• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs v Newcastle

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
July 30th

Its ashame its not away
Would have been a good trip

Fancy this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skunktastic

Best pre-season fixture at ER for a long time. The big English clubs that used to do Scottish tours now go to the USA and SE Asia in July to make megabucks from promoting the brand. So exciting to think we'll have Rafa and his lot at ER.
Bobby will have no conflict of interest. Mind you, I don't understand anyone wanting any team to prevail against Hibs. Hibs first, always.

My first ever game was Hibs v Newcastle so this is a welcome return.

Best pre-season fixture at ER for a long time. The big English clubs that used to do Scottish tours now go to the USA and SE Asia in July to make megabucks from promoting the brand. So exciting to think we'll have Rafa and his lot at ER.
Bobby will have no conflict of interest. Mind you, I don't understand anyone wanting any team to prevail against Hibs. Hibs first, always.

Hibs.
Hibs reserves.
Hibs Ladies (is that sexist?)

Any order.

So no big glamour friendly for us again. Jonjo Shelvey at ER, can’t wait.

So no big glamour friendly for us again. Jonjo Shelvey at ER, can’t wait.
Your Mrs is a lucky las smiler, I'm looking forward to it decent level players to test against although would have preferred it away

Newcastle are my other team along with Leith Athletic so quite happy about this

Hibs.
Hibs reserves.
Hibs Ladies (is that sexist?)

Any order.
No - that is far from sexist. That is probably the best all-inclusive holiday package you could get !

Don't really like Newcastle, but it's a good fixture for Hibs. Benitez is doing a good job there considering the ownership, and they'll bring a big crowd. Close to a sell out I'd expect?

Quite looking forward to Arbroath away too.

Always an interesting football perspective when we get to play our full team against players who are obviously at a higher level but who will be short on match fitness and who will be treating the game as can experimental friendly.

Remember gubbing Blackburn 3:0 and Tommy Mac having £3m Shearer in his back pocket to the time of "What a waste of money" sung gleefully from the East "terracing".

No interest or idea of English football these days but English fans have a real depth of knowledge and commitment even though Newcastle fans speak an amusing dialectic of "English" and used to have this in built belief they are somehow "special" as they come from the "football hot bed" of the North East". Huge yawn smiley.

No idea if they still think like that but they always seen a noisy and passionate support and seemed to appreciate quality skilful players so it should be a good match up.

Well done to Hibs as it can't be easy getting an English Premiership side these days with their world wide exposure.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll leave one or two of their players on loan.

Don't really like Newcastle, but it's a good fixture for Hibs. Benitez is doing a good job there considering the ownership, and they'll bring a big crowd. Close to a sell out I'd expect?
A sellout for a friendly? Doubt it, maybe 11-12K?? Which would be good for a warmup game.

Maybe they'll leave one or two of their players on loan.
Don't think the boy we had the last time made the 1st team. But different times.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Don't think the boy we had the last time made the 1st team. But different times.

Phil Airey? Must have played at some point as was in the list of Lewis Stevenson’s 200 Hibs team mates in paper the other day, some shockers in the list.

Phil Airey? Must have played at some point as was in the list of Lewis Stevenson’s 200 Hibs team mates in paper the other day, some shockers in the list.
That's the one, dunno how many games but never done much.

Came on as a sub at ana away game at Killie, if my memory serves me well, then never seen again

Had to google him, looks a better golfer than striker.

This thread has been viewed 2459 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50