• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs pre season games in Marbella, summer 2023

Not at the moment other than we will be heading there on those dates above. We may be involved in the league cup group stages, first game is 15/16 July.
Do you think we will play games?

Do you think we will play games?
Aye. Dates of 8th and 13th at Marbella Football Centre still pencilled in.

Once I know more from Football Operations, I’ll share ✅

We might have a League Cup tie on the 15th. Would it not be better playing on the 12th. Fly home 13th. Rest up 14th. Game LC 15th.

Thanks Hibs for taking so long to sort this out. Hayleys first birthday as a mum on 15th and mine on 16th so due to plans / unknown plans.......thats me fucked.....

We might have a League Cup tie on the 15th. Would it not be better playing on the 12th. Fly home 13th. Rest up 14th. Game LC 15th.
If Hibs can square away St Mirren at the weekend that will all but put the League Cup group stage to bed.

Thanks Hibs for taking so long to sort this out. Hayleys first birthday as a mum on 15th and mine on 16th so due to plans / unknown plans.....thats me fucked.....
I'm the 14th, I was a wee Bastille according tae my wee Ma.

I'm the 14th, I was a wee Bastille according tae my wee Ma.
Did she let you eat cake though?

Or a vruit bastille? 🤭

Did she let you eat cake though?

Or a vruit bastille? 🤭
Always cake, apart fae current buns obvs, my hoose was known as the Gateaux Chateau.

Always cake, apart fae current buns obvs, my hoose was known as the Gateaux Chateau.
Well if there was no bread it couldn’t be the Hovis Hovel.

Well if there was no bread it couldn’t be the Hovis Hovel.
Lived in the middle flat in a stair for a while, called that the Milanda Veranda.

Will do, nae sharing beds though.😄

Flight prices are mental
You mind me asking what you having to pay for return edin to Malaga ?
For eg - madrid - edin only serviced daily by Easy J and every flight full can pay over £400 return with case in hold
Crazy prices for a pretty run of the mill airline

You mind me asking what you having to pay for return edin to Malaga ?
For eg - madrid - edin only serviced daily by Easy J and every flight full can pay over £400 return with case in hold
Crazy prices for a pretty run of the mill airline

£300 return and more, even from Prestwick. That is no case in the hold!

My wife going later this month for £131 return. Prices in July are crazy. My flight on 7th is £318 return

£300 return and more, even from Prestwick. That is no case in the hold!
Noticed that’s a thing now when booking holidays tae. Pay a grand or so for a holiday and think your getting a good deal and then they add the cases, booked seats, and in some cases the transfers to and from the airport.

Never pay for seats as just pick random seats and just take hand luggage

Gutted! Myself & the family fly back from Malaga on the 6th aswell. Would’ve loved a day out to watch the lads with them…

My wife going later this month for £131 return. Prices in July are crazy. My flight on 7th is £318 return
I have this week booked a madrid - edin return for end July £450 per person with EJ and case in the hold - wish some other airlines would get on the route maybe competition would bring the prices down a little ( before the pandemic circa £200 return )

Thank god Hibs didn’t go pre season in USA
🤣
Was trying to do the opposite and come from the USA later this year. Tickets are about $2,000 a piece right now! Was going to be I, my wife and daughter and can't justify spending nearly $6,000 to just get there. Makes we worried these prices might never come down.

Prices fluctuate.
I usually get something for about 8 or 9 hundred into Edinburgh from ATL
Usually connect thru NYC.
Although Delta are now flying direct from Atlanta to Edinburgh.
Haven’t checked that price yet

Last year we flew EJ from Edin to Gib return for £110 each as it’s only 20 mins by bus to our place. Flights not available this year and Malaga prices in July are much dearer. Have written (by letter) to EJ CO to see if they had any plans to resume this service. I await his reply.

Last year we flew EJ from Edin to Gib return for £110 each as it’s only 20 mins by bus to our place. Flights not available this year and Malaga prices in July are much dearer. Have written (by letter) to EJ CO to see if they had any plans to resume this service. I await his reply.
I'll be payin aboot the same for my post-covid return to auld reekie, also EJ. Nae suitcases either. Fükkers just told me my flight would now be morning rather than evening so maybe cutting back on Amst-Edi services?

Dreadin Schiphol already and it's still months away...😵‍💫

The airlines took massive hits during covid, actually surprised easyjet and Ryanair both survived. They’ll never be able to recoup the money lost, but they’ll do their best. Don’t expect high season flights to get cheaper anytime in the next decade

The airlines took massive hits during covid, actually surprised easyjet and Ryanair both survived. They’ll never be able to recoup the money lost, but they’ll do their best. Don’t expect high season flights to get cheaper anytime in the next decade
Fair comment they took a sore one and just surviving is / was remarkable
The demand is clearly there as every flight madrid - edin is rammed

Fair comment they took a sore one and just surviving is / was remarkable
The demand is clearly there as every flight madrid - edin is rammed
Demand is decent, but not everyone on any flight is paying 40/50/60 quid. On every flight there’s folk paying 250/300, otherwise no plane would fly. It’s like long haul flights. The folk in economy aren’t really contributing much, it’s the folk upfront forking out 7/8/9/10K that make the routes viable

Demand is decent, but not everyone on any flight is paying 40/50/60 quid. On every flight there’s folk paying 250/300, otherwise no plane would fly. It’s like long haul flights. The folk in economy aren’t really contributing much, it’s the folk upfront forking out 7/8/9/10K that make the routes viable
Not forgetting freight.

