• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibs 3 v 2 Ross Co

Ambrose needs dropped ASAP.
Don't think NL will ever drop him or SW

Don't think NL will ever drop him or SW
SW was dropped for this game though:102:

All about the result and we are through. However, let's not kid ourselves, they'll be going back up the road as a lower division club feeling they ought to have won that tie. And that's because we were poor. Play like that this coming Saturday we will get pumped. Against all of that there's positives. I can see the basis of a very good side.

SW was dropped for this game though:102:
Always gets introduced at some point though

Thought he did alright today

I think our back four (keeper and three centre halves) are all at sea. I cannot wait to see Rocky in goals, and any three from Paul, Efe, Daz and Ryan at the back.

Horgan is a player, Hyneland is a player but needs to toughen up. Mallan has been carrying our midfield so far.

I thought Sir David and Lewis, along with MOM Horgan were Hibs best players.
Did you no mean any three from Daz , , Ryan and Paul

He doesn't. He has not figured at all in one third of our 9 competitive games this season.

Did you no mean any three from Daz , , Ryan and Paul

No, Efe on his day is a great player. My favourite three is Daz, Efe and Paul with Ryan to push one of them out the way.

No, Efe on his day is a great player. My favourite three is Daz, Efe and Paul with Ryan to push one of them out the way.
Your probably right Mark "on his day "

Was the crowd announced? Cannae remember hearing it if it was.

8400 odds according to Livescore but looked nothing like that

8400 odds according to Livescore but looked nothing like that
Certainly didnae D. Read somewhere before the game only 5000 tickets sold by yesterday, 3K walkups??

I think we are seeing how vital McGinn was to holding it all together. Without someone to rely on in the middle of the park everyone is a bit unsure what to do when it isn't going our way.

Indeed so. I would include McGeouch in that too - but I think it is more down to how they ensured we kept the ball. Dylan was great in tight spaces with his close control and could always make space to find a Hibs jersey, and when John either won it or received it, he very rarely relinquished it. I lost count today of how many times we turned over the ball, or made tackles but allowed them to instantly regain it, and we seem to win zero second balls all of a sudden.

Furthermore - since when was allowing opposition players to run 30-40 yards with the ball unchallenged a thing?

That was a hell of a struggle today for Hibs with a much changed side (six changes from Thursday night) and the team had a makeshift look about it with several youngsters and new players in, so it was no surprise that there was a lack of cohesion in our play. Ross County at times played a very cynical game but to their credit they also played with purpose and power which looked like it might win the day. The game for long spells had that look of a dangerous start of season League Cup tie about it and to be honest I thought we were going to go out midway through the second half. We couldn't get to grips with their physical game and they looked more likely to score than we did. The first goal conceded our defence should have moved out and closed down Gardyne, instead they were too slow to react and his shot went through a ruck of players with Laidlaw unsighted. I need to see the penalty incident again because I didn't see anything from where I was sitting. It appeared to be a bit of a misunderstanding between Ambrose and Laidlaw, the ball then goes out to the wing and Clancy after checking with his linesman points to the spot. Great goal from Mallan again, and a superb effort from the impressive Daryl Horgan who looks like Mickey Weir with a beard. He has two great feet and can certainly cross a ball well. Hyndman I thought played well but tired as the game went on. Porteous and Horgan were probably our best players. Oli Shaw I felt sorry for. I say again we need a striker in who can play up front on his own and hold the ball up...Oli for all his qualities cannot really do that, neither can McLaren who will benefit greatly from more games and getting Kamberi eventually back beside him. Defensively we need to improve big time.. We have to hope Milligan adds some steel to the middle of the park and helps in the defensive side of the game. Too many goals being conceded I'm afraid.

Overall glad to get through. We didn't play well but this is a team in transition and it may take time to gell. I have a feeling we are going to have to be patient as we could make a slow start to the season but will pick up once players get used to Lennon's new style of play and the new players are fully up to speed. A tough quarter final draw against Aberdeen awaits but we have home advantage which is always a good thing in the cup.

Last edited:

Announced?
They could have read out the names.
Pish poor attendance, but the missing fans didn't miss much.

