• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

HSL

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Dear Fellow Supporter,

We thought it would be helpful to provide an update on things since our last communication in January.

Tragic world events have overtaken us all and have put everything in perspective. Clearly, like everyone else, our first thoughts are with those who have been directly affected by this dreadful virus.

As you may be aware we have continued to make donations to the Club from 1st October 2019 in accordance with your instructions. In addition to this we have also applied the same % split (65:35) to donations received from the date of the acquisition until 30th September 2019. Your Directors took this decision on the basis that we felt that Supporters had the same knowledge of affairs after the acquisition was announced and therefore had we taken a poll in early July we would have very likely had the same poll result. We are delighted to say that in total we have passed over £90,000 to the Club since the acquisition.

At our next Board Meeting we had intended to consider what to do about funds that we held at 30th June 2019, just before the acquisition. We are very clear that Members and donators had given us funds on the clear understanding that these funds were to be passed to the Club in exchange for shares. This is stated in our Articles and indeed had been consistently reported in all our communications. With this in mind we felt that this was not a decision to be made by your Directors as we cannot at any time invite donations from you indicating we will do one thing with your money only to do something else. We never forget that this is your Company and it benefits from your generous donations.

As previously stated events have moved on and we want to continue to help our Club. With this in mind we would like to suggest that we donate 65% of the funds that we held at 30th June last year to the Club now to help us get through this difficult period. If you agree, this would allow us to immediately transfer a further £16000 to the Club. We would also like to suggest that we shortcut this process by simply pushing ahead unless we receive any material dissenting voices before 5pm on Wednesday of this week. If we receive such objections to this course of action we can of course revert to taking a vote in order to receive clearer instructions. We do hope you find this an acceptable way to proceed but of course as ever await your feedback.

Finally, we can confirm that we will be seeking to significantly increase our help to our Club and will write again shortly.

Wonder if this means some kind of relaunch?

I’ll pay up my share and then I’m out.

No vote? I’m stunned that the people running this think that’s acceptable.

Contact them and tell them then? Surely won’t be the only one so will be put to a vote like they say?

It seems they are taking 'no response' as 'tacit agreement'.
Not ideal, but understandable.

I suppose the concern may be that despite a huge number of 'I don't agree' emails being received, they say - "seems there's broad agreement!"

So last night, as I was clearing and filing a few things, I paid up the outstanding amount to full membership - somewhere around £40, and I cancelled my direct debit.

Symbolic of the HSL experience, it was well meaning but far from easy.

I realized looking through the website that significant parts of it haven't been updated.

The irony of the current situation isn't lost on me. If you were ever going to persuade people to part with money for nothing in return to go straight to Hibs, now would be the time. The club have excelled which why we are selling huge amounts of season tickets and record amounts of tops.

Good people at HSL, good Hibs people (largely)

Oh well.

I think a fan run donations vehicle like the old Erin Trust might be a goer again, paid into Hsl from the start but cancelled recently

I write today to give a brief update on things during this unprecedented period.

We are delighted to note that despite the difficult circumstances, our Members have continued to make generous donations. As many will recall in our communication in January we made it clear that all donations made after that date would simply be passed on to the Club. I am delighted to confirm that since the takeover last year our Members have donated the total of £125,977.39 to the Club to help out during this difficult period. On behalf of all of your Directors we wish to say a huge thank you to all of our donators who have and continue to donate to the cause. For the moment, all money donated to Hibernian Supporters will be passed to the Club to do just that, support our Club.

Please feel free to pass this email on to any other supporter who may wish to help and is in a position to do so. Please remind them that this is not about shares at the moment and that any donation made to us will be passed to the Club. Indeed, donators do not even have to pursue Membership of Hibernian Supporters and can simply tick a box to indicate donation only. Please go to https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

You have not heard from us recently as we wanted to respect everyone’s desire to concentrate on much more important matters however we will be writing again shortly about the 3rd strip. Once again, thank you so much for your generosity.

James Adie
Chairman

The update is....there is no update.

The update is....there is no update.

To be fair that’s a fair chunk of money to Hibs. I know you’re not keen on the arrangements but I’m still shelling out and happy to do so.

To be fair that’s a fair chunk of money to Hibs. I know you’re not keen on the arrangements but I’m still shelling out and happy to do so.

I’ve point that out recently, it’s key the club revisitS HSL or fan donations once there is clear headspace to make sure it is beneficial to both them and the donator to maximise potential (not be left behind other clubs - creative thinking required). Now would be a good time and now would be a bad time to do that.

I totally understand both side of the shares argument.

Third Strip Update
As you can imagine recent events have had an impact on the production of the above strip. Understandably, the Club and their partners have had to prioritise the Home and Away strip first and as a result this strip will not be available until September.

On a positive note, the manufacturer have given us the opportunity to check one last time that we have given them a complete list of all those Members whose name should be on the Strip. Can I remind everyone that this is those Members who had paid the full £225 by 20th October 2019.

Can I once again invite everyone to check HERE to ensure that your name is on it (see above eligibility). Please do not contact us for cosmetic changes. We are simply trying to ensure that every single Members name who should be on it is on it. If we have missed anyone please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk by 5pm on Monday 15th June 2020.

We have seen a draft of the strip and it is looking good. We will announce shortly the arrangements for ordering.

James Adie
Chairman

I’ve point that out recently, it’s key the club revisitS HSL or fan donations once there is clear headspace to make sure it is beneficial to both them and the donator to maximise potential (not be left behind other clubs - creative thinking required). Now would be a good time and now would be a bad time to do that.

I totally understand both side of the shares argument.

Needs a total revamp. I dare say those involved are good Hibs fans and well meaning who do this on a voluntary basis BUT there is so much room for improvement for many years now and no signs of them implementing any changes for the better.

I gave up trying to donate as two or three times the payment set up failed which is unheard of for something so simple.

Wasted opportunity to gift the club money.

I paid up regulary and enough for my name on this years third strip. I was in it to stop a modern day fat gunt tory bastard from coming in and asset stripping MY club.
I agree wholeheartedly with @EA2007... well meaning etc, but awfully ran... even to the feckin instalments !

The policy has now changed, and wee Ron is quite correct in that he pony'd up and now does not wish to dilute his shares.

From the HSL position, without all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, couldn't there have been options on where you wished your donation to go from 1 month to the next ; eg you click a box for your money to be held in an account for the purchase of any shares which come on the market, or if you would rather your donation went to "the playing budget" you clicked that box. If you dont click a box in that month, your donation just went to the last ticked box. I really dont see how hard that type of thing would be.

However, I am not going to slate the HSL, because it has served and is serving a purpose (albeit at about 50% capacity), and it is still a good vehicle for people to give their cash (should they wish) to the Hibernians tax free.

With the amended date for the third strip, wouldn’t it be possible to add the names of anyone who had paid up since the original cut off?

However, I am not going to slate the HSL, because it has served and is serving a purpose (albeit at about 50% capacity), and it is still a good vehicle for people to give their cash (should they wish) to the Hibernians tax free.
I was disappointed when the share buying was stopped and I decided tae stop my payment at that time. Today I have decided tae restart tae help the club out a wee bit extra at this difficult time.

Today's good news helped me along a bit :giggley:

Last edited:
They need to update the website and just make it a purely donation thing for our club

They need to update the website and just make it a purely donation thing for our club

How about if the club set up a monthly scheme , would say 6000 fans giving a tenner a month make a good difference ? I'd be up for something like that

How about if the club set up a monthly scheme , would say 6000 fans giving a tenner a month make a good difference ? I'd be up for something like that
£720k a year into a player fund is something i’d buy into.

£720k a year into a player fund is something i’d buy into.

Maybe not the best time to set it up but when you look at our season ticket and shirt sales i think the good will would be there

I'm fairly sure that if the club did it it would attract some form of tax, no point in us giving a tenner and the club only getting 7 or 8 quid!

We need something like HSL to avoid that loss.

I'm fairly sure that if the club did it it would attract some form of tax, no point in us giving a tenner and the club only getting 7 or 8 quid!

They have next to zero social media presence and god knows the last time the website was updated.
It seems so half hearted,maybe Hibs would be better doing it if it means more donations.

How does the Aberdeen one work ?

Recently stopped HSL payments after contributing from the start but would pay into a fund again

Same.

Please pay in if you can our club needs all the support it can get

Agree with that but I'd argue options to pay in more if you had the money would be good for the club.

Now’s the time for HSL to capitalise and try capture one off donations or signing up regular contributors.

Threads on here and .net with many talking about increasing monthly amount or restarting contributions.

They should also be asking for volunteers to help out considering many folk are furloughed/not working and will be plenty expertise on marketing/web design/comms etc.

Sent HSL an email just now making a few of these points.

Time to improve things.

Now’s the time for HSL to capitalise and try capture one off donations or signing up regular contributors.

Threads on here and .net with many talking about increasing monthly amount or restarting contributions.

They should also be asking for volunteers to help out considering many folk are furloughed/not working and will be plenty expertise on marketing/web design/comms etc.

Sent HSL an email just now making a few of these points.

Time to improve things.
I sent one too this morning it is time to step up to the plate

Good signs - would be keen to hear from them at the end of the month for example what impact there has been on donations and regular donator numbers.

Such a good sight that second picture.
I miss it ?

How does the The Sheep one work ?
No real idea but from what I recall the club run it and provide all sorts of benefits and goodies. Pretty certain contributions are subject to VAT.

Hopefully HSL gets the shake up it needs, and shit as it his the gunts version really does work and of the numbers are to believed that they are spouting with new/increased donations it’ll certainly help them through the tough times

Would be interested to see what the offering would be for a club membership.

Frrankfurt approaching 100k members.
Discount on season ticket, shirts, club TV and 10% off in club shop.
Priority ticket ordering, exclusive member scarf, member clothing collection, free entry to age group games and voting rights at AGM.

So if i set up a DD that money goes to the club ? If so i'll start one up this weekend

So if i set up a DD that money goes to the club ? If so i'll start one up this weekend
It definitely goes to the club

Would be interested to see what the offering would be for a club membership.

Frrankfurt approaching 100k members.
Discount on season ticket, shirts, club TV and 10% off in club shop.
Priority ticket ordering, exclusive member scarf, member clothing collection, free entry to age group games and voting rights at AGM.

how much is a membership?

There are various categories and tiers but the full monty package for an adult is €76. Family €120. Non voting rights €48. Free to young kids etc.

Lots of encouraging replies in the HSL thread on .net.

Think this is gaining some much needed momentum with a lot suggesting they’ve either signed up, increased payments, restarted payments or made one off donations.

Would be good to get some figures in a few weeks. HSL will be pretty busy in the meantime dealing with the admin generated in recent days!!

This thread has been viewed 3072 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50