• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

HSL

FTJT

Bounce Radge
I'd probably whack another eighteen quid into the kitty if HSL had a clear path to 25.1% but as is I think this is playing silly buggers just a wee bit.

HSL shouldn't be dangling its members by their ankles trying to shake pound coins out of them until the future direction of the organisation is settled

Last edited:

SKII

Bounce Radge
I'd probably whack another eighteen quid into the kitty if HSL had a clear path to 25.1% but as is I think this is playing silly buggers just a wee bit.

HSL shouldn't be dangling it's members by their ankles trying to shake pound coins out of them until the future direction of the organisation is settled
I agree.
Full members are full members are full members, surely.
It's almost like the giving loyalty points for membership.

Power

Bounce Radge
Hopefully a clear direction of travel after the consultations in the next few weeks.
I’ll keep my monthly donations up in the meantime, it’s doing me a favour not spending it on beer and whatnot anyway.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Bounce Radge
HSL need to come on here and answer people's queries. I actually feel sorry for Jim as it must be a nightmare running this on his own. I know it's not just him but that is what it feels like.

Poor bugger.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Bounce Radge
Aw aye and I find it shocking that they have to explain about where your name may end up on the shirt. Some self important choobs in our support. Embarrassing really.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Rocky

Bounce Radge

HSL shouldn't be dangling its members by their ankles trying to shake pound coins out of them until the future direction of the organisation is settled
It makes no odds to me personally as my DD was set up on a continuing basis so I'll be over the shirt threshold. However I agree with you and I think it's a real slap in the face for those who ponied up in the early days and achieved full membership by chipping in £225. I do think it was a mistake to make it so that DDs would automatically stop after the membership threshold was reached but I don't think now is a great time to correct that mistake whilst the future is so unclear.

Maybe all will be clear by the time the October deadline is reached and it'll be no big deal. I must say though that whilst I've resisted criticising HSL throughout as I appreciate anyone who voluntarily puts their time into the club, I do now feel that the continuing levels of amateurish communications and poor decisions being made are actually having more of a detrimental effect on the club overall than the sums of money raised justifies. This has been a positive week since Tuesday's result and we should be riding that wave of positivity into tomorrow and on through Newcastle game to the start of the season. Introducing something new to bicker about really doesn't help.

Rocky

Bounce Radge
It makes no odds to me personally as my DD was set up on a continuing basis so I'll be over the shirt threshold. However I agree with you and I think it's a real slap in the face for those who ponied up in the early days and achieved full membership by chipping in £225. I do think it was a mistake to make it so that DDs would automatically stop after the membership threshold was reached but I don't think now is a great time to correct that mistake whilst the future is so unclear.

Maybe all will be clear by the time the October deadline is reached and it'll be no big deal. I must say though that whilst I've resisted criticising HSL throughout as I appreciate anyone who voluntarily puts their time into the club, I do now feel that the continuing levels of amateurish communications and poor decisions being made are actually having more of a detrimental effect on the club overall than the sums of money raised justifies. This has been a positive week since Tuesday's result and we should be riding that wave of positivity into tomorrow and on through Newcastle game to the start of the season. Introducing something new to bicker about really doesn't help.
I'll partially retract that as I see Jim has posted on dot net that the commitment that being at 1875 francks is enough will be honoured. Broader point stands though, this could easily have been avoided without starting a stramash by a more professional approach to communication and decision making.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Because I've not been contributing from the start I'll be about £60 short by October cut off.

I should feel miffed about it, but I'm ambivalent, although the plan to just keep paying in the bairns names when I've become a full member will be reviewed. It won't stop me paying in the meantime, although I'm extremely concerned about the laissez faire approach to the future as much as I share the sympathy for JA who is a good guy.

If there's no shares, why don't I just give my money to Hibs and cut out the middle man.

SKII

Bounce Radge
I didn't think of that, I forgot there was an option to stop payments when you achieved full membership. Arguably this is a clever move to get lapsed contributors who are sat on £225 to start paying in again but I reckon it'll piss a lot of people off. Especially when HSL are no longer acquiring new shares.

Ps it's not obvious but you should be able to download your membership certificate if you log in to your account.
How do I log in?
I can't see how you register on the website? Just says log in. It doesn't recognise my email address. It's like I said. I've paid in full. I've sent in the paperwork. I've heard or had nothing in return.

Rocky

Bounce Radge
How do I log in?
I can't see how you register on the website? Just says log in. It doesn't recognise my email address. It's like I said. I've paid in full. I've sent in the paperwork. I've heard or had nothing in return.
I'm not really sure to be honest. Have you tried the "forgot password" link? I'm sure they said they'd improved that process so if you're receiving emails from them just try entering whichever email address they use for those. I remember there was loads of confusion a couple of years back because they'd sent passwords by email and everyone (including me) lost them.

By the way, I never had to send in any paperwork for my certificate. It just appeared online in my account. I just downloaded and printed it.

SKII

Bounce Radge
The system says my email address is unknown. It's the one they email me at though.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
My name should be on the shirt but it’s not a big deal for me so if anyone wants a cheaper option then change their name to Winston Longhorn by deed poll for ten or fifteen quid online and it’s mission accomplished.

You too could be swaggering into a Leith hostelry pre match with your name emblazoned on a shirt (armpit) in near minuscule writing.

One for the wa’ perhaps.

OfficialHSL

Bounce Radge
I didn't think of that, I forgot there was an option to stop payments when you achieved full membership. Arguably this is a clever move to get lapsed contributors who are sat on £225 to start paying in again but I reckon it'll piss a lot of people off. Especially when HSL are no longer acquiring new shares.

Ps it's not obvious but you should be able to download your membership certificate if you log in to your account.
Rocky

Thank you for your post and bringing this to our attention.

We had been working on this initiative for a while before recent events drew our attention to other matters.

We have been concentrating on refining the proposal, mostly around deadline, and considering other feedback around the potential for people to pay for name prominence. We also wanted to bring attention to the year in which the strip relates to - 2020. We have simply overlooked the precise wording of our original email and you are correct to say that we promised this based on £225 or 1875 Francks.

Rest assured we will stick to that promise. For most of our Members, you will have already exceeded that limit and therefore nothing changes. We can assure you that we were not trying to change the goalposts for the sake of £12. We simply had not looked back to the original post.

Hibernian Supporters

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Bounce Radge
Paying for name prominence is a bit shit. Takes the whole 'fans together' aspect out, and makes it 'rich fans first' which I'm not too keen on.

On second thoughts I'll chuck in another tenner if I get my name right across the front in BIG LETTERS

That's after I've changed it by deed poll to Fcuk The Gunts

OfficialHSL

Bounce Radge
Paying for name prominence is a bit shit. Takes the whole 'fans together' aspect out, and makes it 'rich fans first' which I'm not too keen on.

On second thoughts I'll chuck in another tenner if I get my name right across the front in BIG LETTERS

That's after I've changed it by deed poll to Fcuk The Gunts
Sir Shrink

Great minds think alike.

We had to consider all the suggestions put to us but your Board felt the same as you and that we would not facilitate some supporters getting a better place on the shirt because they had the money to do so. Our fundamental ethos is one member one vote. The Francks idea gives us a little bit of fun to recognise in small ways contribution levels but it simply was not appropriate here.

Hibernian Supporters

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
Sir Shrink

Great minds think alike.

We had to consider all the suggestions put to us but your Board felt the same as you and that we would not facilitate some supporters getting a better place on the shirt because they had the money to do so. Our fundamental ethos is one member one vote. The Francks idea gives us a little bit of fun to recognise in small ways contribution levels but it simply was not appropriate here.

Hibernian Supporters
What’s the earliest opportunity we could remove the club board members as directors of HS and what’s the process to begin this??

Jack

Bounce Radge
Sir Shrink

Great minds think alike.

Hibernian Supporters
Just a thought on this theme.

If you had a raffle/draw at a fiver or tenner a head and drew out 10/20/50/100 or whatever for a prominent position then the idea of folk paying for the privilege would diminish while at the same time Hibernian Supporters would get a little extra money in.

Hibs1337

Bounce Radge
I don’t care where my name is on the shirt, as long as it is on it.

Let’s be honest, the only person looking for it will be me, no one else will bothered.
Even if it was in the middle centre of the shirt nae fecker could read it unless two inches away.

I really don’t understand the angst of some folk regarding HSL in general.
Maybe it is because I pay in for different reasons?
If somebody is no happy then stop paying in or don’t start if you haven’t already.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
As we can’t buy shares, how would the hsl members feel about using the hsl cash to give hibs interest free loans with generous payback periods possibily linked to options to buy RGs shares?

I’m really uncomfortable with just donating money to hibs through hsl.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old