That was a hell of struggle today for Hibs with a much changed side (six changes from Thursday night) and the team had a makeshift look about it with several youngsters and new players in, so it was no surprise that there was a lack of cohesion in our play. Ross County at times played a very cynical game but to their credit they also played with purpose and power which looked like it might win the day. The game for long spells had that look of a dangerous start of season League Cup tie about it and to be honest I thought we were going to go out midway through the second half. We couldn't get to grips with their physical game and they looked more likely to score than we did. The first goal conceded our defence should have moved out and closed down Gardyne, instead they were too slow to react and his shot went through a ruck of players with Laidlaw unsighted. I need to see the penalty incident again because I didn't see anything from where I was sitting. It appeared to be a bit of a misunderstanding between Ambrose and Laidlaw, the ball then goes out to the wing and Clancy after checking with his linesman points to the spot. Great goal from Mallan again, and a superb effort from the impressive Daryl Horgan who looks like Mickey Weir with a beard. He has two great feet and can certainly cross a ball well. Hyndman I thought played well but tired as the game went on. Porteous and Horgan were probably our best players. Oli Shaw I felt sorry for. I say again we need a striker in who can play up front on his own and hold the ball up...Oli for all his qualities cannot really do that, neither can McLaren who will benefit greatly from more games and getting Kamberi eventually back beside him. Defensively we need to improve big time.. We have to hope Milligan adds some steel to the middle of the park and helps in the defensive side of the game. Too may goals being conceded I'm afraid.

Overall glad to get through. We didn't play well but this is a team in transition and it may take time to gell. I have a feeling we are going to have to be patient as we could make a slow start to the season but will pick up once players get used to Lennon's new style of play and the new players are fully up to speed. A tough quarter final draw against Aberdeen awaits but we have home advantage which is always a good thing in the cup.
Looking ahead , I'm fairly confident of the season ahead . Mallan , Hyndman and Horgan are looking good . Milligan could well be a great capture and we haven't even seen Agyepong yet .
Kamberi and Mclaren , when both are fully fit and up to speed will hopefully get back to last seasons team-up .
My only worry , and it is a constant , is Ambrose's decision making / defending . I'd appreciate your thoughts on my final point ?

Looking ahead , I'm fairly confident of the season ahead . Mallan , Hyndman and Horgan are looking good . Milligan could well be a great capture and we haven't even seen Agyepong yet .
Kamberi and Mclaren , when both are fully fit and up to speed will hopefully get back to last seasons team-up .
My only worry , and it is a constant , is Ambrose's decision making / defending . I'd appreciate your thoughts on my final point ?
Ambrose likes taking risks and that's not really a good trait for a central defender. He is clearly a player who is very confident in his own ability and he has qualities which really benefit the team like a good ability to read the game. He is also physically powerful and has fair bit of pace about him. I like how he never resorts to hoofing the ball up the park, but instead turns inside if there are no options ahead of him. So he has real qualities and he has racked up a lot of international caps for Nigeria and he has Champions League experience with Celtic. The down side with Efe...and the reason he is a Hibs player and not playing in one of the top leagues in England or abroad...is that he switches off too easily and he has a tendency to lose focus on the game. I think opposition teams target him because they know he is prone to this. He seems a laid back guy and his play is very laid back. Lennon clearly rates him however because he has signed him for both Celtic and Hibs. To be honest the only way I think Lennon will drop him is if the mistakes just carry on, but I think he sees him as a class player who has a lot to offer the team in a positive way and generally has more good games than bad and therefore is a key member of the team. It's Lennon's call though as manager...he won't continue indefinitely giving him the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't eradicate the basic defensive mistakes we have seen recently, especially if it starts costing us games.

Last edited:
Ambrose likes taking risks and that's not really a good trait for a central defender. He is clearly a player who is very confident in his own ability and he has qualities which really benefit the team like a good ability to read the game. He is also physically powerful and has fair bit of pace about him. I like how he never resorts to hoofing the ball up the park, but instead turns inside if there are no options ahead of him. So he has real qualities and he has racked up a lot of international caps for Nigeria and he has Champions League experience with Celtic. The down side with Efe...and the reason he is a Hibs player and not playing in one of the top leagues in England or abroad...is that stitches off too easily and he has a tendency to lose focus on the game. I think opposition teams target him because they know he is prone to this. He seems a laid back guy and his play is very laid back. Lennon clearly rates him however because he has signed him for both Celtic and Hibs. To be honest the only way I think Lennon will drop him is if the mistakes just carry on, but I think he sees him as a class player who has a lot to offer the team in a positive way and generally has more good games than bad and therefore is a key member of the team. It's Lennon's call though as manager...he won't continue indefinitely giving him the benefit of the doubt if he doesn't eradicate the basic defensive mistakes we have seen recently, especially if it starts costing us games.
Agreed GM , listening to his post match interview regarding Efe , NL doesn't sound like he'll put up with his mistakes indefinitely . Can only hope it gets sorted one way or another , apart from that I can see us doing ok once the new guys settle in .

With the benefit of the Hibs tv highlights, just realised how good our goals were, especially Stevie Mallan's, who beat a decent keeper from some distance and Horgan's whose effort beat the keeper plus half the County team back defending!

This thread has been viewed 12822 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back