• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

It’s Sir Keir

EH17 Jimmy

Private Member
Reaction score
Just slightly off topic i see Eddie Izzard is being mooted for the safe labour seat of Sheffield Central. Labour have a 27,000 majority.

Why?

What's wrong with someone born and bred in the area? Someone who knows folk when they go to the shops for messages.

Apparently he went to uni in Sheffield. And?

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Just slightly off topic i see Eddie Izzard is being mooted for the safe labour seat of Sheffield Central. Labour have a 27,000 majority.

Why?

What's wrong with someone born and bred in the area? Someone who knows folk when they go to the shops for messages.

You would think we had more than enough comedians in politics in the UK.

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score

Why?

She seems to have quite a long association with the area. If the local party want her to represent them then fair enough. It's not as if she's being imposed on the locals as happens elsewhere.

I quite like her politics, independence aside obviously.

EH17 Jimmy

Private Member
Reaction score
U
She seems to have quite a long association with the area. If the local party want her to represent them then fair enough. It's not as if she's being imposed on the locals as happens elsewhere.

Aye whatever.

But nothing is going to change until local candidates are being put forward.

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
U

Aye whatever.

But nothing is going to change until local candidates are being put forward.
Nobody has been put forward yet. Eddie has just said she'd like to be considered.

Like quite a few professions hers takes her all round the country and it makes sense to base somewhere that isn't Sheffield. However I'd say her ties with Sheffield are quite strong and her honorary degree (or whatever it is) from Sheffield University indicates she's respected/well thought of in the area.

EH17 Jimmy

Private Member
Reaction score
Nobody has been put forward yet. Eddie has just said she'd like to be considered.

Like quite a few professions hers takes her all round the country and it makes sense to base somewhere that isn't Sheffield. However I'd say her ties with Sheffield are quite strong and her honorary degree (or whatever it is) from Sheffield University indicates she's respected/well thought of in the area.
Honour degree? Once again I see a local constituency branch at work.

Choosing (maybe) someone THEY want. Espousing what THEY want to hear.

That does not always resonate with voters though does it?

Still nowt is written in stone yet so time alone will tell. 😁

ILHTD

Private Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty old fashioned and well out the picture so help me here. I remember years ago he used to like wearing women's clothes, does that mean he should now be called she? 🤨🤔🥴

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty old fashioned and well out the picture so help me here. I remember years ago he used to like wearing women's clothes, does that mean he should now be called she? 🤨🤔🥴

He used to be a transvestite (just the dressing up patter) but a couple of years ago announced he was gender fluid, and began using she/her although doesn't mind being he/him.

His Darth Vader canteen routine still makes me laugh.

ILHTD

Private Member
Reaction score
He used to be a transvestite (just the dressing up patter) but a couple of years ago announced he was gender fluid, and began using she/her although doesn't mind being he/him.

His Darth Vader canteen routine still makes me laugh.
Ah right I missed that. Probably wouldn't have paid any attention to it anyway. He could be pretty funny sometimes. I vaguely remember something about a monkey and a table in French?

paigntonhibby

Private Member
Reaction score

Isn't she a he?

Isn't she a he.
No' sure he'd be my 1st choice tae represent me

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Ah right I missed that. Probably wouldn't have paid any attention to it anyway. He could be pretty funny sometimes. I vaguely remember something about a monkey and a table in French?

This thread has been viewed 56045 times.