Horgan's second on Saturday. Hibs' most important goal since The 21.5.2016. Discuss. (1 Viewer)

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
As it says on the tin, do you believe that Horgan's winner in Saturday's derby was, is the most seismic goal for us in our recent history since David Gray's drought-ending header three years ago? I do. I really do. It remains to be seen what effect Saturday's performance and result will have on the rest of the season, but, and I don't say this often (cos I'm a miserable old perineum), but I feel good! Good about the future. Both short and medium-term.

And we need to thank his Heckness for that!

Reactions: Jamie and deano6-2

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
The reason why I believe that Saturday's winner will prove to be such a catalytic goal for our great club is that, similar to Sir David's goal, it has already engendered a real 'feel-good' factor to our club. Leith is drowning in an ocean of endorphins at the moment. Buy a dopamine pie at the home game next week when we pish on Lenny's title party. Wash it down with a serotonin Bovril. You know it makes sense. Also, season ticket sales will hold steady, or possibly even improve. We have gone above hertz. Even if, God forbid, they were to win the Scottish Cup (I would take them to beat Aberdeen, I'm afraid to say), for the second season in succession, we will finish above them. That has not happened to often over the past 35 years (indeed the last time it happened, i.e. the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons, we both got relegated!). Interest in our club has risen dramatically. And I attribute it to Saturday's winner.

Be honest. Would we be having this present love-in with the Heck had we lost on Saturday? Had we had to tolerate Rolf 'It's a good laugh' Harris gloating at us? Had we had to face a workplace full of 'special' Jambos reminding us of the six year drought? Unlikely, I'm sure you'll agree.

The future is bright. It's green. It's white. And it lives in Leith.

And when it needs a tollie, it goes to Swynecastle.

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I agree about the importance of the goal. Saturday was the game where we found out whether Hecky could do his stuff against our biggest rivals. Up till then he’d done brilliant against the bottom six teams, but struggled slightly against the top six teams. Horgan’s goals changed that and proved to everyone that the Heck is the real deal. A good run in the final five games could see season ticket sales rise again for next season, something that would’ve have been unimaginable when Lennon left.

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I agree about the importance of the goal. Saturday was the game where we found out whether Hecky could do his stuff against our biggest rivals. Up till then he’d done brilliant against the bottom six teams, but struggled slightly against the top six teams. Horgan’s goals changed that and proved to everyone that the Heck is the real deal. A good run in the final five games could see season ticket sales rise again for next season, something that would’ve have been unimaginable when Lennon left.
What he said.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Maybe.

Its not on the same scale as SDGs but I cant think of many more satisfying between the two.

Heckys doing a great job of turning heads at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Power and WJC1848

kevinc

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I’d be astounded if we match season ticket sales, I anticipate a reduction of at least 10%.

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I’d be astounded if we match season ticket sales, I anticipate a reduction of at least 10%.
What if we eclipse last seasons achiements? It’s our time now my friend, we can do this.

kevinc

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
What if we eclipse last seasons achiements? It’s our time now my friend, we can do this.
I would love it if we could mate , I just don’t see it.

Reactions: Jamie

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I think Keating late winner at ER at the tail end of our promotion season was bigger. We were just getting a bit edgy when he drove a beauty in late on in the game. In that instance I knew we were promoted.
v Falkirk? Great shout.

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel