least compete with Aberdeen and Gunts commercial, not doing so is a failure.

There are a lot of basics we seem to be getting wrong at the minute, ticket and catering being high on the list.
I think we are
Ok not in terms of recent success but in terms of scalability

I think we are
Ok not in terms of recent success but in terms of scalability

Not in terms of any success, recent or otherwise. But we should be, and that is what we need to strive towards.

Not in terms of any success, recent or otherwise. But we should be, and that is what we need to strive towards.
Totally agree

Reactions: Zab

But in a commercial context, we should be able to at least compete with Aberdeen and Gunts commercial, not doing so is a failure.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen practically identical in terms of size and status in scottish football..

This thread has been viewed 3487 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back