• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

In pursuit of a white pudding supper

jimtom

Bounce Radge
Walked from the foot of Leith walk on Saturday till I reached Gullianos opposite the Playhouse to get a white pudding supper Passed *******s, Indians, Papa Joe's,.
What's gone on here.Wheres our traditional Tali chippie gone?

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Walked from the foot of Leith walk on Saturday till I reached Gullianos opposite the Playhouse to get a white pudding supper Passed *******s, Indians, Papa Joe's,.
They were popular in the 70s a bit like the racist pish in your post.

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
You'd have passed 3 chippies then.
I think its the Mermaid at the Fit O the Walk.
There's one opposite McDonald Road.
And there's the Montgomery Fish bar, my favourite out the 3, at the end of Montgomery Street.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Tailend on Leith Walk has shut down I see

Westside Green

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Deep Sea still there?

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Tailend on Leith Walk has shut down I see
Think a combination of changing ownership, some bad PR involving a parent and small child needing the toilet and the resultant facebook ramy and dodgy employment practices *allegedly ended up with it closing.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
You'd have passed 3 chippies then.
I think its the Mermaid at the Fit O the Walk.
There's one opposite McDonald Road.
And there's the Montgomery Fish bar, my favourite out the 3, at the end of Montgomery Street.
Eatalias. Guy who's got Vittorias/La Fav dad started out there before getting into italian restaurants. I see they've opened Berties in Victoria Street, Scotland biggest chippy.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
It's long gone from its original position opposite the Playhouse.
The Deep Sea is gone?? Noooooooooooooooo - it was my spot on the way home if I was ever up town (rare these days). From their door to mine was about spot on the time it takes to leisurely munch a single fish.

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
The Deep Sea is gone?? Noooooooooooooooo - it was my spot on the way home if I was ever up town (rare these days). From their door to mine was about spot on the time it takes to leisurely munch a single fish.
Fairly confident The Deep Sea is still there aggie.

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Eatalias. Guy who's got Vittorias/La Fav dad started out there before getting into italian restaurants. I see they've opened Berties in Victoria Street, Scotland biggest chippy.
I was in Berties the day it opened. I thought it was pretty decent for the money, even if we'd have paid full price. If you book a table online then there's a discount and there's also the season ticket discount so we got a real bargain.

One thing though. I was the only one of 6 of us that got the large fish, greedy bastard ;-) it looked pretty much the same size as all the others although the lassie assured me it was bigger. Nah we all said lol. Still good and I'll go again.

Bofahibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Love a white pudding supper. They're the vegetarian option after all...

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor

Bofahibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
It's long gone from its original position opposite the Playhouse.
Are you sure ? The Deap Sea is /was owned by Eddie Ferrie who also owns/owned Ferries restaurant on the corner which was run by Franco Martone for many years .
Franco owns Bar Italia on Lothian Road and Ciao Roma on the bridges. He took on the lease at 9 Shandwick Place from Rock Bottom and turned it into Ciao Napoli . I bought it from from Franco and turned it into Cactus Jack’s ( best Mexican this side of the Rio Grande ) - It’s now the Rat Pack I believe .

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I have been in a bit of a pallava about the location of the Deep Sea on a site called Edinburgh Past and Present on facebook before.It got me totally bamboozled.But what i think has happened is;do you know the bit that is being dug up at the moment?Next to Sherlock Holmes?Well what I think used to be there was another stretch of road in front of what is now Union Place?And I think the Deep Sea was on that stretch of the road next to a Laundrette.But i wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong.

Shawlands Hibs

Bounce Radge
Should try finding one in Glasgow. Was shocked and appalled when I moved here to find no white pudding in the chippies.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel