• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

HSL

Just relaunch the thing and market it as purely a revenue raiser for the managers budget.
Pretty much ERIN Trust then?

I'd rather we emulated AberDNA...

Pretty much ERIN Trust then?

I'd rather we emulated AberDNA...
Fair enough.

I think we’ve created a hornets nest here, and I’m not really understanding why - we had a number of fans contributing to the club for no return effectively and we’ve cut off that funding. I tend to agree with @SKII that a premium membership would be best but that’s a very different proposition to supporters part owning the club and whatever the approach is is going to make a large proportion of hsl members unhappy.

There will be no more new shares issued in my opinion. All very vague. HSL over to you to explain/clarify
BIG G

Is that not the owners job

What owner does that? We are deluding ourselves if we think that's going to happen...

People have got some weird expectations of what HSL should have looked like imo. I agree it could have been better handled, but then, with limited equity built up and no particular disputes over the running of the club, it was always going to be a paper exercise until the day it suddenly had flex.

Hibs were keen, because 1) STF wants at least some level of a backstop in case he were to misjudge a new owner, 2) the board/SMT benefit from the cash, 3) its a good idea, and the people running the club are people who care about it and wish it to be in safe hands.

The loyalty points thing was bad - or at least, the way it was handled was bad - but I've never understood the broader skepticism. Not at all.

The fact is hearts bastards have raised the game. They will soon be debt free and pumping in 1.3 million a year to the managers kitty, they know they will get nothing in return but there numbers aren't dropping now they are secure.

I know it's not fair we already pay hundreds in merchandise, tickets ect. The simple fact is if we don't rebrand and put in we will be dwarfed by the rodents in player budget in a few years. Ron is a millionaire not billionaire and won't be putting in millions to be lost each year only us daft fanatics will

The fact is hearts bastards have raised the game. They will soon be debt free and pumping in 1.3 million a year to the managers kitty, they know they will get nothing in return but there numbers aren't dropping now they are secure.

I know it's not fair we already pay hundreds in merchandise, tickets ect. The simple fact is if we don't rebrand and put in we will be dwarfed by the rodents in player budget in a few years. Ron is a millionaire not billionaire and won't be putting in millions to be lost each year only us daft fanatics will
They will be paying the investors back with interest for that stand for a while

Foundation of hearts will own and control the club? Tell you what, no matter how much they are pumping in I think it’s a massive jump to think they could make a decent stab at running the club. Budge and Levein are making an arse of it, and the fans would almost certainly be worse.

Foundation of hearts will own and control the club? Tell you what, no matter how much they are pumping in I think it’s a massive jump to think they could make a decent stab at running the club. Budge and Levein are making an arse of it, and the fans would almost certainly be worse.
Im sure i read somewhere Ann Budge stating she would always be in control, not exactly the scenario its painted out to be

There will be no more new shares issued in my opinion. All very vague. HSL over to you to explain/clarify
BIG G
So the whole purpose of HSL is now defunct really, it can neither acquire a blocking group of shares or a seat on the board, in fact since this takeover it now has an even smaller % than it did. I dinnae think this has been particularly well handled at all TBH. We have 2 directors of HSL who must have known about this for some time yet have allowed people to continue donating money to HSL for shares it can no longer buy. Surely there's been some sort of conflict of interest here that should never have been allowed tae happen here with directors of the fitba club also being on the board of HSL. As directors of Hibs they were bound by confidentiality but what of their duties towards HSL and it's members? They could surely never carry out both without being on the wrong side of one or the other? I was happy to donate to HSL with the purpose of buying shares to gain a blocking group of shares with the added bonus of the money going to the team on the park. I'm afraid if Ron is looking for money for more infrastructure it winnae be coming from me, I've had enough of infrastructure under Petrie. I won't be puting my hard earned towards increasing the value of somebody else's share holding.

Expecting a new owner to allow further shares to be purchased by HS was always a pipe dream.

Interested to see what the suggestion is for allocation of any further cash handouts to the club.

Expecting a new owner to allow further shares to be purchased by HS was always a pipe dream.

Interested to see what the suggestion is for allocation of any further cash handouts to the club.
Possibly but expecting the fans tae pony up for mair infrastructure is maybe his pipe dream, cannae see many being up for that, I certainly winnae be.

Possibly but expecting the fans tae pony up for mair infrastructure is maybe his pipe dream, cannae see many being up for that, I certainly winnae be.

The message will come in the next few weeks that your HS dough will be ringfenced and go directly to the playing budget. I might write the spiel for them....

Big Ron needs an adviser to make him aware that many won't fall for his fake American patter that serves him well over there.

So far he’s been given a soft introduction in who he has met.

There will still be a selection of clowns bashing their keyboards and willing to say fuk all face to face BUT if he expects the HS cash handouts to continue whilst he directs the McGinn money and his cash injection to a new indoor facility then he’ll eventually get told if he meets the average punter en masse.

Last edited:
The message will come in the next few weeks that your HS dough will be ringfenced and go directly to the playing budget. I might write the spiel for them....

Big Ron needs an adviser to make him aware that many won't fall for his fake American patter that serves him well over there.

So far he’s been given a soft introduction in who he has met.

There will still be a selection of clowns bashing their keyboards and willing to say fuk all face to face BUT if he expects the HS cash handouts to continue whilst he directs the McGinn money and his cash injection to a new indoor facility then he’ll eventually get told if he meets the average punter en masse.
I dinnae doubt that, HSL seems tae have been a hard enough sell when the money was tae be spent on the team while also gaining shares, I see very few if any being sold on investing on further infrastructure without significant on field investment. I'm happy tae continue donating if the money is spent on the park, I'll not be puting in a brass razoo for bricks and mortar at east mains or anywhere else.

I dinnae doubt that, HSL seems tae have been a hard enough sell when the money was tae be spent on the team while also gaining shares, I see very few if any being sold on investing on further infrastructure without significant on field investment. I'm happy tae continue donating if the money is spent on the park, I'll not be puting in a brass razoo for bricks and mortar at east mains or anywhere else.

Not an unreasonable stance to take.

I'm happy to help fund players with my donation, but I'm not for paying into a Ronzi Scheme either.

Not an unreasonable stance to take.

I'm happy to help fund players with my donation, but I'm not for paying into a Ronzi Scheme either.
Sir Shrink ( and everyone else )
Can I first of all apologise for not being on here over the last week. As you can imagine there has been a lot going on. I hope you don't mind if I repeat a point I made in the "other house".

The purpose of Hibernian Supporters was to help the Club by acquiring as many shares in the Club as possible. We would suspect our Members continue to support this object but of course we could be wrong on that.

In late December 2014 the Club announced the results of a Strategic Review that the Board had undertaken over the preceding months. The Board sought to give supporters the opportunity to acquire shares in the Club and from what we recall authorised the issue of an additional 62,500,000 shares. A consequence of this was that if supporters had bought all of these shares the existing principal shareholder would have it's stake reduced to 49%. Of course around 1% was already in the hands of ordinary supporters. Individual supporters were given the opportunity to buy shares as well as Hibernian Supporters Ltd which was formed around the same time. So from these simple facts it was clear that Hibernian Supporters had no prospect of acquiring more than 50% and in all likelihood a figure well below that was more realistic. Hibernian Supporters was particularly helpful to fans who could not afford a lump sum. The shares were offered to everyone at 4p per share.

The Board of Hibernian Supporters saw this as a very good opportunity to help our Club as well as giving supporters with an interest in fan ownership the opportunity to participate. We stepped forward in response to the offer made by the Club. I think it is fair to say that from there on we set our goal as achieving a meaningful stake and defined this as 25.1% The Club made this an even more attractive idea by committing to directing all of the funds received from us to the football budget.

Can we say to all our fellow Members of Hibernian Supporters well done, congratulations and thank you so much. You did not and have not failed. You knew an offer when you saw one. You were not put off by all the detractors along the way and you have supported your Club with generosity and passion. Oh, and by the way, what have you achieved to date ?

- Four years ago we owned zero shares in the Club and now we own approximately 15.4 %
- You donated almost £800,000 to our Club at a time when our Club needed money
- That money allowed the Club to bring players to the team that would simply not have happened without it. For understandable reasons Leeann will never be able to be specific but that need not matter as football is a team sport after all.

And finally, those players that we helped to bring in delivered us the Scottish Cup on the 21st May 2016

Would we do it all over again, you bet your bottom dollar ( look what I did there )

Jim Adie

HSL have now sent out a second email and they will consult with members.

I have some concerns in relation to the articles of association in terms of how we can pass our money to the club.

HSL have now sent out a second email and they will consult with members.

I have some concerns in relation to the articles of association in terms of how we can pass our money to the club.
Yes, got the same communication. Looks like they are going to liaise with Sunnyside?

Hmm, the implication of the latest email and the piece in EEN by Charlie Reid seems to be that their favoured option is to use funds to buy shares from other shareholders. It does also suggest that we'll have an option to choose where our individual contributions get directed (share purchase / playing budget / infrastructure).

I personally think we need to know more about Ron's intentions before forming a view on the best options for HSL. If he intends to put money into the club on an ongoing basis then I'm quite happy to continue contributions. However if he's not, then I'd want to be sure that any money I put in is being used purely for the revenue budget, not for capital expenditure. Otherwise I feel like I'd be putting money in to increase the value of his investment.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way and in reality the value of his investment will never increase, but I do feel that if there's any chance he will ultimately profit from his ownership of Hibs then he should either be looking to personally match any contribution from HSL, or he should be making shares available to HSL in return for whatever contributions are made.

Hmm, the implication of the latest email and the piece in EEN by Charlie Reid seems to be that their favoured option is to use funds to buy shares from other shareholders. It does also suggest that we'll have an option to choose where our individual contributions get directed (share purchase / playing budget / infrastructure).

I personally think we need to know more about Ron's intentions before forming a view on the best options for HSL. If he intends to put money into the club on an ongoing basis then I'm quite happy to continue contributions. However if he's not, then I'd want to be sure that any money I put in is being used purely for the revenue budget, not for capital expenditure. Otherwise I feel like I'd be putting money in to increase the value of his investment.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way and in reality the value of his investment will never increase, but I do feel that if there's any chance he will ultimately profit from his ownership of Hibs then he should either be looking to personally match any contribution from HSL, or he should be making shares available to HSL in return for whatever contributions are made.

Haven't seen Charlie's piece, but I don't really see the point in buying shares from other shareholders. The club won't benefit in any way, and nor will HSL other than to make incremental gain on the shareholding. Sill wouldn't be material in my view.
I've got shares, and I'm keeping them!
I see Rocky's point about contributing to the infrastructure meaning a gain for Ron (or any other shareholder who may sell in the future - I won't!) and for that reason I'll be sending my contribution to the 'player pool' option.

I hope that choice is exercised by as many Hibs fans as possible so that we can continue our bid to challenge at the very top.

That's my view today anyway.

Haven't seen Charlie's piece, but I don't really see the point in buying shares from other shareholders. The club won't benefit in any way, and nor will HSL other than to make incremental gain on the shareholding. Sill wouldn't be material in my view.
I've got shares, and I'm keeping them!
I see Rocky's point about contributing to the infrastructure meaning a gain for Ron (or any other shareholder who may sell in the future - I won't!) and for that reason I'll be sending my contribution to the 'player pool' option.

I hope that choice is exercised by as many Hibs fans as possible so that we can continue our bid to challenge at the very top.

That's my view today anyway.
Sir Shrink

I do hope you will come along to one of our Meetings, would love to meet you.

As your post highlights you will be deciding where your money goes. Indeed the purpose of the Meetings is to take feedback from you and all of your fellow Members as this entity known as Hibernian Supporters Ltd is yours, not some imaginary character.

The other thing is that we hope to be able to help our Members understand more about how things operate in general so that everyone is better informed. With a little luck we might be able to convince the Club to lay on a cup of tea.

Hibernian Supporters

Sir Shrink

I do hope you will come along to one of our Meetings, would love to meet you.

As your post highlights you will be deciding where your money goes. Indeed the purpose of the Meetings is to take feedback from you and all of your fellow Members as this entity known as Hibernian Supporters Ltd is yours, not some imaginary character.

The other thing is that we hope to be able to help our Members understand more about how things operate in general so that everyone is better informed. With a little luck we might be able to convince the Club to lay on a cup of tea.

Hibernian Supporters

A cup of tea!!!!!!

I got two pies at the last AGM (I hadn't had my tea) so I reckon with the new owner on board the least we can expect is a slice of Apple Pie.

Or maybe a hotdog or some mac and cheese.
:54:

What's happening with the names on the strip scheme?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

HSL needs rebranding from top to bottom. We need to know what is happening and will the people who ran or are still running HSL still be doing it. A complete new infrastructure is needed. Having people on both the clubs board and HSL board left a lot to be desired as they somewhere along the line must have had a conflict of interest. A vote by members to whom they want to run HSL or what ever it gets called now must be done ASAP a complete new board who will take it forward in the future.

A cup of tea!!!!!!

I got two pies at the last AGM (I hadn't had my tea) so I reckon with the new owner on board the least we can expect is a slice of Apple Pie.

I will pass it on.

As the Minister said, I am but your humble servant ( don't take that the wrong way ).

Hibernian Supporters

HSL needs rebranding from top to bottom. We need to know what is happening and will the people who ran or are still running HSL still be doing it. A complete new infrastructure is needed. Having people on both the clubs board and HSL board left a lot to be desired as they somewhere along the line must have had a conflict of interest. A vote by members to whom they want to run HSL or what ever it gets called now must be done ASAP a complete new board who will take it forward in the future.
Gobragh

This is why we are having Consultation Meetings, to take on board views.

In case you hadn't noticed we have a democratic structure that facilitates elections. Rest assured, if the view of our Members is that they want their current Directors to stand down, so be it.

Hibernian Supporters

Gobragh

In case you hadn't noticed we have a democratic structure that facilitates elections. Rest assured, if the view of our Members is that they want their current Directors to stand down, so be it.

Hibernian Supporters

Hi Jim

Are these meetings members only or can those who are considering joining also come along?

Thanks

Gobragh

Hibernian Supporters

Yes, got the same communication. Looks like they are going to liaise with Sunnyside?

Seems a lot of things are going through HSA. I wonder why.

Seems a lot of things are going through HSA. I wonder why.

My reading of the email was just that HSL were going to have a chat with the HSA guys and gals. Seems reasonable that they take on board the views of the registered supporters groups?
I’m not a member, but I feel ST Pats has a close affinity with the Bounce so I’m sure we will hear all about it.

Am I right in thinking the only way HSL can get to the 25% mark is if they buy shares held by minority shareholders (like me) as there are no new shares to purchase? I know nothing about shares and I want to keep mine but would be happy to sign over my voting rights to HSL so you have the comfort that my shares would vote the same way as HSL and HSL doesn't need to spend money buying my shares. If enough of the others did the same you would have the 25% voting block. Too simple??

Am I right in thinking the only way HSL can get to the 25% mark is if they buy shares held by minority shareholders (like me) as there are no new shares to purchase? I know nothing about shares and I want to keep mine but would be happy to sign over my voting rights to HSL so you have the comfort that my shares would vote the same way as HSL and HSL doesn't need to spend money buying my shares. If enough of the others did the same you would have the 25% voting block. Too simple??

Don't do yourself down mate. You're not simple at all.

I'm of pretty similar mind (maybe we're both simple) inasmuch as I'm keeping my shares. I don't want money for them, I just want to keep them.
If it comes to any major problems in future as happened with Wallets Mercenary I'm pretty sure you and I would be on the side of HSL anyway, so the only shares worth purchasing to add weight to the 'Hibs fans' vote would be those held by 'unknown' investors, whoever they are.

Don't do yourself down mate. You're not simple at all.

I'm of pretty similar mind (maybe we're both simple) inasmuch as I'm keeping my shares. I don't want money for them, I just want to keep them.
If it comes to any major problems in future as happened with Wallets Mercenary I'm pretty sure you and I would be on the side of HSL anyway, so the only shares worth purchasing to add weight to the 'Hibs fans' vote would be those held by 'unknown' investors, whoever they are.
Aye and if Ron Gordon turned into that type I would just donate my shares to HSL as I'm sure a lot would do if that helped block him.

You wouldn't need to, you'd just have to vote with them.
But I agree the sentiment - that's probably how we both bought shares in the first place.

You wouldn't need to, you'd just have to vote with them.
But I agree the sentiment - that's probably how we both bought shares in the first place.
Yip and to own a tiny piece of Hibs I can pass on to my Daughter.

I'm with the simpletons. And so would my daughter.

Between the 4 of us I still suspect we have less than a brick. :giggley:

A cup of tea!!!!!!

You are obviously not on a diet.

Hibernian Supporters

Progressing as planned. We are still trying to establish from the Club the final cut off point so that we can at least get that information out there.

Hibernian Supporters

Hi Jim

Are these meetings members only or can those who are considering joining also come along?

Thanks
We think the Meeting at the HSA will be open to all, by that I mean all Members of the HSA but no doubt they will clarify that. We are their guests.

We trust you will understand that the other Meetings are for our own Members/contributors only.

Hibernian Supporters

This thread has been viewed 17427 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50