• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

High speed trains.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffeeshop Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I see the French have just put a measure through parliament that will stop all internal flights that last longer than 2.5 hrs and replace them with TGV (Trains Grande Vitesse = HST) where available.

Must say NL doesn't have enough land for this to work. But what's the hampden with HSTs in the UK? Are there any? What is high speed for beeg trains in GB?

Reactions: Zab
One or two other lines get over a ton, but that's about it afaik.
Eurostar's may be a bit quicker?

I thought they must have some slow planes in France but it's actually replacing flights that can be done in 2 1/2 hours by train.

Isn't that new multi squillion pounds line between London and Birmingham a HSL?

I thought they must have some slow planes in France but it's actually replacing flights that can be done in 2 1/2 hours by train.
I wiz distracted wi putting the link in too :(

What you say 100%, thank you.

@greencol 100 mph no kph I guess...? What happened to the old 125s ?

There was a dot in between the 2 and the 5 😉

Bit out of touch with rail travel.
The station here was dismantled 50 years ago.

Isn't that new multi squillion pounds line between London and Birmingham a HSL?
Yes mate HS2

Eventually coming up to glasgow and edinburgh

HS1 is the channel tunnel.

HS2 is a lot of money wasted to cut 20 minutes off a journey between Manchester and London

HS2 is a lot of money wasted to cut 20 minutes off a journey between Manchester and London
20 mins on the stock exchange floor for some will be worth millions 🙄

1 So what kinda speeds are these HS1+2 trains goin at?

and

2 Are there really no intercity 125s any more? Or is there a new IC loco?

Yes mate HS2

Eventually coming up to glasgow and edinburgh

HS1 is the channel tunnel.

Jamie, I think any plans for HS2 to come up to Scotland were scrapped in 2016.

"In May 2015, HS2 Ltd had concluded that there was "no business case" to extend HS2 north into Scotland, and that high-speed rail services should run north on upgraded conventional track."

1 So what kinda speeds are these HS1+2 trains goin at?

and

2 Are there really no intercity 125s any more? Or is there a new IC loco?
I think the 125's were being phased out 30 years ago.
The phasing out took a while as LNER got rid the their last one in 2019.

Last edited:
Jamie, I think any plans for HS2 to come up to Scotland were scrapped in 2016.

"In May 2015, HS2 Ltd had concluded that there was "no business case" to extend HS2 north into Scotland, and that high-speed rail services should run north on upgraded conventional track."

Ffs, fuckers need to update there website 🤣🤣🤣

Randomly, I thought it stood for Trans Grand Vitesse. It maybe did once.

Not really the main advantage of a new line. It frees up the old line to provide more local services and significant increase in freight, taking a lot of lorries off motorways. I think it’s terrific.

Not really the main advantage of a new line. It frees up the old line to provide more local services and significant increase in freight, taking a lot of lorries off motorways. I think it’s terrific.

Between London and Birmingham and possible Manchester and Leeds sometime in the future.

I have used the The Shinkansen train or Bullet several times. Each year it averages 20 seconds late to numerous destinations from Tokyo.
Am I the only one who when travelling to London is delighted to play sounds, maybe watch a film on phone, eat a piece, a peeve included in that piece or grab a meal deal at Waverly. Knowing that you are both only 4.5 hours from Capital to Capital and quicker from house to destination than if you had flown.

BIG G

I have used the The Shinkansen train or Bullet several times. Each year it averages 20 seconds late to numerous destinations from Tokyo.
Am I the only one who when travelling to London is delighted to play sounds, maybe watch a film on phone, eat a piece, a peeve included in that piece or grab a meal deal at Waverly. Knowing that you are both only 4.5 hours from Capital to Capital and quicker from house to destination than if you had flown.

BIG G
Did the bullet train but Beijing to Tianjin train in China was flying machine in comparison. Think it was worlds fastest at one point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing–Tianjin_intercity_railway

Recall a serious speed showing on the display in the Frankfurt to Paris ICE (ice baby). 320kmh per google.

Did the bullet train but Beijing to Tianjin train in China was flying machine in comparison. Think it was worlds fastest at one point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijing–Tianjin_intercity_railway

Recall a serious speed showing on the display in the Frankfurt to Paris ICE (ice baby). 320kmh per google.

I was on a Berlin to Frankfurt high speed train going from Lippstadt to Koln. They had to move us out our carriage as it stank of shite. Neither the train or the smell of shite left quickly.

20 mins on the stock exchange floor for some will be worth millions 🙄
Dont think they physically have to be there

I was on a Berlin to Frankfurt high speed train going from Lippstadt to Koln. They had to move us out our carriage as it stank of shite. Neither the train or the smell of shite left quickly.
The bordbistro is the only place to be on these things. Draught Becks and you can gobble down a sausage if that’s your thing.

The bordbistro is the only place to be on these things. Draught Becks and you can gobble down a sausage if that’s your thing.
Not speaking German I didnae know that. After the deutsche pooper carriage I was off my sausage.

Not speaking German I didnae know that. After the deutsche pooper carriage I was off my sausage.
I dinnae speak German either but I think your experience is called Schmellofshizen.😉

I dinnae speak German either but I think your experience is called Schmellofshizen.😉
Thread hopelessly hijacked derailed

Yayayaya. Donkey shite.

This thread has been viewed 3723 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back