• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

In pursuit of a white pudding supper

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I occasionally drive out to North Berwick on a summer's eve and have fish and chips at the Berwick Fry. Sit in if the weather changes.
Excellent chippy.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Have them much less frequently nowadays, but the St Andrews in porty has really upped its game in the last year or so, easily the best I’ve tastes in Edinburgh. Nice wee restaurant attached Andy they’re just about to open what looks like a tidy fish restaurant on the prom too.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Had a fish supper in Broughty Ferry this evening, fairly average but did the job. Pretty rare I have a chippy these days

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
It's definitely an age thing...or in my case, nae gall bladder thing.
Got rid of mine too.
I can manage a chippy as long as it's no swimming in grease, but I'm afraid my days of extra hot sauce and massive fry-ups are no more.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Got rid of mine too.
I can manage a chippy as long as it's no swimming in grease, but I'm afraid my days of extra hot sauce and massive fry-ups are no more.
Think mine got rid of me. It certainly tried its best to...

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Living down south I miss Scottish chippies in general, especially Edinburgh ones. The Deep Sea just down fi the Playhouse on the other side of the road has been there for about a million years and does a cracking haggis/fish/whatever supper. There used to be a decent one on Restalrig Road about 25 years ago. The one up the top of Easter Road did a good hamburger supper, too. And the one at the Fit o' the Walk was alright.

You get some decent ones down here. I usually just have sausage 'n' chips or fishcake 'n' chips. The local chippy shuts on a Sunday, so I usually have to go to the Chinese. And their chips are shite.

But I still buy a portion; and some prawn crackers, nearly every phucking Sabbath day.

Weird. Me, that is.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
As explained on more than one occasion the Deep Sea hasnae always been there.

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Here I will qoute it for you
Racism .adjective.dictionary.
Showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races or believing that a particular race is superior to another.
Now what the fuck is that description got to do with my post which you described as racist pish.
I was born in Edinburgh mother and father Italian. I had to deal with a lot of name calling when I was growing up.
Water off a ducks back today if somebody refers to me as an eyetie or a tally it doesnae bother me.
A lot of Italians might take offence I don't. I think you can tell if somebody is being racist. Nobody wants to go back to the bad old days of the 60s and 70s but people imo are too pc and people who aren't racist are being called that because the party line deems it unacceptable.
I still call Pakistani p**** not because I'm a racist but because there are less syllables and it's easier to say likewise abreviating Chinese, and by the way I put in those asterisks myself.
I love different cultures, I'm definitely not a racist believe me you can tell when you're being racially abused. A bit of common sense, I don't think you're a racist no more than I am.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I didn't want to start a new thread for this and it's almost related anyway.

We were taking about chippy suppers in the pub on Saturday night when the barmaid chipped in.

Her chippy of choice at the moment is a crispy pizza supper. I couldn't even guess what that was, neither could the rest of us.

It's a chippy pizza, which is fecking disgusting to start with, deep fried in batter! My spidey cholesterol meter chocked and broke down at the thought!

I don't think I could eat a whole one!
Why no stick a sponge in the oil and eat that. It's probably healthier and would definitely taste better. Who the f decided it would be a good idea to deep fry a pizza probably the same twat that thought it'd be a gastronomic delight to put pineapple and ham on one.
Che Schiffo!!!!🤮

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Giovannis in Northfield Broadway. Still the best as far as I am concerned. Always have to wait ages to get served though, but worth the wait for a great Fish Supper.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Dare I say it, but the one close to Swynecastle before or after a derby does a barry chippy.

I mind havin'a really nice one before a BP Youth Cup tie on Thursday, 4 December 2003. It was about the coldest I've ever been at the football ever. We stood in the section N enclosure (Ian Murray was there) and it was the first time I ever saw Steven Fletcher score. He put us a goal up after about 2 minutes. We dominated but the hertzkuntz equalised - undeservedly - after about 88 mins. Into extra-time, Jay Shields for sent off (for us) then they scored a late undeserved winner. Rod Petrie was at the game n aw.

The thing I always mind about it was how strange Swynie looked and felt with the 3 new stands (as it was at the time) empty, in the lights and eleven guys in green and white running about. I'd been to numerous Hibs reserves/youth/U-21 games over the years by then (often they were more entertaining and uplifting than the first team matches; especially at that time, i.e. when Boaby Bloody Williamson was manager), but never to one there. And, of course, I was used to being part of a loud, raucous, belligerent, boisterous, pished, offitstitz travelling Hibs support on derby day there. Firstly, in the Gorgie Road terracing, then the wing stand of the main stand, then the shitey wee Meccano-set edifice they house us in now.

Anyway, the pies at Swynie are shite.

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel