• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

If...

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
....as a number of posters have commented in response to my concerns about RG and his apparent due diligence (which, apparently, must have been fully conducted because, apparently, he had been in communication with STF etc. since November 2018), RG really has been in touch with the club since then, that would encompass the period immediately succeeding NL's theatrics at Swynecastle, and his attendant apparent loss of the changing room and the relegation form run of three points from a possible 27, before a slight return to form in December (wins over Hamilton Accies and Celtic, two draws in a week with the new club), before that home derby defeat (which NL could have postponed; and in my opinion he should have), before whatever happened between him and SDG and LD, before LD took the unusual step of suspending him, before RP intervened and a settlement agreement was agreed, then surely RG would be aware of what went on with NL (not necessarily the actual specifics of what he allegedly said to LD), but the fact that we legally agreed to pay him a substantial sum to keep his trap shut and go quietly, does anyone think that that period (i.e. the Lennon saga in January and February) might have caused a delay to RG's take-over? A hiccup, perhaps?

I'm still trying to understand why the takeover was announced so late in the day, relative to the start of this season. And it just occurred to me that that protracted incident, and the attendant legal problems it entailed, could have been responsible (when viewed holistically) for delaying the takeover by a month or so.

Which, if I'm right (and I might not be), could consequently be partly responsible for our current travails.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
STF was waiting on Petrie getting the head honcho job at the SFA. Goodbye Rod, Welcome Ron.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
STF was waiting on Petrie getting the head honcho job at the SFA. Goodbye Rod, Welcome Ron.

It also coincided with the start of our financial year.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce

D'you know what, Beefster? I think you're right. So, if you're right (and I think you are), this season is potentially just a great, big, fat bunsen burner of an experiment because the 'i's had to be dotted and the 't's had to be crossed to ensure everything went swimmingly for the Aberdonian accountant's XXL blazer. Brilliant.

Brilliant manipulation, that is.

Those who wield the power exercise it silently and with impunity. The results of their manipulation and chicanery and skulduggery are not revealed until it is too late to prevent the coup d'etat.

Cos it's already happened by then.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I reckon if you look hard enough for stuff to worry about you'll always find it.

Six months of (mutual) due diligence sounds about right then formally executing the transaction on first day of financial year seems cleaner from a paperwork perspective.

Maybe we're going to post a paper profit for last financial year (due to McGinn money) and he doesn't want to attract the attention of the US tax authorities so would prefer to assume ownership this financial year as we start to spend it and therefore post paper losses.

I think it's right that we keep a close eye and ask questions if things seem wonky but we also need to apply a bit of Occam's razor too.

Given that he's asked every department to work up a plan over three months (which I assume will include short, medium and long term goals) I'll be keeping my powder dry till mid October. By that point I'd expect some simple changes to have been made and some good communication of the longer term plan.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge

Nail on head. Always thought we wouldn’t see old Rodders for dust once he landed his dream job, and so it transpired.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
There was no need for a rushed transaction so transferring ownership in line with a new financial year makes perfect sense.

Just like Rodders taking up his post at the same date.

I’m not convinced anyone was on the grassy knoll. Good fun theorising though.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
And here you have the ying and the yang of the Hibs support For years some have been saying that Petrie was only still at Hibs till he got the SFA gig...to be told not to be silly by the tachemen.... then it actually did happen lol And still it continues. Vive la difference

Hectorhib

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
....as a number of posters have commented in response to my concerns about RG and his apparent due diligence (which, apparently, must have been fully conducted because, apparently, he had been in communication with STF etc. since November 2018), RG really has been in touch with the club since then, that would encompass the period immediately succeeding NL's theatrics at Swynecastle, and his attendant apparent loss of the changing room and the relegation form run of three points from a possible 27, before a slight return to form in December (wins over Hamilton Accies and Celtic, two draws in a week with the new club), before that home derby defeat (which NL could have postponed; and in my opinion he should have), before whatever happened between him and SDG and LD, before LD took the unusual step of suspending him, before RP intervened and a settlement agreement was agreed, then surely RG would be aware of what went on with NL (not necessarily the actual specifics of what he allegedly said to LD), but the fact that we legally agreed to pay him a substantial sum to keep his trap shut and go quietly, does anyone think that that period (i.e. the Lennon saga in January and February) might have caused a delay to RG's take-over? A hiccup, perhaps?

I'm still trying to understand why the takeover was announced so late in the day, relative to the start of this season. And it just occurred to me that that protracted incident, and the attendant legal problems it entailed, could have been responsible (when viewed holistically) for delaying the takeover by a month or so.

Which, if I'm right (and I might not be), could consequently be partly responsible for our current travails.
Could it also be that the NL dismissal/ compromise/ departure( call it what you like) was brought on, or accelerated, by the negotiations with RG? Lennon was a controversial figure and was bringing the sort of attention to the club at a time when the club would have been trying to put the best foot forward.Did the Board have their eyes on the bigger prize of RG, and burn NL up for that reason? On a more serios note, who was it launched the coin at NL at Swynie?Screenshot_20190602-121651_Gallery.jpg Mcafee is definitely angry with someone, but Potter looks to to fingering a coin he has conjured from his sleeve

Attachments

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Petrie was only at Hibs as Sir Tom’s ‘conduit’ (copyright Smurf) and it was common knowledge he was getting the gig at SFA for some years, that’s how the old boy system progresses in the blazers at Hampden. I think it was pretty evident to us all he would go when STF relinquished control, and tying up an ownership deal made it all nice and neat.

