• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 2 v 2 St Johnstone

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Too early?Clock says 2 days and 20 hours to go.That's close enough.Ok I don't know who'se passed as fit and I don't know who'se suspended.But I'll pick a team from the knowledge I know.Ok Marciano's got to be in goal.Maxwell had me a bag of nerves and he was partly responsible for the 3 goals that went past him.If Greys fit then Grey, if not who knows?If Stevenson's fit then Stevenson.Between them I think I'd put in Jackson and Hanlon and pray he's on form.Then in the midfield I'd have Mallan,if he's crocked it's got to be Vela.In front of him I'd put Horgan on the right,I'd put Allan in the middle and to the left of him Middleton.Then up front Kamberi definitely and again I'd pray that Doidge has found where the goal is.

Marciano

Whittaker
Jackson
Hanlon
Stevenson

Horgan
Mallan
Vella
Middleton

Allan

Kamberi

Subs
Maxwell
Porteous
Gray
Slivka
Murray
Newell
Doidge

Marciano
Whittaker Jackson Hanlon Lewy
Mallan Vela
Middleton Allan Horgan
Kamberi

I didn't enjoy typing that, I hate one up top, but I think its the best we can do. The defense really need bodies in front of them.

I still think we're desperately short of a defensive midfielder. Someone who's mobile, aggressive in the tackle and capable of passing upfield to his more attack minded teammates.......

I am the only one who thinks Porto could be coached into this role?

I still think we're desperately short of a defensive midfielder. Someone who's mobile, aggressive in the tackle and capable of passing upfield to his more attack minded teammates.....

I am the only one who thinks Porto could be coached into this role?

He's too good at CB to start messing around with his development. We need to buy this type of player.

He's too good at CB to start messing around with his development. We need to buy this type of player.
Fair enough. Opinions an all that...
But being moved from his original midfield position, out of necessity, to play as left back hasn't seemed to hinder Lewis Stevenson's development.
As I said, it was just a thought ?

I liked Ben Stirling and Josh Campbell in the friendly games.

Alas, I wasn't at those games so I can neither agree or disagree on the merits of either player.

But I think we can all agree the middle of the park is an area where we need to toughen up.

Alas, I wasn't at those games so I can neither agree or disagree on the merits of either player.

But I think we can all agree the middle of the park is an area where we need to toughen up.

Yup, time to see who is out there.

Marciano
Whittaker Porto Hanlon Lewis
Mallan Vela
Middleton Allan Horgan
Kamberi

I popped along to the Development game v Tranent Juniors and Porteous didn't play when it would be an ideal opportunity to get some game time so I read into that they were not taking any chances.

He did play a full game v Elgin though so unless he has picked up another injury then this might be his comeback game v St Johnstone.

Hibs do have some potential in the Development squad alongside the many who just make up the numbers.

Its all very harum scarum though with a real lack of composure and the final ball so often lacks quality. Feel as if there is a tension in the team and everyone is trying to hard to impress and don't want to make a mistake..

Marciano
Whittaker Porto Hanlon Lewis
Mallan Vela
Middleton Allan Horgan
Kamberi

I popped along to the Development game v Tranent Juniors and Porteous didn't play when it would be an ideal opportunity to get some game time so I read into that they were not taking any chances.

He did play a full game v Elgin though so unless he has picked up another injury then this might be his comeback game v St Johnstone.

Hibs do have some potential in the Development squad alongside the many who just make up the numbers.

Its all very harum scarum though with a real lack of composure and the final ball so often lacks quality. Feel as if there is a tension in the team and everyone is trying to hard to impress and don't want to make a mistake..
Wasn't at that game, but I do think Gullan and Stirling have a very good chance of making the breakthrough to the first team squad very soon.

Last edited:
Wasn't at hat game, but I do think Gullan and Stirling have a very good chance of making the breakthrough to the first team squad very soon.

Ben Stirling is a player I also really like in particular but I have been saying that for 18 months now and he still seems just a little bit short. Maybe its concentration or sometimes just a bit slow.

It could definitely come though as he has all the physical attributes and positional sense to make a top quality midfield player.

Real strength and power and keeps his head high always looking for the killer pass.

Gullan took his goals well but looked more of a attacking midfield player but went up front as our options up top are non existent with Shaw now gone from that age group.

Marciano
Whittaker Porteous Jackson Stevenson
Horgan Vela Allan Middleton
Kamberi Doidge

Subs: Maxwell, Gray, Hanlon, Slivka, Mallan, Murray, Shaw

Marciano
Whittaker Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Horgan Mallan Vela Middleton
Allan
Kamberi

Subs: Maxwell, Mackie, Porteous, Slivka, Doidge, Murray, Shaw

Not my team but the one I expect Hecky will put out.

Marciano
Kamberi Doidge

pretty close to what I would have.

I want Kamberi/Doidge up front to be given a run at least v 'lesser' clubs.

Trouble is I don't want to drop Mallan... so your compromise is as good as any. Also agree (reluctantly) with benching Hanlon.

Marciano
Whittaker Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
Horgan Mallan Vela Middleton
Allan
Kamberi

Subs: Maxwell, Mackie, Porteous, Slivka, Doidge, Murray, Shaw

Not my team but the one I expect Hecky will put out.
Is Gray out injured

Is Gray out injured

He went off injured last Saturday, i am assuming he has not recovered. If he has, he is a first pick fo rme.

He went off injured last Saturday, i am assuming he has not recovered. If he has, he is a first pick fo rme.
Ok, thought I’d missed an update from Hibs

Marciano, Sneddon, Stevenson, Porteous, Hanlon, Vela, Horgan, Mallan, Kamberi, Allan, Middleton.

Rocky

Gray Jackson Porteous Stevenson

Stirling Vela

Allan

Middleton Horgan

Kamberi

Stirling merits a chance and has the physical presence to deal with St J's huddies.

pretty close to what I would have.

I want Kamberi/Doidge up front to be given a run at least v 'lesser' clubs.

Trouble is I don't want to drop Mallan... so your compromise is as good as any. Also agree (reluctantly) with benching Hanlon.

I also don’t like leaving Mallan out, but trying to find a compromise in midfield makes him the odd man out for this game.

I think Doidge & Kamberi can do some damage as a partnership, especially if they decent supply from wingers & Allan.

Only reason I’d leave him out is to fully recover, but his leadership has been missed.

Marciano, Sneddon, Stevenson, Porteous, Hanlon, Vela, Horgan, Mallan, Kamberi, Allan, Middleton.

:sm113:

Alan? :lookaround:

Sneddon? As in Alan Sneddon, he is 61.

Really? When did that happen? Couldn't understand why he wasn't getting a game. That explains it.

In valuable experience. Could help the team
through A sticky patch.

Always kept himself super fit

Marciano
Kamberi Doidge

That for me tae but agree with HS about finding a place for Mallan being difficult.

Probably Mallan instead of Doidge and going 4-2-3-1.

Nonetheless, 4-1 Hibs.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

That for me tae but agree with HS about finding a place for Mallan being difficult.

Probably Mallan instead of Doidge and going 4-2-3-1.

Nonetheless, 4-1 Hibs.

I think that is probably what we’ll see on Saturday. I like Mallan, but would have liked to have seen us go two up front.

I also don’t like leaving Mallan out, but trying to find a compromise in midfield makes him the odd man out for this game.

I think Doidge & Kamberi can do some damage as a partnership, especially if they decent supply from wingers & Allan.

Don't think we'll see Kamberi and Doidge starting many games together (unless Kamberi is played out wide). Hecky prefers to play the modern game with one striker, two wide guys, 3 midfielders. Its the preferred set up for loads of teams now. 2 out and out strikers up front is becoming a bit of a rarity these days, except when subs come on trying to claw back something when behind.

Sneddon?

Need nothing less than all 3 points from this, to help steady the ship

Don't think we'll see Kamberi and Doidge starting many games together (unless Kamberi is played out wide). Hecky prefers to play the modern game with one striker, two wide guys, 3 midfielders. Its the preferred set up for loads of teams now. 2 out and out strikers up front is becoming a bit of a rarity these days, except when subs come on trying to claw back something when behind.

Aye this modern approach is great when you have the players to do it properly, and the team actually presses off the ball (which we don’t), but from what I’ve seen we’d be a more effective 442 team than a 4231 team. We’ve got two strikers who look better with a strike partner, neither are all that effective as a one.

Still surrendering the middle of the pitch. Why is Allan playing right midfield? He’s anonymous there. Mallan hopeless in the tackle.

Not exactly sparkling, but happy to be in front as it stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was impressed with Doidge early in the game when he done well to beat the Saints defender to set up Flo who then hit the post. Decent header from Jackson good to have a decent aerial threat from set plays

Lol, wtf was Rocky thinking there [emoji38]

Free shot from the edge of the box from the resulting free kick, why are we so ... lethargic? Careless?

EDIT: we’re also so conservative, it’s really infuriating. We’re not so much *bad*, as we are boring.

Aaaaaaaand that’ll be Sir David for another few weeks.

Well. Those subs better go well. The body of the Kirk in the East are not happy, that much is clear.

2-1

Att: 15,350

This thread has been viewed 13195 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back