• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Hibs v Newcastle

Jan1875

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Its ashame its not away
Would have been a good trip

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Fancy this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKII

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Best pre-season fixture at ER for a long time. The big English clubs that used to do Scottish tours now go to the USA and SE Asia in July to make megabucks from promoting the brand. So exciting to think we'll have Rafa and his lot at ER.
Bobby will have no conflict of interest. Mind you, I don't understand anyone wanting any team to prevail against Hibs. Hibs first, always.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
My first ever game was Hibs v Newcastle so this is a welcome return.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Best pre-season fixture at ER for a long time. The big English clubs that used to do Scottish tours now go to the USA and SE Asia in July to make megabucks from promoting the brand. So exciting to think we'll have Rafa and his lot at ER.
Bobby will have no conflict of interest. Mind you, I don't understand anyone wanting any team to prevail against Hibs. Hibs first, always.
Hibs.
Hibs reserves.
Hibs Ladies (is that sexist?)

Any order.

Chester Perry

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
So no big glamour friendly for us again. Jonjo Shelvey at ER, can’t wait.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Newcastle are my other team along with Leith Athletic so quite happy about this

WJC1848

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Hibs.
Hibs reserves.
Hibs Ladies (is that sexist?)

Any order.
No - that is far from sexist. That is probably the best all-inclusive holiday package you could get !

southfieldhibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Don't really like Newcastle, but it's a good fixture for Hibs. Benitez is doing a good job there considering the ownership, and they'll bring a big crowd. Close to a sell out I'd expect?

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Quite looking forward to Arbroath away too.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Always an interesting football perspective when we get to play our full team against players who are obviously at a higher level but who will be short on match fitness and who will be treating the game as can experimental friendly.

Remember gubbing Blackburn 3:0 and Tommy Mac having £3m Shearer in his back pocket to the time of "What a waste of money" sung gleefully from the East "terracing".

No interest or idea of English football these days but English fans have a real depth of knowledge and commitment even though Newcastle fans speak an amusing dialectic of "English" and used to have this in built belief they are somehow "special" as they come from the "football hot bed" of the North East". Huge yawn smiley.

No idea if they still think like that but they always seen a noisy and passionate support and seemed to appreciate quality skilful players so it should be a good match up.

Well done to Hibs as it can't be easy getting an English Premiership side these days with their world wide exposure.

Last edited:

Westside Green

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Maybe they'll leave one or two of their players on loan.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Don't really like Newcastle, but it's a good fixture for Hibs. Benitez is doing a good job there considering the ownership, and they'll bring a big crowd. Close to a sell out I'd expect?
A sellout for a friendly? Doubt it, maybe 11-12K?? Which would be good for a warmup game.

EastMeetsWest

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Maybe they'll leave one or two of their players on loan.
Don't think the boy we had the last time made the 1st team. But different times.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Don't think the boy we had the last time made the 1st team. But different times.

Phil Airey? Must have played at some point as was in the list of Lewis Stevenson’s 200 Hibs team mates in paper the other day, some shockers in the list.

EastMeetsWest

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Phil Airey? Must have played at some point as was in the list of Lewis Stevenson’s 200 Hibs team mates in paper the other day, some shockers in the list.
That's the one, dunno how many games but never done much.

goldenhibby

Bounce Radge
Came on as a sub at ana away game at Killie, if my memory serves me well, then never seen again

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel