• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs statement - Fair Play to Hibs

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

CLUB STATEMENT | 2019-20 SEASON

The decision to end this season, 2019-20, based on points per game has seen Hibernian finish the league in seventh position, dropping one place through the method chosen to reflect the sporting performance of each team over the 30 matches completed.

At this time of coronavirus-driven crisis, it brings some certainty and clarity to an otherwise extraordinary situation.

Since football was shut down by Government and our sport’s governing bodies in mid-March, Hibernian fans have been magnificent in the support they have shown. Our fans continue to amaze and humble us.

The season ending prematurely means supporters have seen four home matches fewer than they should have. Some fans have generously indicated they would not be seeking a refund, recognising that financing refunds when your club has had no income for several months will compound the scale of the economic pressure we face.

We want to be honest – if you are able to take this course then please do. We will make it up to you, and we are looking at creating unique experiences of real value to fans – such as invitations to attend a special series of open training sessions with Jack and the first team. For all who can and do take this course, our gratitude and sincere thanks are due yet again.

However, we also know some people face real challenges. The club will deal fairly with all supporters. Those fans wishing to have the unused portion of their ticket refunded should email us at tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk with their season ticket client reference number(s) before 5pm on May 29.

Supporters who email us by this deadline will be refunded for the four games lost against the value they paid for their season ticket. Supporters who purchased last year via credit or debit card, will be refunded directly on to their card. Those who purchased by other means, or if your card is no longer valid, will need to be refunded manually. We ask for your patience. Please make sure your contact information is fully up to date on your account.

The form next season can take will not be clear for some weeks yet. We do not know when we will be able to play matches or when we can open our doors to supporters, but we do know football will return. Because of the uncertainty we took the decision to extend our 2020-21 Season Ticket Early Bird deadline by a month until Thursday, June 4 at 5pm – which will coincide with the seat release date. The club will continue to monitor and keep the situation under review.

The finance option will continue to be available to supporters, over a ten-month instalment plan with the club meeting the interest costs.

To every member of the Hibernian family, we say 'thank you' again. Be safe, please follow the advice to keep yourselves and your families healthy until we can all enjoy meeting at Easter Road again.

Continue reading...

I cannae imagine too many Hibs fans asking for the four games money back?

We'll played Hibs. Hope football pulls through. GGTTH

✅ Season curtailed
✳️ Agreement with bigger picture despite dropping one place
✅ Club offer season ticket solutions
✳️ Best way forward for future
✅ Commitment to review supporter options
✳️ Continue to make our city and fans proud
✅ Edinburgh’s Premier club

Great communication, looking forward to further credit options. Shout if I can help in any way.

Continue staying safe Bounce ?

Me neither.
I don’t blame anyone who may be totally strapped for cash, but most will see the money as ‘already spent’ I reckon.

Quite funny to contrast the dignity in statements coming from Hibs to the desperation and threats in the crayoned versions from the Huns and the Gunts.

I agree and I certainly winnae but making the offer is the right thing tae dae so fair play tae them.

Well played the Cabbage :50::54:

That was a huge decision to offer refunds which Hibs didn't need to do.

It could easily have been bottled by hiding behind 'tough times", "unforseen exceptional circumstances" or "All in this together" all guaranteed to gie you the dry boak.

It wasn't bottled in any way though and Big Ron stood up and he can keep my money with real pleasure.✔?

Last edited:
I'm very lucky still to be working so Hibs can keep my cash

As for renewing I am biding my time as listening to McCormack today there's a good chance we won't be back until 2021

I will happily donate cash to Hibs though if they need it

A clear, concise and dignified statement there from HFC.

Definitely Edinburgh's Premier Club ?

I've decided I'm unlikely to renew for next season, there's just too many uncertainties. I normally miss quite a few games during the season anyway because Mrs Jackie drags me away on holidays/travelling. If we're able to go back to football I suspect I'll be away on holiday!

Hibs can have this seasons leftovers, I couldn't bring myself to ask for it.

However. If a way for Hibs to offset the refund against the cost of next seasons ticket I'd probably say 'awe fuckit' just buy anyway. @Power did Hibs consider offering this?

However. If a way for Hibs to offset the refund against the cost of next seasons ticket I'd probably say 'awe fuckit' just buy anyway. @Power did Hibs consider offering this?

Way too many complications when 7000 plus have already renewed. Do they have to offer them the same and potentially take a hit for hundreds of thousands? Negating the effect of what they would make from the new uptake surely.

Get away on holiday Jacko FFS ?

The way Hibs have behaved throughout this has been excellent, really think Big Ron will move us forward.

Way too many complications when 7000 plus have already renewed. Do they have to offer them the same and potentially take a hit for hundreds of thousands? Negating the effect of what they would make from the new uptake surely.

Get away on holiday Jacko FFS ?
I see what you're saying but the 7,000 have already paid and would just apply as mentioned above. I appreciate the complications for the 5,000 that haven't renewed yet although like me that might just be enough to tip the balance.

I'll still be going on holiday ... and missing games! :wolfie::cryingg:

I've decided I'm unlikely to renew for next season, there's just too many uncertainties. I normally miss quite a few games during the season anyway because Mrs Jackie drags me away on holidays/travelling. If we're able to go back to football I suspect I'll be away on holiday!

Is that no just the same as taking the refund and buying a season ticket but with more complicated admin for Hibs?

Good question Jack. Club are quite open on this subject (great) and will deal with each request as it comes (appreciating no situation is the same and there might be different solutions) - very similar to taking the refund and putting that money towards anything you wish, including a renewal - email tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

I see what you're saying but the 7,000 have already paid and would just apply as mentioned above. I appreciate the complications for the 5,000 that haven't renewed yet although like me that might just be enough to tip the balance.

I'll still be going on holiday ... and missing games! :wolfie::cryingg:

You’re a top shagger Jack so will always have my utmost respect.

Is that no just the same as taking the refund and buying a season ticket but with more complicated admin for Hibs?

Good question Jack. Club are quite open on this subject (great) and will deal with each request as it comes (appreciating no situation is the same and there might be different solutions) - very similar to taking the refund and putting that money towards anything you wish, including a renewal - email tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk

Yes it is but for me there's a wee bit of a subtle difference. Hard to explain. In among what I said above I couldn't bring myself to ask for a refund but would be sorely tempted for next season if Hibs said 'have your season ticket for £××× (full renewal cost less whatever the refund would be).

If the refund is £80 Hibs are £80 up as it stands.

If Hibs make the offer they're £400+ up or whatever its is. They also don't have to tempt me back as a lapsed season ticket holder the following season.

This thread has been viewed 1778 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50