• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs V Morton

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Too soon?After THAT performance who would you tell Hecky to play?Ok I'll have a go .I'd put Marciano in goal,I'dput Whitts at right back and I'd have James at left back Between them I'd put in Porteous and I'd put in Jackson.In front of them I'd put Mallan,in front of him on the right I put Horgan on his left I put Slivka and in their middle I put Allan,and up front it's Kamberi and Shaw.

Marciano
Gray Hanlon Porteous james
Horgan Mallan Middleton
Allan
Kamberi Shaw

James is out for weeks, isn't he?

James is out for weeks, isn't he?

yep ligaments i think

Is Mackie banned for this or just league ?

2 yellows , wont they just add up ??

Just league apparently:
"Receiving a second caution in the same match (A6)
1 match automatic suspension
Effective immediately to the next match in the Competition in which the sending-off offence was reported"

I would go:
(EDIT - swapped Horgan and Middleton to the other side)
Marciano
Gray Jackson Porteous
Horgan Murray Mallan Middleton
Allan
Kamberi Shaw​

Last edited:
Whittaker is carthorse slow.In the highlights of that debacle, there was a clip of him being beaten to a ball any reasonably fit player would have gotten to.There must surely be someone else to fill his position ??

Marciano
Gray Hanlon Porteous james
Horgan Mallan Middleton
Allan
Kamberi Shaw
Gray didn't look fit when he came on which is why I went for Whitts.

Gray didn't look fit when he came on which is why I went for Whitts.

He rarely does of late mores the pity

yep ligaments i think
Oh well it's got to be Mackie then.

If there is any desire to play the attacking, high pressing fitbaw we’re told about, for me the team has to be:
Marciano
Gray Porteous Jackson Mackie
Horgan Slivka Allan Middleton
Doidge Kamberi

Subs:
Maxwell, Whittaker, Hanlon, Vela, Mallan, Murray, Shaw

Won't be easy...but we'll win.

4-0 Hibs :giggley:

If there is any desire to play the attacking, high pressing fitbaw we’re told about, for me the team has to be:
Marciano
Gray Porteous Jackson Mackie
Horgan Slivka Allan Middleton
Doidge Kamberi

Subs:
Maxwell, Whittaker, Hanlon, Vela, Mallan, Murray, Shaw
I like your thinking but probably too soon for Gray and Porto. Would like to see Vicky involved as he gets us moving forward and provides a bit of energy to the team.

I like your thinking but probably too soon for Gray and Porto. Would like to see Vicky involved as he gets us moving forward and provides a bit of energy to the team.

Aye it’ll probably be Whittaker and Hanlon, but I think Slivka is ready and like you say brings a bit more energy than Mallan and what I’ve seen of Vela.

Rocky (obviously )
SDG ( leadership )
Daz (atonement )
Hanlon ( atonement )
Lewis ( 80%fit is still better )
Horgan
Mallan
Allan
Slivka
Flo
Shaw
We don’t have a holding mid , so go for the jugular ? Ps ram yer minutes

Heck’s team
Maxwell ( needs minutes )
Whittaker ( James isny fit )
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie ( James isny fit )
Vela
Allan
Mallan
Newell
Doidge
Middleton
(High pressing from the start) ?

ST J will be my 1st trip up this season so feel I cannae comment on individuals but from what I can gather fae you guys he seems determined tae play his signings no matter what. IMO only giving Morton a tanking can can go some way to making up for last weeks embarrassment. GGTTH

Rocky.
Roger, Porty, Jackson, Mackie.
Vela.
Slivka, Mallon, Allen, Middleton.
Flo.

Mackie kind of gets a game by default and Roger isn't going to be up anywhere like the standard of player he was last week and its a dream game for Porty to make his long awaited comeback.

I am not clear if PHB fancies Slivka or not but after last weeks nightmare performance from the midfield then some sort of change is required.

Suddenly from nowhere this game has become high pressure so it will be interesting to see how PHB copes with being a goal down for example. Can he think clearly under pressure or will he bottle it and make a panic change in personal or tactics.

The fans will 'panic' that's for sure if we lose a goal as PHB doesn't understand and will never understand the dynamics of last weeks capitulation against 'Scotland's Shame 2012'.

Marciano

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Horgan
Vela
Allan
Newell

Doidge
Kamberi

Subs
Maxwell
Gray
McGregor
Murray
Slivka
Middleton
Shaw

Surely we can't play with only one up top v Morton?

Surely we can't play with only one up top v Morton?

I fear we may find that we can.

If the new signings don't contribute a hell of a lot more than they have been doing, then we will be playing with one up top, and a team of about nine. we're not playing as a team just now, just a bunch of error prone individuals with a couple of hide and seek champions who would have given Osama Bin Laden a real challenge in his heyday.

If the new signings don't contribute a hell of a lot more than they have been doing, then we will be playing with one up top, and a team of about nine. we're not playing as a team just now, just a bunch of error prone individuals with a couple of hide and seek champions who would have given Osama Bin Laden a real challenge in his heyday.
Spot on Sir ?

Marciano

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Horgan
Vela
Allan
Newell

Doidge
Kamberi

Subs
Maxwell
Gray
McGregor
Murray
Slivka
Middleton
Shaw
How you can put Newell and Doidge in is beyond me.

How you can put Newell and Doidge in is beyond me.

Quite clearly.

Quite clearly.

Ricky, Newell is shite, he needs to up his game massively, he makes Allan O'Brien look like he tried.

Still confident the new guys will come good. Sometimes it takes a while for new players to settle at a new club in a new league and in a new country. Still very early days...only two league games played.

Rocky (obviously )
SDG ( leadership )
Daz (atonement )
Hanlon ( atonement )
Lewis ( 80%fit is still better )
Horgan
Mallan
Allan
Slivka
Flo
Shaw
We don’t have a holding mid , so go for the jugular ? Ps ram yer minutes

Heck’s team
Maxwell ( needs minutes )
Whittaker ( James isny fit )
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie ( James isny fit )
Vela
Allan
Mallan
Newell
Doidge
Middleton
(High pressing from the start) ?

If he starts the same centre half pairing that shipped 6 goals he really has lost the plot!

Still confident the new guys will come good. Sometimes it takes a while for new players to settle at a new club in a new league and in a new country. Still very early days...only two league games played.

I hope so, we need them to. I don’t think the tactics necessarily help any of the new lads in midfield or up front.

Doidge clearly needs a strike partner, so does Flo (and Shaw for that matter), seems obvious we have to find a way of operating with two up front more often than not.

There’s also a real lack of leadership in the team, need Gray back ASAP.

If he starts the same centre half pairing that shipped 6 goals he really has lost the plot!
If we had a proper defensive holding midfielder to protect the back four it would be much easier, but we don't. This should be our priority before the end of the window but I think one or two players will be moving on to accommodate this.

Would be giving Mallan a rest and will have a think about rest of team

Would be giving Mallan a rest and will have a think about rest of team
If we had a better balance in our midfield which would actually get the best out of a player like Mallan (our top goalscorer last season who has the ability to hurt teams when played in an attacking role) life would be so much easier, but we don;t. You need a balance of hard working grafters and cultured creative players and pace in a midfield. We still don;t have that balance. Still a few weeks to go though.

If we had a proper defensive holding midfielder to protect the back four it would be much easier, but we don't. This should be our priority before the end of the window but I think one or two players will be moving on to accommodate this.

I don’t think we need a holding midfielder unless we are going to persist with a variant of 433.

If we were actually set up to play on the front foot, pressing high up the pitch, there’s no need for one. Think back to the system Lennon used with McGeouch/McGinn/Allan in midfield, no holding player but all capable of winning the ball back quickly.

I think if we actually pressed high and quickly, we’d see more from Mallan/Vela/Slivka.

I don’t think you can play a holding midfielder with 3-5-2, you end up with a real back 6.

i hate to say this, but maybe the answer would be to go 3-5-2. hecky won’t though. He’s going to stick with 4-3-3

I don’t think we need a holding midfielder unless we are going to persist with a variant of 433.

If we were actually set up to play on the front foot, pressing high up the pitch, there’s no need for one. Think back to the system Lennon used with McGeouch/McGinn/Allan in midfield, no holding player but all capable of winning the ball back quickly.

I think if we actually pressed high and quickly, we’d see more from Mallan/Vela/Slivka.

I don’t think you can play a holding midfielder with 3-5-2, you end up with a real back 6.

i hate to say this, but maybe the answer would be to go 3-5-2. hecky won’t though. He’s going to stick with 4-3-3

Yeah that’s true but equally you don’t really need one in a 442 either, which we do have the players to set up that way.

I see calls to drop Mallan. I disagree, the issue is he is having to sit so deep it doesn’t bring the best of his game to us. Vela needs to show he is the defensive midfielder we were looking for or we find another. Our midfield has been over ran the last 2 games.

Ricky, Newell is shite, he needs to up his game massively, he makes Allan O'Brien look like he tried.

I've only seen him a handful of games so I'll reserve judgement.

I dont think we honestly have the players within the squad to suddenly field a dynamic midfield. Hopefully the new lad on loan will add legs out wide tho.

I hope Morton dont have any decent wide players as we'll get exposed again imo. Not just thru pedestrian and inexperienced full backs but also in our midfield getting pulled all over the place and losing whatever shape it's actually supposed to have to begin with. I think this could be a common theme until Gray and Stevenson are match fit and back in the groove.

Up front again our options are limited..you've either got the huffy and temperamental Kamberi or Doidge ( who to me looks like he is terrified of missing a chance and on last weeks showing cannot play up front on his own). I dont think Heckingbottom would start Shaw.

I caught the Motherwell v Morton match on tv a couple of weeks ago and Well tore Morton apart with quick wingers and one touch football round the penalty area. We're capable of doing that with Allan, Horgan and Kamberi best suited to it.

It should be a comfortable victory but a lot will depend on the confidence of the players and them settling early. A quick goal would settle us right down so hopefully we come flying out the traps. A poor performance would really heap the pressure on the management team..they need to bounce back convincingly from Ibrox.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I see calls to drop Mallan. I disagree, the issue is he is having to sit so deep it doesn’t bring the best of his game to us. Vela needs to show he is the defensive midfielder we were looking for or we find another. Our midfield has been over ran the last 2 games.

I don't understand the anti-Mallan vibes on here, and much more so on other Hibs sites/pages. Getting voted fans player, and players player of the year last season must indicate that he's pretty decent? Or despite the old saying, he did fool all of the people all of the time. But just last season.

Vela disappointed me in his last game (I wasn't at the Hunnery so maybe he was better there) and frankly I'm getting a bit worried that our recent signings are from the Duff Jimmy catalogue. Scotty apart, they aren't setting the heather on fire. A couple 'decent at best' and others who I'm praying ARE capable of much more, because if they aren't then they are at the wrong club.

We really need to get a few goals on Saturday. Scraping a win, or worse will just make us all less confident, and that in turn will transmit from the terraces and tinternet to the players.

It could be a downward spiral unless our manager and players get a fcukin grip.

At least two very big loans are needed. If Hecky reckons we are finished in the transfer market, then I'd say he was half right.

We are finished.

This thread has been viewed 3733 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back