Not
Sure how many of any at all
Are paying £100 ( certainly not one way madrid to
edin ) even booking a year in advance
The airlines know the demand is there so I doubt they ever start off even a few seats at £50
- they don’t on the route I need

I keep on seeing Knock for £19 return. Is there anything there? 😆

Aye. Dates of 8th and 13th at Marbella Football Centre still pencilled in.

Once I know more from Football Operations, I’ll share ✅
Details released here for Marbella first team training camp between 6th and 14th July - Hibs Head To Marbella For Pre-Season Training Camp

Hibs vs Europa FC
Saturday 8 July, 6pm kick-off
Location TBC

Open Training Session
Tuesday 11 July, Time: Morning (TBC)
Atalaya Park Football Center

Hibs vs AFC Bournemouth
Thursday 13 July, 6pm kick-off
Marbella Football Center

Details released here for Marbella first team training camp between 6th and 14th July - Hibs Head To Marbella For Pre-Season Training Camp

Hibs vs Europa FC
Saturday 8 July, 6pm kick-off
Location TBC

Open Training Session
Tuesday 11 July, Time: Morning (TBC)
Atalaya Park Football Center

Hibs vs AFC Bournemouth
Thursday 13 July, 6pm kick-off
Marbella Football Center
9C29E1C7-A31B-46C5-B8B3-42FF2A9114F6.jpeg

La Cala Golf is up in the mountains, behind Calahonda, anyone going note its a fair trek. Some pre match information on exact location would be handy here @Power.

La Cala Golf is up in the mountains, behind Calahonda, anyone going note its a fair trek. Some pre match information on exact location would be handy here @Power.
Didn’t realise it was a golf match.
Fuckin easy life of a footballer.

That is Shrink and I booked up, let carnage commence. Looks like a small, well kent and merry band of Hibs daft Dafties will be over for the trip.

Hi!

I'm a Norwegian guy (Fredrik) that is considering going to the Europa v Hibs-game at La Cala in July.
Going to be in Fuengirola for vacation anyway, so will try to catch a couple of games (as of right now, it seems it will be Hearts v Plymouth Argyle in Marbella on the 6th and Europa v Hibs on the 8th in La Cala de Mijas).

Seems there's no real option in terms of public transport to where the game is going to be played, unless someone here knows of a bus or something. Then I would really like to know. Otherwise I am considering taxi from Fuengirola. If any Hibs-fans are in Fuengirola and going to the match, I'd be open to share a cab.

Also, does anyone know if there's any chance of buying a Hibs-scarf at the game, from the club? I doubt it, but only asking as I collect football scarfs.

Reactions: Zab
Hi!

I'm a Norwegian guy (Fredrik) that is considering going to the Europa v Hibs-game at La Cala in July.
Going to be in Fuengirola for vacation anyway, so will try to catch a couple of games (as of right now, it seems it will be Hearts v Plymouth Argyle in Marbella on the 6th and Europa v Hibs on the 8th in La Cala de Mijas).

Seems there's no real option in terms of public transport to where the game is going to be played, unless someone here knows of a bus or something. Then I would really like to know. Otherwise I am considering taxi from Fuengirola. If any Hibs-fans are in Fuengirola and going to the match, I'd be open to share a cab.

Also, does anyone know if there's any chance of buying a Hibs-scarf at the game, from the club? I doubt it, but only asking as I collect football scarfs.

Hi Fredrik, no public transport as far as we have found out. There are a few Hibs fans staying in Fuengirola and Torremolinos, maybe you can taxi share back? A few of us are staying just past Marbella and will be driving up.

Happy to bring you a scarf over, @Power will the club be taking any merch over to sell?

I wouldn't spoil your holiday by going along to see Hearts, they are dogshite.

Last edited:
Hi Fredrik, no public transport as far as we have found out. There are a few Hibs fans staying in Fuengirola and Torremolinos, maybe you can taxi share back? A few of us are staying just past Marbella and will be driving up.

Happy to bring you a scarf over, @Power will the club be taking any merch over to sell?

I wouldn't spoil your holiday by going along to see Hearts, they are dogshite.
No merchandise being taken out by the club - Just the first team squad and football operations heading out.

No merchandise being taken out by the club - Just the first team squad and football operations heading out.
Disappointing.

Can you ask Paul if I wear my Paul Hanlon t shirt will he wear his Dr Shrink basque? And yes, 1875 will be taking pics.

Oh aye, and will you be in Lycra?
Asking for a friend.

Disappointing.

Can you ask Paul if I wear my Paul Hanlon t shirt will he wear his Dr Shrink basque? And yes, 1875 will be taking pics.

Oh aye, and will you be in Lycra?
Asking for a friend.

Is Lycra the resort next to us?

Is Lycra the resort next to us?
If Lycra is next to you, I’m not anywhere near.

Bit of momentum going now, finally found Spanish Hibs doon the back of the gutter (first pint on him), Shrink and masel all sorted with flights, car and digs. The welcome return of our pal SK11 and sons, and a fair few last minute Reilly's who are now heading over.

I will be doing a Just Back for the two matches and the open training session, but based on previous Hibernian adventures abroad, I expect those to follow the next day, what with a pint being £2 there and nice Rioja costing a fiver in Mercadona.

Infinity and beyond!

Anyone staying in malaga for duration of pre-season ?

This thread has been viewed 26767 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50