• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Full Time: Huns 6 v 1 Hibs

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Lets be honest, there is no other word for that rancid club, its ignorant, sectarian fans and its 7 year history. How a club so new can cause so much rancour in a nation beggars belief. I wont lie, indeed most of you know, I do not like them, they are the dug shite on the sole of your shoe, the unwanted skidmark on clean white undercrackers. Perversly I quite enjoy going to the Hunnery. Its probably the old feeling of going into enemy territory, outnumbered but not afraid, witnessing the behaviours of the cretinous billy boys and girls, a thing normal people rarely witness in their day to day lives. Beating them is sublime, a draw statisfying, a late goal, well, who can ever forget THAT late goal! The 900 Hibs fans that attend, well we let them know the Edinburgh Hibees are there, our Grand Old Team versus their snottery bairn barely out of its shitey nappies, 144 years of History v 7 years and a Petrofac Cup.

The Huns have invested, so much so, they are giving us a loan of one of their youngsters. If it improves Hibernian and weakens the stickies, I am good with that, seems the lad has asked to play for us, happy to take that compliment. How they set up, well I expect that dirty scumbag in goal, you know the one, word is they have improved their defence, no idea? Jack is trouble but he can collect yellow cards, and the circus freak Morelos can score but like his cream bun pal Jack, is prone to a booking or sending off. Tavernier is dangerous coming forward, but is a piss poor defender. Slippy has created something at the Hunnery but there are chinks in their armour.

Why am I talking about the Hun team so much? Well, its how we counter them that matters. In games like this, fight and passion are important, knowledge of the opposition is key. Its clear Hecky likes to see out the first half and suss the opposition out, a pretty dangerous tactic at Mordor, we pray on teams tiring, I expect that to happen after their game in Denmark on Thursday night?

For Hibs, still no Sir David, Lewis, Ryan and now Tom, so a full back 4 out, plus Boyler. However it would seem the others are fit, although I have not seen Hecky interiew for our trip west yet? Team wise, well I felt we were flat and uninspiring last week, not everyone but too many players thought it would be easy, it wasnt.

This week I expect us to sit in, try and hold tight and then open up second half. We dont have the wide players to go at them but I am concerned we might, leaving the midfield short? Hecky always has us guessing, so here is my guess for this Sunday.

I think it will be a 4 3 2 1 but the shape changes so often now, its hard to call?

Rocky - Possibly the best keeper in Scotland at the moment?

Whitts at right back, he has been very consistently decent so far this season

Daz back in, we need fighters for this one, ones that get Morelos riled, booked and red carded ideally.

I am going for Paul, although I would not be surprised if Jackson starts.

Left back is difficult, but I am going with young SMackie, hopefully helped by Newell in front of him as Tavenier can be a handful going forward.

Vela in the middle, holding it tight and letting Mallan get further forward. that did not happen enough last week.

Mallan in front of him, one of two links front to back.

Allan also in there, doing what Scottie does, flowing locks and reverse passes aplenty!

I expect Newell will start, we know the aforementioned Tavernier is a bang average backie, Newell must take him on, often, and get balls in.

I expect Horgan to also start, bringing width and I hope driving runs.

Finally Flo up front on his own, hopefully feeding of good through balls from Mallan, Allan, Horgan and Newell. If it doesnt work get Doidge on to mix it up with Flo in a two.

What are your thoughts?

See you in the corner of the Hunnery or I will give you a wave if you are tuning in on the box.

Fuck the Huns!

Hibernian Forever!

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Huns are a better team than last season, and coming off the back of scoring 4 goals away from home in Europe they will be hugely confident of beating Hibs. Also getting that last minute winner at Kilmarnock last week-end was massive for them as they hadn't won there for years. Likewise with Hibs. They haven't beaten Hibs much in the last few years indeed Hibs have an excellent record against them particularly at Ibrox. Sunday will be very difficult though and I would be delighted with a draw.

Hibs are weakened with so many experienced players still out and a few newbies who will not have experienced anything like a full Hunnery in their careers. I still don't think we carry enough goal threat in the last third. For players like Doidge, Newell, Vela and Jackson it will likely be the biggest game they have ever played in. Organisation and discipline are the key factors in a game like this. Don't lose any early goals, play as a solid unit, and keep 11 players on the park. Obviously take any chances we get however I expect us to be on the back foot for most of this game. It goes without saying we need a big performance from Marciano who will be busy.

A draw would be a great result, however i'm sorry I reckon they just have that bit too much quality. 2-0 Huns.

Last edited:

Canon Hannan

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I despise them with every fibre of my being as well but on the park they are better so a draw would ideal.

As last long as Hecky disnae fear them and sit back - put them under pressure they’ll crack!

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
If they score early I fear we are in for a right battering.

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
If they score early I fear we are in for a right battering.
Whether they score early or not, I feel we're in for a real doing this time. I'm always pessimistic anyway but they're really fired up whilst we're not exactly setting the heather alight. Could be a sair yin, I'm expecting a disaster of 3 or 4 nil to Satan's 11 and at least 1, possibly 2 red cards for us.
Hope I'm wrong this week again though.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jeezo, if reading this decides whether I went or not then my ticket would be in the bin
😂🙄
We've done well there of late and, aye, at some point that will change but (as Hecky might say) ee by gum let's not beat ourselves up before there's reason to.

See you at the game @1875. The rest of you hide behind the cushions when yer listening to Radio Scotland at hame 😂

Green Sleeves

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Always hopeful against the dregs of humanity but I dont think we have the passion and fire necessary to beat them. Hecky is way to technical and measured when what we really need to do is swagger in, stick the boot in, and pass the ball like we own it.

My guess is we'll be standoffish, nae pressing, they'll run right over us, and we'll accept defeat meekly. Horrible to even think that but who do we have to boss them? Who is our leader on the park? I dont see anyone doing that job,

I'd like to see Hecky put 3 central defenders on, Whitts and Mackie wide, and boot the *&*^ to kingdom come. Hopefully Scotty, Mallan or Flo can pick up a scrap and turn it into gold. But Hecky doesnt think like that.

But then again worse teams than us have rocked up at Ipox and come away with points. Here's hoping.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think this game will determine whether Vela is a true defensive holding midfielder or not. Tough game, never expect to get anything away to either of that mob.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Lets be honest, there is no other word for that rancid club, its ignorant, sectarian fans and its 7 year history. How a club so new can cause so much rancour in a nation beggars belief. I wont lie, indeed most of you know, I do not like them, they are the dug shite on the sole of your shoe, the unwanted skidmark on clean white undercrackers. Perversly I quite enjoy going to the Hunnery. Its probably the old feeling of going into enemy territory, outnumbered but not afraid, witnessing the behaviours of the cretinous billy boys and girls, a thing normal people rarely witness in their day to day lives. Beating them is sublime, a draw statisfying, a late goal, well, who can ever forget THAT late goal! The 900 Hibs fans that attend, well we let them know the Edinburgh Hibees are there, our Grand Old Team versus their snottery bairn barely out of its shitey nappies, 144 years of History v 7 years and a Petrofac Cup.

The Huns have invested, so much so, they are giving us a loan of one of their youngsters. If it improves Hibernian and weakens the stickies, I am good with that, seems the lad has asked to play for us, happy to take that compliment. How they set up, well I expect that dirty scumbag in goal, you know the one, word is they have improved their defence, no idea? Jack is trouble but he can collect yellow cards, and the circus freak Morelos can score but like his cream bun pal Jack, is prone to a booking or sending off. Tavernier is dangerous coming forward, but is a piss poor defender. Slippy has created something at the Hunnery but there are chinks in their armour.

Why am I talking about the Hun team so much? Well, its how we counter them that matters. In games like this, fight and passion are important, knowledge of the opposition is key. Its clear Hecky likes to see out the first half and suss the opposition out, a pretty dangerous tactic at Mordor, we pray on teams tiring, I expect that to happen after their game in Denmark on Thursday night?

For Hibs, still no Sir David, Lewis, Ryan and now Tom, so a full back 4 out, plus Boyler. However it would seem the others are fit, although I have not seen Hecky interiew for our trip west yet? Team wise, well I felt we were flat and uninspiring last week, not everyone but too many players thought it would be easy, it wasnt.

This week I expect us to sit in, try and hold tight and then open up second half. We dont have the wide players to go at them but I am concerned we might, leaving the midfield short? Hecky always has us guessing, so here is my guess for this Sunday.

I think it will be a 4 3 2 1 but the shape changes so often now, its hard to call?

Rocky - Possibly the best keeper in Scotland at the moment?

Whitts at right back, he has been very consistently decent so far this season

Daz back in, we need fighters for this one, ones that get Morelos riled, booked and red carded ideally.

I am going for Paul, although I would not be surprised if Jackson starts.

Left back is difficult, but I am going with young SMackie, hopefully helped by Newell in front of him as Tavenier can be a handful going forward.

Vela in the middle, holding it tight and letting Mallan get further forward. that did not happen enough last week.

Mallan in front of him, one of two links front to back.

Allan also in there, doing what Scottie does, flowing locks and reverse passes aplenty!

I expect Newell will start, we know the aforementioned Tavernier is a bang average backie, Newell must take him on, often, and get balls in.

I expect Horgan to also start, bringing width and I hope driving runs.

Finally Flo up front on his own, hopefully feeding of good through balls from Mallan, Allan, Horgan and Newell. If it doesnt work get Doidge on to mix it up with Flo in a two.

What are your thoughts?

See you in the corner of the Hunnery or I will give you a wave if you are tuning in on the box.

Fuck the Huns!

Hibernian Forever!
The only change to that I’d like to see is Slivka on the right, Horgan on the left.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think I'd play Slivka too.He up's his game in these games.I'm expecting an unexpected win.I didnae stump up over 60 quid for nae reason.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I hope Porteous is on the bench and plays some part.He played like a man possessed the last time I was at Ibrox.

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel