• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs greatest

newhoosehibby

Donator
Bounce Radge
17 years Edinburgh Evening News had a poll where you could vote for the greatest Hibs players.
The team voted for by the fans was
Manager Eddie Turnbull
Gk Andy Goram
RB John Brownlie
CH John Blackley
CH Franck Sauzee
LB Erich Schaedler
RM Gordon Smith
CM Pat Stanton
CM Eddie Turnbull
LM Willie Ormond
CF Joe Bake
CF Lawrie Reilly

Moving on is there anyone that you would include now? Does Lewis get in as the only player two have won both cups?
David Grey for THAT goal?
Mowbray manager?
lets debate

Jack

Bounce Radge
That's obviously in living memory, for @Sir Shrink at least!

I'm never quite convinced by these things. I'm not sure many former players would survive, or stay in the pitch, these days and vice versa.

Is there any way the ihibs database could be interrogated to identify the longest serving team i.e. the keeper that played the most matches; defenders left and right backs, centers; midfielder; forwards etc?

I appreciate there will be problems with changing formations through the ages.

See how it turns out and the club (@Power ) might be interested in having some sort of banner/display with The team in the home stands.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Willie Hamilton would have a good case for getting into that team. Before my time but Pat Stanton said he was the best player he ever played with and the great Jock Stein said he was one of the best he had ever managed.
Hugh Shaw would also be a candidate for best manager due to him winning the league several times. I'd still go for Turnbull though.

Last edited:

dibo

Bounce Radge
17 years Edinburgh Evening News had a poll where you could vote for the greatest Hibs players.
Manager Eddie Turnbull
Gk Andy Goram
RB John Brownlie
CH John Blackley
CH Franck Sauzee
LB Erich Schaedler
RM Gordon Smith
CM Pat Stanton
CM Eddie Turnbull
LM Willie Ormond
CF Joe Bake
CF Lawrie Reilly

Moving on is there anyone that you would include now? Does Lewis get in as the only player two have won both cups?
Mowbray manager?
lets debate
goram is a disgrace he should never be mentioned with the name hibernian.
We're all taigs and fenians to the fat alcoholic bastard . And dont give me the shite about only judging him on the park. Hes a huge mound of human shite

Green tinted specs

Bounce Radge
Obviously it an era orientated opinion, but former Hibs players who achieved greater accolades and achievements with other teams can’t be ignored. Des Bremner and Stevie Archibald would be included in my Hibs watching career.

Last edited:

tricky

Bounce Radge
Got the evening news poster somewhere with that team on it, jambos select on the back had folk like Walter Kidd in it

tayside hibee

Bounce Radge
We're all taigs and fenians to the fat alcoholic bastard . And dont give me the shite about only judging him on the park. Hes a huge mound of human shite
Your not a fan then

I'm met him once up the town, and he was an unpleasant character.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Bounce Radge
Barry goalie though

moathibby

Bounce Radge
Although not of my era.I have heard Tommy Younger was very good, so replace him for Goram.In fact replace Leighton for Goram.

dibo

Bounce Radge
Although not of my era.I have heard Tommy Younger was very good, so replace him for Goram.In fact replace Leighton for Goram.
ignore goram hes shite on your shoe..
And he shat on scotland too,just incase anyone forgot

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Bounce Radge
What an utterly vile and disgusting statement.

Towards human shite!that bigot is far worse than that

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Bounce Radge
whatathoughteh
in a sutcliffe was a good driver set up ??
He was a scumbag person goram.
Or maybe andy to you ?
Your analogy makes no sense.
Buffoon 🥱
Why would it be Andy to me?
Whit u SMOKIN?

southfieldhibby

Bounce Radge
Manager Eddie Turnbull
Gk Andy Goram
RB John Brownlie
CH John Blackley
CH Franck Sauzee
LB Erich Schaedler
RM Gordon Smith
CM Pat Stanton
CM Eddie Turnbull
LM Willie Ormond
CF Joe Bake
CF Lawrie Reilly

Mowbray manager?
lets debate
Can only really comment on Goram and Sauzee from that 11. Would have Leighton instead of Goram and Hanlon instead of Sauzee. Hanlon scored the most important goal in modern Hibernian history for me and has spent more than a decade playing for Hibs.
Front 6 isn’t up for debate really, even if you haven’t seen them play.

mod

Bounce Radge
Hanlon for Sauzee must be some kind of joke.Not fit to lace Sauzee’s boots.

southfieldhibby

Bounce Radge
Hanlon for Sauzee must be some kind of joke.Not fit to lace Sauzee’s boots.
No joke. The poll was greatest 11 not most technically gifted. Sauzee was really good for Hibs but paul has contributed more to the football club, don’t think that can be argued, and I think he’s a greater Hibernian than Sauzee. I’d want to include Lewis at left back but never saw shades so can’t compare.

Goram was a better goalie than Leighton, but for different reasons it’s fine to pick Jim.

dibo

Bounce Radge
Your analogy makes no sense.
Buffoon 🥱
Why would it be Andy to me
Whit u SMOKIN?
Buffoon ? .
FUCK OFF ! fuck andy goram and take a long fuck to yersel barney

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
No joke. The poll was greatest 11 not most technically gifted. Sauzee was really good for Hibs but paul has contributed more to the football club, don’t think that can be argued, and I think he’s a greater Hibernian than Sauzee. I’d want to include Lewis at left back but never saw shades so can’t compare.

Goram was a better goalie than Leighton, but for different reasons it’s fine to pick Jim.
Fair enough your opinion but in regards to watching a footballer play I'm sure most folk would say Sauzee. Personally preferred him as a midfielder, his shots weren't as good when he moved to centre half.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£15.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

HibeesBounce - 18th Party