Hibs managers who won their first derby (1 Viewer)

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Sadly, there haven't been too many of the above over the past three decades or so. However, I remember reading Simon Pia's preview article of the derby on Sunday, 22 October 2000 in the Vicky Bar in Leith. (Of course, none of us knew, while we sportingly sang, 'Kenny Miller, you're a wanker, you're a wanker', in recognition of his consolation in the dead club's 2-1 defeat in Perth, that that night we would witness an historic derby victory). Simon (who is a good guy, by the way) emphasised that our then manager (later to be excoriated for his betrayal of us and who will be eternally known as Judas Iscarrot in the annals (or anus?) of Hibby history) was the first Hibs boss to win their first derby since Eddie Turnbull. And since Judas Iscarrot, only three Hibs managers have managed First Blood in these fixtures:
- The Messiah: John Collins won his first derby: a CIS Cup tie at Easter Road on Wednesday, 8 November 2006, with Rob Jones grabbing the game's only goal;
- The Shyster: Terry Bawbag won his first derby: a New Year one, too; 2-1 at Easter Road on Thursday, 2 January 2014, with goals from James Collins and Liam Craig (penalty). (Incidentally, it is unknown whether James Collins celebrated this feat by getting his boaby oot and pishing in a pint glass at the races.); and
- The Heckster: first to do it at Swynie since ET. This bodes well. Surely?

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
You're not wrong. Lewis deserves a lot of credit for that. (And for that goal against the new huns on the Friday night a few years ago!)

Reactions: West Lothian Hibee

Power

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I reckon the win on Saturday, including the shift in attitude, tactical changes and atmosphere does bode well.

As a club it’s important we keep progressing, evolving and stay as focused as Lewis Stevenson has his whole career.

Thought this analysis article was interesting and reiterates the point -

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I reckon the win on Saturday, including the shift in attitude, tactical changes and atmosphere does bode well.

As a club it’s important we keep progressing, evolving and stay as focused as Lewis Stevenson has his whole career.

Thought this analysis article was interesting and reiterates the point -

I reckon we should get pished in Belfast again!

Reactions: Power

ZemmamasBarnet

Are those C##t's no ****ing deid yet radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
I'm so glad you're back Seven Tattoos; this bodes well for the future of the bounce!

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel