• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibs Player of the year 2019/20

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Now that the season has been officially ended, and unfortunately we have dropped a place to 7th....who would you nominate as being our POTY ? To be honest it was a mediocre season in many respects. Yet another change of manager was required half way through the season which was not ideal but was necessary. Jack Ross achieved what he had to achieve and got us out of the relegation zone. He certainly improved us as the season went on, and the January window was a good one. We flopped too often in big matches though for my liking, and our derby performance in that last derby at Easter Road was as bad as any I have seen for a very long time. Anyway, your Player of the year;
My choice is Christian Doidge. From a poor start where he (along with a few others) took a long time to acclimatise to scottish football, he went on to prove himself one of the best strikers in the country. 15 goals including two hat-tricks was a very good haul given the start he had. He led the line very well, held the ball up well, linked well with others, and provided a threat in the air. Qualities we have not seen from a Hibs front man for years. We would have been down fighting the drop were it not for his goals, so I would like to nominate the big man for POTY. Hopefully he progresses next season, that's if there is a next season.

Last edited:
Now that the season has been officially ended, and unfortunately we have dropped a place to 7th....who would you nominate as being our POTY. To be honest it was a mediocre season in many respects. Yet another change of manager was required half way through the season which was not ideal but was necessary. Jack Ross achieved what he had to achieve and got us out of the relegation zone. He certainly improved us as the season went on, and the January window was a good one. We flopped too often in big matches though for my liking, and our derby performance in that last derby at Easter Road was as bad as any I have seen for a very long time. Anyway, your Player of the year;
My choice is Christian Doidge. From a poor start where he (along with a few others) took a long time to acclimatise to scottish football, he went on to prove himself one of the best strikers in the country. 15 goals including two hat-tricks was a very good haul given the start he had. He led the line very well, held the ball up well, linked well with others, and provided a threat in the air. Qualities we have not seen from a Hibs front man for years. We would have been down fighting the drop were it not for his goals, so I would like to nominate the big man for POTY. Hopefully he progresses next season, that's if there is a next season.

Thought it was a very poor season. Thankful that we crept up the league. I guess Doidge for his goal haul. Some very poor performance, especially against the worst team in the league.

The only real contenders have to be Allan, Boyle & Doidge.

Poor season

Ultimately it's a bottom 6 finish

4th, 5th, 7th

As for player of the year I'm struggling. Boyle ?

Can't see past Doidge, almost twice as many goals as anyone else in all competitions. Given (eventually) another full season I predict he'll bag 20+ in the league alone

Boyler for me.

Jonathan Obika for me.

Squirrel.

Dempster for me in playing a massive part in sending the gunts to where they belong ?????

Doidge is s goalscorer and cannot argue with his goals for column. But for me he is never a footballer.

Don’t get me wrong, I am delighted for his goals and would not question his work ethic or attitude, but not a player of the season.

would have to plump for Boyle as well

Christian Doidge for his individual contribution but also acknowledging his commitment to the team overall, a fantastic team player.

His headed goal against St. Mirren whilst on the backward stretch is one of the best headed goals you’ll see at Easter Road.

I hope he uses it as a platform to build on - and if next season allows - it’s a big one for him next year (domestically and internationally).

Doidge

Boyler for me.
and me, there was a buzz every time he got the ball, sometimes it worked sometimes it didnae but he gets you oot yer seat, if indeed you spend any time in it :grinning-smiley-045: wins just for his goals at tincastle

Last edited:
Doidge for his goals, but Boyler for repaying my long held faith that he’d be a magnificent player for the Cabbage.

Ballon Doidge for me. Start of his Hibs career, well it just wiznae hapnin wiz it? - Then he got the break he craved in Perth and initially kicked on from there. So he’s my choice.

Squirrel was a close 2nd. His impact upon return from injury helped us big time too, so a worthy mention for him.

Attachments

• 808F1CAF-86AA-4958-8A06-40432CC1C581.jpeg
    808F1CAF-86AA-4958-8A06-40432CC1C581.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 14
Doidge for me.

After all the pelters he got at the start of the season, he turned it around. Nice to see a player do that for us, I cant remember the last time that happened

Boyle.

The turnaround Doidge made was extraordinary and I'd like to see a Doidge/Gullan partnership blossom next season. However...

The Squirrel has been immense. In a forgettable season he has shone. When we've been good he has been great, when we have been bad it's been due to people not playing up to his level. Easily our best player.

Martin Boyle certainly gets your bum off the seat when he's in full flow. Wouldn't be unhappy to see the most improved player at easter road get player of the year. Love wingers. Its pace like his that gives defenders nightmares. Hope he stays for a bit longer at Hibs.

Boyle for me. With Doidge just behind him by the thickness of a blue rizla paper.

Like a lot here, Boyle for skills followed by Doidge in second spot for goals - I dont think Ive seen anyones season turn like his did, total crap at the start, then great commitment and goal tally afterwards - coinciding with the manager change and thus change of tactics if my memory isnt failing (short term memory is shit so I could be out with this!)

Like a lot here, Boyle for skills followed by Doidge in second spot for goals - I dont think Ive seen anyones season turn like his did, total crap at the start, then great commitment and goal tally afterwards - coinciding with the manager change and thus change of tactics if my memory isnt failing (short term memory is shit so I could be out with this!)

He scored a hat trick the very next game after Hecky got the boot.

He scored a hat trick the very next game after Hecky got the boot.
Cheers - thought it was immediate!

Kamb..Boyle.

Of the three I said would be contenders, I’ve decided to go for Doidge. Genuinely can’t remember a player turn it around quite the way he did - big transfer fee (by our standards) paid and he looked a dud.... then it clicked, and it really clicked. He’s a real threat, scores the scrappy goals we never do, and can really head a baw. Link up play and movement keeps getting better.

Allan is second - while he can blow hot and cold, his contribution of goals and assists is outstanding.

Boyle is third - only because he missed a large part of the season. He’s the best player at the club, other teams fear him.

Doidge for me.

I would have to give it to Christian Doidge fantastic turnaround of a season for him but overall poor season for us

As others have said an utterly crap season. Hibs finances are by far on a different level, ahead of three teams above us. That is brutal. A striker who scores goals in an underperforming team is the obvious choice. I however do not think that anyone under the circumstances deserves this accolade.

BIG G

Doidge for me. Even though Martin scored a couple at tynie I though Doidge was immense that day. Being Welsh ??????? also helps his case.

Boyle for me. There was a point in January where he’d been involved in either creating or scoring something like our previous 10 goals

David gray ..player of the year , every year . And because of the date

David gray ..player of the year , every year . And because of the date
Wonderful post. And wonderful reasoning.

Doidge by a country mile. Poor start but kept plugging away. Top guy and massive year coming up if football returns.

Boyle has missed most of the season. When he came back initially he was a breath of fresh air but had done very little in the last 5-6 games before the season came to a halt.

Scott Allan is this seasons Stevie Mallan. On stats alone you'd think he's had a blinder. His first season back after a long layoff so won't be too harsh. The season ending early not the best for him.

This thread has been viewed 2460 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50