• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibernian v Morton

That was pathetic. Wrong midfield for me. Why wait so so long to bring on McGeouch? Weird subs...

Its his constant petty thing with JC subbing him for mcgeouch with 5 mins to go is just pointless

On the bright side were still 10 points clear and that's another game down. Still no time to get complacent though.

Its his constant petty thing with JC subbing him for mcgeouch with 5 mins to go is just pointless

At least a foot outside the box Cammy but I doubt it would have mattered much, tonight was one of them games we could have played to next week and not scored
I hope we haven't downed tools? Apart from the first five minutes we were murder and that's me being polite

Sorry Cammy I was replying to your question about the keeper taking the baw outside the box

Just back and that was bloody awful, SJM wasn't so super today he was dreadful, links between defence midfeild (non existant at times) and attack where dodgy, and crossing a ball has never been so frustrating, the most exciting thing about the match was the end, another weak refereeing team that need another job as are never going to make it to the top.

Graham and Holt can't be here next season, please no.

Alot of changes will be needed in the summer.

Was also pointless bringing Holt out for the second half
The whole stadium could see he was blowing out his arse aw night and there was actually a slapstick moment in the game after a promising attack the baw fell into his path but slightly ahead of him and it was verging on comedy tinged with sorrow watching him try to keep the move going

One of the worst games I've seen this season. Morton showed no ambition to win the game and neither did we.

It seemed like the ref was blowing for a foul every 10 secs..he was as bad as everyone else on the pitch tonight. Rounded off by a totally random red card for McGregor.

Still another game down..sooner we're out of this division the better. Im bored to tears watching us in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dropping two points at home is pretty poor. It's not the end of the world but this happens way too often. Very disappointing.

The whole stadium could see he was blowing out his arse aw night and there was actually a slapstick moment in the game after a promising attack the baw fell into his path but slightly ahead of him and it was verging on comedy tinged with sorrow watching him try to keep the move going

He was the same last week, looking for fouls instead of tryin tae win the ball. Cummings same as last week tae. Midfield shite. Why the late subs? Pointless. Still a points a point. Mon the Cabbage

I get up, and I get knocked down again...

That was dreadful. After my somewhat optimistic take at half time it went ...nowhere. Once again never looked liked scoring after McGinn hit the post on the first minute. We limp on, and the finish line is getting closer, but boy is it painful. Our points tally over last 6, replicated over next 6, is enough to win it whatever Morton do. But while we never look like we'll score goals - even in games where we do - it's still all too close for comfort. Another massive Saturday coming up...Dunfermline is one of the last places I'd pick to go right now. I don't think we'll secure this till after the semi.

Last Saturday looks fecking huge now.

Thought that but can never be sure from the other end of the ground!! Aye he was hopeless 6foot off standing tries too jump and ends up smaller, too many games too quick for him he's done, graham should've been on from the start. Also I've not been shinnies biggest fan in the past but we missed him tonight in the midfield and it really showed. Was like we were a man down a lot of the time they always had a player free

When was the last time we won three on the trot? Or even two come to think of it?
We have been given this league due to other teams all beating eachother
Big big clear out required if or when we go up

I get up, and I get knocked down again...

That was dreadful. After my somewhat optimistic take at half time it went ...nowhere. Once again never looked liked scoring after McGinn hit the post on the first minute. We limp on, and the finish line is getting closer, but boy is it painful. Our points tally over last 6, replicated over next 6, is enough to win it whatever Morton do. But while we never look like we'll score goals - even in games where we do - it's still all too close for comfort. Another massive Saturday coming up...Dunfermline is one of the last places I'd pick to go right now. I don't think we'll secure this till after the semi.

Last Saturday looks fecking huge now.

Agree 100%....Hibs were bloody awful as was the referee. The melee at the end can be discussed on another thread, but that was as poor a performance from Hibs as I've seen for a long time. We are almost comic like in the last third and Morton's defence had as easy a 90 minutes as they will have had all season. Boyle was the only Hibs attacking player who was willing to run at defences and commit players. Next to no movement up front...and as for deliveries into the box. I also think it will be after the semi before we clinch the league. Nowhere near enough goal threat in this team.

Thought that but can never be sure from the other end of the ground!! Aye he was hopeless 6foot off standing tries too jump and ends up smaller, too many games too quick for him he's done, graham should've been on from the start. Also I've not been shinnies biggest fan in the past but we missed him tonight in the midfield and it really showed. Was like we were a man down a lot of the time they always had a player free

I said the same thing to my mate at the game that he's a passenger
I was more or less in line with the 18 yrd box cammy and he definitely picked the baw up a foot at least outside the box

Boyle might no be the brainiest but my god he tried and tried all game.

Boyle might no be the brainiest but my god he tried and tried all game.

If he could deliver a better final ball he would be a great player, had the beating of their full back all night but not 1 cross found a hibs player

- - - Updated - - -

I said the same thing to my mate at the game that he's a passenger
I was more or less in line with the 18 yrd box cammy and he definitely picked the baw up a foot at least outside the box

Pretty much sums up the night eh, pish night at the office but we never lost and games are quickly running out! Surely holt can't start on Saturday but chances are JC will be dropped before him

If he could deliver a better final ball he would be a great player, had the beating of their full back all night but not 1 cross found a hibs player

Correct. His most dangerous ball was a random 'shot' if you can call it that, which skited of a defender and nearly and rocketed through a ruck of players.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100%....Hibs were bloody awful as was the referee. The melee at the end can be discussed on another thread, but that was as poor a performance from Hibs as I've seen for a long time. We are almost comic like in the last third and Morton's defence had as easy a 90 minutes as they will have had all season. Boyle was the only Hibs attacking player who was willing to run at defences and commit defenders. Next to no movement up front...and as for deliveries into the box. I also think it will be after the semi before we clinch the league. Nowhere near enough goal threat in this team.

I reckon 7 more points will win this. Right now it feels like one win, and four draws is what will do that.

If Boyle could deliver a final ball or give more of a goal threat we wouldn't have him long....

He's not far off from being a sensational player.

Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.

Lennon should take the vallies instead of giving them to the players. That was gash. Its gonna be a stagger over the line job like a punch drunk heavyweight against nippy wee ****s boxing above their weight. Fuck the Championship. Be glad to get oot of it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If Boyle could deliver a final ball or give more of a goal threat we wouldn't have him long....

Agreed - one of the few comments M has made in his just backs, all year, tha had me scratching my head, was when he said (iirc) Boyle doesn't go past his man. Can't remember the game and maybe he failed to on that occasion, but he does so more than any of our other attacking players...and then does fecking zero.

Anyone think it's time to give Fyvie a go again. The second biggest factor in our decline, after Commons exit, in fact arguably the biggest as I think Commons compensated for it, is Fyvie's loss of form versus first half of the season. If he's bucked up his act he could be decisive now. McGinn has been underperforming far too often in the same time frame and for me was worst player on the park tonight. He needs a rest and a shot across the bows.

McGinns no been great but I hate a midfield with Bartley and fyvie in it together they fall over each other, it has to be one or the other for me

You could be right eeg, one thing that is clear is the status quo ain't working
I can't believe how we are so many points clear. For once it looks like we are getting a shit load of luck and the fitbaw gods are looking after us
Even when we went on bad runs under stubbs you always felt that we where the best side in the league
I suppose as long as we go up then none of this "turgid eye bleeding rank rotten" fitbaw will matter

I don't think McGinns been the same player since his injury, always seems a yard off, id give him a rest period and bring Fyvie in.

Id also happily accept an offer for him in the summer but that's just my opinion.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And here's Neil Lennon's take on it... <a href="https://t.co/laE05vArN9">pic.twitter.com/laE05vArN9</a></p>&mdash; Superscoreboard (@ClydeSSB) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/847202976674582528">29 March 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't think McGinns been the same player since his injury, always seems a yard off, id give him a rest period and bring Fyvie in.

He's basically just had a wee rest with the Scotland carry on but your right about his form mate and I guess being away with Scotland isn't a complete break

Id also happily accept an offer for him in the summer but that's just my opinion.

Fair comment. We should maybe bench Bartley then - away at Morton excepted - because we need to go out and win games against the smaller teams now.

- - - Updated - - -

He's basically just had a wee rest with the Scotland carry on but your right about his form mate and I guess being away with Scotland isn't a complete break

Is not just the pace, the sloppiness in his passing is maddening.

- - - Updated - - -

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And here's Neil Lennon's take on it... <a href="https://t.co/laE05vArN9">pic.twitter.com/laE05vArN9</a></p>&mdash; Superscoreboard (@ClydeSSB) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/847202976674582528">29 March 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
understand the sentiments, but should have slept on that.

He's can only look for JC anyway , Holt is as fit as me and our midfield are hanging back ready to start defending . We're so slow , sluggish and downright boring it's no real , what a waste of 22 quid that was

I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" id="undefined" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 100%; height: 100%; padding: 0px; border: none; top: 0px; bottom: 0px;"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Love how much he defends his players about time we had a manger that's no taken any shit from anyone, he will always have people here that don't want him but I'm delighted we finally have a manager that's not scared to go against the grain and criticize and speak out <iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.

Our movement up top was shocking tonight. My biggest bugbear with Hibs is our strikers refusal to peel off into the gap between the Centre Back and Full Back. Time and time again there's space to be exploited there but we never do it.

Boyle got pass marks for me tonight. Few others did.

Well said.
Squirrel put in three or four superb near post balls which our sluggish strikers failed to attack.
Absolutely nothing wrong with his final ball.
Jason was poor, and his early 'April fool' of re-soling Holts boots with Velcro backfired badly.

Another defence of Boyle...him and to a lesser extent Keatings put in deliveries from wide positions tonight. neither Holt (who was slower than coastal erosion) or Cummings made a near post run accross the keeper all night. Meanwhile McGinn and Bartley were usually to be found anticipating the counter attack on halfway. We don't half make scoring goals look like hard fucking work with supposedly decent players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Said that at the game, re low and hard balls into the box, mystified why our players never took it upon themselves to "read" this

Fair comment. We should maybe bench Bartley then - away at Morton excepted - because we need to go out and win games against the smaller teams now.

- - - Updated - - -

Is not just the pace, the sloppiness in his passing is maddening.

- - - Updated - - -

understand the sentiments, but should have slept on that.

I missed what went on but if what lennon is saying is true then I fuckn love that response reply or whatever it is
As someone else said about time we had a manager who really really stands his corner and backs the players to a hilt
Be interesting to hear what the baldy man says

Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.

Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.

The problem is he rarely has anyone to cross to. Holt and Cummings were pathetic, and more culpable than Boyle imo.

This.

Not read just back yet (just about to) but I'm interested to hear if you rated a single player further forward than the back four higher than Boyle. Sorry to say that if you have, I think you're wrong. For me, not a one from Bartley, McGinn, Keats, Cummings, or Holt was worth fuckall tonight. Every single one of them was horrible.

Yup - and that's when he wasn't having to put the kettle on waiting for them to get there.

The problem is he rarely has anyone to cross to. Holt and Cummings were pathetic, and more culpable than Boyle imo.

Graham had 25 minutes, Boyle never found him either. At least he is beating his man and cares, more than can be said for some of his team mates.

agree with this, how about one forward goes short and the other peels off? Boyle is an easy target for the moaning faced fux

This thread has been viewed 10163 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50