Hibernian v Morton

kevinc

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
agree with this, how about one forward goes short and the other peels off? Boyle is an easy target for the moaning faced fux

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm going to defend Boyle against some of the IMO unfair criticism of his final ball. It can't be easy to deliver a good final ball when there is next to no movement off the ball from any of our strikers. So many times tonight I watched Boyle skin past defenders, cut in superbly, then look for a player to pass to and they were either marked by two defenders or were standing still. What is he supposed to do ? His final ball is sometimes just a low hard cross into the box and that is often all that he can do when your strikers cannot read the move ahead and move into space. Felt sorry for Boyle tonight..he was by far our best player IMO in a sorry team performance overall.
I think that's entirely fair comment on what Boyle has to deliver to...

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I know people say we are 10 points clear and all is rosy, but that's not due to us wiping the floor with the league. Right now we are on 59 points with 18 to play for. Last season we finished 3rd with 70 points. Give or take a point it's gonna be very close to the same. I'm not going to say we've been lucky, but the only reason we are top is the fact there is not one team in the league that's a challenger. It all boils down to the lack of investment. I do believe we will go up, but the board better seriously invest in this stagnant lethargic squad.

egb_hibs

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I know people say we are 10 points clear and all is rosy, but that's not due to us wiping the floor with the league. Right now we are on 59 points with 18 to play for. Last season we finished 3rd with 70 points. Give or take a point it's gonna be very close to the same. I'm not going to say we've been lucky, but the only reason we are top is the fact there is not one team in the league that's a challenger. It all boils down to the lack of investment. I do believe we will go up, but the board better seriously invest in this stagnant lethargic squad.
You can't separate the lack of challengers point from the investment point. Our board has chosen to save for investing in a top flight squad, and have judged we have enough to get out of this division. They'll live or die on that judgement, but it's what happens - consider Celtic's investment before and after sevco returned to the top division.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Don't get all the Boyle love in either to be honest, more times he makes the wrong decision or gets past his man and can't cross the ball. Next season if we get promoted will see many changes and for one cannot wait.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Don't get all the Boyle love in either to be honest, more times he makes the wrong decision or gets past his man and can't cross the ball. Next season if we get promoted will see many changes and for one cannot wait.
How is it a love on though ? He's no world beater but always does his best . Our movement up front is embarrassing, that doesn't help a guy like Boyle

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
How is it a love on though ? He's no world beater but always does his best . Our movement up front is embarrassing, that doesn't help a guy like Boyle
I get that Daz mate, although he couldn't get a game for Dundee, missed a fair few sitters for us that would have won us games, don't get me wrong he does try but he isn't good enough, he isn't the only one either hence why major changes are required if we go up mate.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I get that Daz mate, although he couldn't get a game for Dundee, missed a fair few sitters for us that would have won us games, don't get me wrong he does try but he isn't good enough, he isn't the only one either hence why major changes are required if we go up mate.
Tell you what , i hope he starts against Aberdeen . As for missing sitters , at least he's having a go at goal and getting into positions rather than constant buck passing

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Tell you what , i hope he starts against Aberdeen . As for missing sitters , at least he's having a go at goal and getting into positions rather than constant buck passing
2 2 Dumbarton it's was much easier for him to score as the ball was past their keeper yet he somehow hits it at the keeper.

He will always be a legend for being part of the cup winning squad, but for me he is more frustrating than exciting mate.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
2 2 Dumbarton it's was much easier for him to score as the ball was past their keeper yet he somehow hits it at the keeper.

He will always be a legend for being part of the cup winning squad, but for me he is more frustrating than exciting mate.
He's basically average , the whole team are really lets be honest . The players who should do better like SJM frustrate me far more mate .
Are any of this team likely to go on the much greater things ? I honestly dont see many that much better in the SPL (Celtic apart obviously)

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
He's basically average , the whole team are really lets be honest . The players who should do better like SJM frustrate me far more mate .
Are any of this team likely to go on the much greater things ? I honestly dont see many that much better in the SPL (Celtic apart obviously)

100% mate, SJM clearly is a player that will go onto bigger things, although a lot of times he does frustrate us, add Dylan another one who is clearly a talented player, although seems to be plagued with injuries, Jase is a real talent and scores goals, although does immature things to be honest but you can't help but love the boy. Hanlon and McGregor can easily be up there with the best of them SPL esque. Decent keeper in Rocky which we haven't had for a while. But your right the rest of them I can't see going onto better things, hence why I am saying major changes needed as in Mallan, Allan, The lad at Raith on loan at Dumbarton (Defender), if the Smellies want SJM lets get Hendo, Mackay Stevens maybe even Griffiths back, Stokesy, we need players to improve us and know the Scottish game.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
100% mate, SJM clearly is a player that will go onto bigger things, although a lot of times he does frustrate us, add Dylan another one who is clearly a talented player, although seems to be plagued with injuries, Jase is a real talent and scores goals, although does immature things to be honest but you can't help but love the boy. Hanlon and McGregor can easily be up there with the best of them SPL esque. Decent keeper in Rocky which we haven't had for a while. But your right the rest of them I can't see going onto better things, hence why I am saying major changes needed as in Mallan, Allan, The lad at Raith on loan at Dumbarton (Defender), if the Smellies want SJM lets get Hendo, Mackay Stevens maybe even Griffiths back, Stokesy, we need players to improve us and know the Scottish game.
I'd say SJM = GMS if he goes to Celtic . I just don't see him being a regular there

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
McGregor can play on Saturday at East End Park as appeal being heard next week

likely to miss Morton away instead

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
McGregor can play on Saturday at East End Park as appeal being heard next week

likely to miss Morton away instead
Good.

Then win appeal righteously....then win game....then win square go.

Easy.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
You can't separate the lack of challengers point from the investment point. Our board has chosen to save for investing in a top flight squad, and have judged we have enough to get out of this division. They'll live or die on that judgement, but it's what happens - consider Celtic's investment before and after sevco returned to the top division.
I wouldn't hold my breath on the board making any big investments when we go up. The team clearly needed some freshening up and Lennon said as much. They have basically gambled the future of the club on being cheap. If Dundee Utd had struck any kind of form it would be a whole nother story. They have gambled and got lucky. That's not a gamble that should ever have been taken, especially as this is our third year in the league. Everything and anything should have been done to make sure it wasn't a gamble.

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Yep i agree Daz, on form just now would Mcginn get a game?

dmn1989

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Not going to agree about Boyle final ball, not one found a Hibs player all night. He has been beating his man last few games, he rarely did that before, but his crossing is inept, sorry I cannae join in the love in.
Spot on Mark. If he had a final ball he'd be a real thorn.

Jack

Gray Boot Sponsor
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Think SJM will definitely be Celtic bound mate.
While I probably agree but what ever happened to the we'll never sell to our rivals?

Having said that celtc seem to be in a league of their own!

Hibs v Motherwell