Hibs v St Johnstone - Scottish Cup Final

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Goals&Glory

Well-Known Radge
Wish folk would see more positives than worry about the opposition and what they offer ffs. Our front 3 are bang at it this season as stats show with the goals/assists. For me the LC SF we had enough chances to be 2/3 up before StJ scored.

The media are building Saints up with their double quest and neutrals would love to see it happen. I know JR and the boys will go about their business as normal with a determination to go and prove any doubters wrong. We are 3rd for a reason aye? 3 games remaining of the season cup final included. They have my backing to go and do the business we are after.

For all the pessimistic half pinters, sceptical, worrying, doubting, shit feart of their own fucking shadows folk, a song for you all......hum it every time you feel your bottle is about to crash regarding the Final and remember that poor bastards who first did so 100 years ago were going to certain carnage, untold slaughter and highly probable death.
We are not, it's a fitba match that we are certainly going win in my opinion. If we don't.....get over it, there are worse things that will happen in all our lifes.

BIG G

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
Wish folk would see more positives than worry about the opposition and what they offer ffs. Our front 3 are bang at it this season as stats show with the goals/assists. For me the LC SF we had enough chances to be 2/3 up before StJ scored.

The media are building Saints up with their double quest and neutrals would love to see it happen. I know JR and the boys will go about their business as normal with a determination to go and prove any doubters wrong. We are 3rd for a reason aye? 3 games remaining of the season cup final included. They have my backing to go and do the business we are after.
In fact, I’m glad the press are focussing on their attempt to win two cups. Takes the pressure off us and less of the microscope

numptyploom

Just A Radge

That's the positivity I was looking for.Cheers!

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I'm glad we are playing St Johnstone.

In five attempts this season we have managed only one win against them, and that courtesy of a dodgy last minute penalty. They have beaten us the other three times and we have drawn once. This means we know how tough the final is going to be and we are well overdue a win against them. If it had been St Mirren we would have been strong favourites and I always think that works against us in these sort of games.

There really is not much if anything between the two teams, and it is a very difficult game to predict. Hope we are as near to full strength as we can be, because IMO we will need to be. They will fancy their chances as much as we will, but as others have said it will be interesting to see how they cope with the pressure and the hype of being one game away from a double cup winning season.

We have a real chance, and I would be delighted if we won. I will get over it fairly quickly though if we don't.

Huge game on Wednesday night at Aberdeen, and my worry is we are going to be so focussed on the cup we are going to allow Aberdeen to pip us for third . Really hope we can get at least a draw up there.

Last edited:

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
Fuck being worried by Spoony or any other players. I think Boyle, Nisbet and Doidge should put the fear in to them.
Agreed. Because of our poor recent record against them, easy to fall into the trap of worrying about their players but we have strengths of our own. Still think it’s in our hands. We turn up for this and we can win. Simple as that. But, I’m glad like someone mentioned above, that a lot of the focus is on them winning two cups. It puts some pressure on them and alleviates all the focus being on us

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Spoony left us eight years ago and in 16 transfer windows since then I haven't seen a single post saying "we should be signing the lad Wotherspoon from St Johnstone". Liam Craig still makes me feel really quite ill at the very sight of him. Drey Wright gets pelters on here and elsewhere and the lad Danny whose second name I've forgotten never really made much of an impact. There's not a chance St Johnstone are better than us. Freak sequences of results happen in fitba but the difference in quality will always show through in the end. Just need to turn up and play as a team and we'll give them a hounding.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here