• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs v Celtc Scottish Cup Last Season

Smurf

Private Member
Reaction score
It wasn't that we just got knocked out of the Scottish Cup. It was that on that day we experienced something we hadn't experienced in a long time. At home under Stubbs & Lennon we played to win. Regardless to the opposition. And that's why we defeated Celtc, The Rangers, Aberdeen & The Gunts etc, etc.

And on that cauld night something was very different. It was a game we never looked like winning. Because we had not been set up to go and win the game. We were set up in this Scottish Cup game hoping Celtc would lose the game. And as we all know when you do that invariably it never works. And in the process of doing so you bore your home support.

That was the beginning of the Heckingbottom era and in all other big games we've been set up similar.

He started as he meant to go on.

I think it was bad luck - he'd fallen into a team and it had performed well up to that point so he couldn't really change things. It might have been better to lose his first game in charge.

I think it's the English mentality out with the huge oil funded clubs - they set out not to lose. Also the few championship games I take any interest are utter guff in terms of skill they're all giants that lump the ball up the park. Did anyone at hibs even watch any of his previous teams i wonder? His style of play could put you to sleep

It wasn't that we just got knocked out of the Scottish Cup. It was that on that day we experienced something we hadn't experienced in a long time. At home under Stubbs & Lennon we played to win. Regardless to the opposition. And that's why we defeated Celtc, The Huns, Aberdeen & The Gunts etc, etc.

And on that cauld night something was very different. It was a game we never looked like winning. Because we had not been set up to go and win the game. We were set up in this Scottish Cup game hoping Celtc would lose the game. And as we all know when you do that invariably it never works. And in the process of doing so you bore your home support.

That was the beginning of the Heckingbottom era and in all other big games we've been set up similar.

A one off game. At best he crossed fingers and sneak a draw. Never once did we have a go.

You’d have thought he would have had the players pumped up. Set up to sit off Celtic and let them have the ball.

You’d have thought he’d have employed same tactics when we pumped them a few months earlier

Heckingbottom seems to have lack of knowledge for the Scottish game. He treats the old firm like we are facing Man City.

Stubbs or Lennon showed no respect, and seen the old firm as equals to ourselves.

It wasn’t bad luck, we didn’t get a single win in the top six and were utter pish. Our performances this season in the cup and league have been pish too. Put that all together and it’s very hard to be hopeful going forward.

I think it's the English mentality out with the huge oil funded clubs - they set out not to lose. Also the few championship games I take any interest are utter guff in terms of skill they're all giants that lump the ball up the park. Did anyone at hibs even watch any of his previous teams i wonder? His style of play could put you to sleep

Yeah think this is true in terms of attitude. Partly it's the structure of the league, it's very trappy, everyone can just about beat everyone, so a lot of sides start out intending to secure mid-table and then mount a run of games to get into the playoffs or higher. On a game-by-game basis this translates to very tight, cagey opening 25 minute spells, direct stuff etc.

Villa last year are a very good example of this. Hold the squad together, don't get exhausted/too may injuries, then construct a charge at the end.

I do think it's a more exciting league than it was but it's definitely got a lot of 'eradicating mistakes' type play going on.

Out of interest, which teams in particular are you taking interest in?

Strangely enough in the game against Celtic before this one, at Parkheid, when we were managerless with Eddie May in charge, we played our last high pressing game. It was almost suicidally high up the park that we pressed them. It was a bit naive away from home, for sure, we were over run as the game went on, and we lost by the same score as the Cup match. But we went there to have a go. Hecky has never done anything like it despite all his claims.

It wasn't that we just got knocked out of the Scottish Cup. It was that on that day we experienced something we hadn't experienced in a long time. At home under Stubbs & Lennon we played to win. Regardless to the opposition. And that's why we defeated Celtc, The Huns, Aberdeen & The Gunts etc, etc.

Spot on. And that's why I took against him right from the off. I really think we have to cut our losses sooner rather than later or we could end up in trouble with this man. We have a worse team than last year who are playing poorer.

I saw somewhere this morning hecky saying he cant believe scottish clubs don't have more of a go against the old firm, well till he arrived we used to

Out of interest, which teams in particular are you taking interest in?

I watched Rochdale v Scunthorpe on Saturday and it was a good game with two very decent footballing sides

I watched Rochdale v Scunthorpe on Saturday and it was a good game with two very decent footballing sides
You'll have enjoyed a pie too I trust mate??

Always have a soft spot for Dale, consistently punching above their weight, tidy well maintained ground with absolutely no daft ideas above their station. When you look a little further west ( and South because Oldham won't be far behind) it's even more remarkable.

Chris Darnell though.....

Always have a soft spot for Dale, consistently punching above their weight, tidy well maintained ground with absolutely no daft ideas above their station. When you look a little further west ( and South because Oldham won't be far behind) it's even more remarkable.

Chris Dagnell though....

Chris Darnell though....

No mate i watched online and i pies haven't been invented yet , then again i'm off that kind of thing now . I think they might have a decent season . Anyway , long time no see how you doing ?

No mate i watched online and i pies haven't been invented yet , then again i'm off that kind of thing now . I think they might have a decent season . Anyway , long time no see how you doing ?
In decent nick thanks Daz. It has been a while now hasn't it, though I only got up three or four times last season what with being a bit busy at Bramall Lane. I'll make sure I let you know when I'm up next and see if we can have a beer. I'll bring pies, real not virtual and test your resolve :giggley::giggley::giggley:, sure Two Headed Boy will have them if you don't.

In decent nick thanks Daz. It has been a while now hasn't it, though I only got up three or four times last season what with being a bit busy at Bramall Lane. I'll make sure I let you know when I'm up next and see if we can have a beer. I'll bring pies, real not virtual and test your resolve :giggley::giggley::giggley:, sure Two Headed Boy will have them if you don't.

well if its a special occasion lol , let me know and we'll catch up

This thread has been viewed 1543 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back