I think it was pretty much accepted that once Rodders got the top job at the SFA he would be (at best – or maybe at worst, depending on your view) not as much of a presence at ER. I don’t really recall much contrary thinking to that, but my memory isn’t great.

I’ve no issue with your speculation that the promotion of Rodders and the sale were interlinked. Seems quite logical.

I just don’t see anything sinister about it – makes perfect business sense for all parties.

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Petrie was only at Hibs as Sir Tom’s ‘conduit’ (copyright Smurf) and it was common knowledge he was getting the gig at SFA for some years, that’s how the old boy system progresses in the blazers at Hampden. I think it was pretty evident to us all he would go when STF relinquished control, and tying up an ownership deal made it all nice and neat.

I think it was pretty much accepted that once Rodders got the top job at the SFA he would be (at best – or maybe at worst, depending on your view) not as much of a presence at ER. I don’t really recall much contrary thinking to that, but my memory isn’t great.

I’ve no issue with your speculation that the promotion of Rodders and the sale were interlinked. Seems quite logical.

I just don’t see anything sinister about it – makes perfect business sense for all parties.
Yeah exactly. You have to make quite an effort to see something mega-sinister here. It's just a load of Bufton Tuftons working things out so it falls nicely for themselves.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
Jeezo! Petrie no more and still we have the attackers and the defenders. He's gone chaps. Time to switch to defending Ron now. Will it be as ardent I wonder? Time will tell.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Jeezo! Petrie no more and still we have the attackers and the defenders. He's gone chaps. Time to switch to defending Ron now. Will it be as ardent I wonder? Time will tell.

:gigglle:

erm………. it was actually you that brought up Rodders in the thread.

And it looks like you've re-loaded your pitchfork and trained the sights on Ron.
Enjoy.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
Au contraire Sir. I mentioned him because what was being said over the years actually did happen. That's all I said. The tachemen came on to defend. As for Ron, tsk tsk... come on now. Where are you reading me attacking him? All I've said is I would like to hear what his plans are and I won't be putting any dosh in for an indoor pitch. No pitchfork here, that is unjust and unfair.

Last edited:

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Think Lennon would have been an irrelevance in any discussion between Farmer and Gordon. Possibly a brief conversation, but nothing that would hold up any purchase of the club.
Agree that it's more likely Farmer wanting to make sure that someone genuinely loyal to him like Petrie gets his priorities sorted and once he's gone, so is Farmer. Doubt there's many people on this planet Farmer trusts more than Rod. Was no real chance of him being replaced.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Au contraire Sir. I mentioned him because what was being said over the years actually did happen. That's all I said. The tachemen came on to defend. As for Ron, tsk tsk... come on now. Where are you reading me attacking him? All I've said is I would like to hear what his plans are and I won't be putting any dosh in for an indoor pitch. No pitchfork here, that is unjust and unfair.

Must be down to perceptions old bean.

I don't see any 'tache defending going on. Unless it's me that you are referring to? I'm usually accused of being in Rodder's team, even although that's not at all the case. I 'defended' the lies and malice about Ponzi schemes and such like, but I was also at the 'Rodders Out' demo when I believed he was needing held to account.
Just have my own opinions, which aren't always in accord with others.
And we all have one of them. Just like aerosols. Or something.

I've yet to form an opinion of Ron, or figure out his game plan, but I'm not jumping to the conclusion that he's wearing a black hat rather than a white hat just because I haven't full disclosure on the business deal.

I apologise for the pitchfork comment if I have misread your intent.

:shake:

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
And here you have the ying and the yang of the Hibs support For years some have been saying that Petrie was only still at Hibs till he got the SFA gig...to be told not to be silly by the tachemen.... then it actually did happen lol And still it continues. Vive la difference

Spot-on, Beefster. But we're just shitebag wee paranoid bedwetters.

Really boils ma pish, so it does.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Could it also be that the NL dismissal/ compromise/ departure( call it what you like) was brought on, or accelerated, by the negotiations with RG? Lennon was a controversial figure and was bringing the sort of attention to the club at a time when the club would have been trying to put the best foot forward.Did the Board have their eyes on the bigger prize of RG, and burn NL up for that reason? On a more serios note, who was it launched the coin at NL at Swynie?View attachment 1270 Mcafee is definitely angry with someone, but Potter looks to to fingering a coin he has conjured from his sleeve
Good points, HH. Good, perceptive points.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce

Fair comment.

Jello Biafra

Johnny Cash Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Yeah exactly. You have to make quite an effort to see something mega-sinister here. It's just a load of Bufton Tuftons working things out so it falls nicely for themselves.
What exactly is a Bufton Tufton, Hen Broon?

And I am one?

And, if so, why?

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel