• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

HIBERNIAN APPOINT PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM

I still don't think its Appleton, I actually think it never was. If I am wrong, I am perfectly happy if he is the coach chosen by the club.
Hope you’re right .

I don’t.
I’m/was interested in his ability as a football coach.
The bounce most of the time is fun. But reading your contributions, I must admit make pretty dull reading. You are obviouslyinto conflict and aggression. So ... fuck off back down the slime hole you appear from and leave the comments to those that have something Interesting/amusing to say.
I thought it was an interesting aside to know about Tatt’s pay out of a million .
Didn’t think it was a big deal . Quite good to know though as it all helps to build up a profile ?

Appleton’s agent is non other that ex hibee Colin Murdock, he seems to like a good payday too.

I still don't think its Appleton, I actually think it never was. If I am wrong, I am perfectly happy if he is the coach chosen by the club.

Ditto

I’m thinking the same.

Once again the papers write a headline and it's believed without any scrutiny. As with Lennon the press are putting their spin on things and we go about our business. We will know soon enough and as long as we have got a guy who can take us forward I don't care if it's candidate a or b. Too many folk looking for an excuse to have a go at the club. Judge the apptment at the end of the season.

As I said before on here before(I think!). Any potential Hibs manager should have a win ratio of at least 45%. Maybe the exception being Stubbs although his overall record with Hibs was good. Something like 52% but in the Championship you could argue.

As I said before on here before(I think!). Any potential Hibs manager should have a win ratio of at least 45%. Maybe the exception being Stubbs although his overall record with Hibs was good. Something like 52% but in the Championship you could argue.

Just looked at Lennons win rate at bolton , 18.75% , spooky or what ?

The same media outlets who reported Appleton’s appointment as a “done deal” are now reporting the deal is in jeopardy - either they knew fuck all and are covering their arse, or they actually know what’s happening at Hibs. I tend to feel it’s the former.

I don’t.
I’m/was interested in his ability as a football coach.
The bounce most of the time is fun. But reading your contributions, I must admit make pretty dull reading. You are obviouslyinto conflict and aggression. So ... fuck off back down the slime hole you appear from and leave the comments to those that have something Interesting/amusing to say.
Ha ha you get some stoaters on here. Do these guys go to pubs and have mates..... I have my doubts

Clever sitting Highers though. Must have done some homework or was it just luck and natural ability ?
You should have seen the book we got for Biology!It was as big as the old telephone directories-you know the ones strong men used to tear in half,and you had to know everything to pass.I was forever getting my Krebs cycle mixed up with my dark and light stages of photosynthesis.

Appleton wanted a years wages if he got sacked apparently, Hibs telt him tae bolt.
Quite right if that was the case ! Can you imagine Joe Bloggs saying the same thing in an interview and being surprised he didn't get the job!:oops:

Starting to think we might get a surprise appointment out of left field now - hopefully a positive one! Mind when the gunts were expecting Nevio Scala or equivalent and ended up with Graham Rix

You should have seen the book we got for Biology!It was as big as the old telephone directories-you know the ones strong men used to tear in half,and you had to know everything to pass.I was forever getting my Krebs cycle mixed up with my dark and light stages of photosynthesi
You should have got a pass for spelling that last big word correctly!!:))

Starting to think we might get a surprise appointment out of left field now - hopefully a positive one! Mind when the gunts were expecting Nevio Scala or equivalent and ended up with Graham Rix
Least we'll no get the Scabi Lala or Brian Rix !

If Hibs are looking at 100 applicants,does anyone know for deffinate who else has been interviewed?

Just looked at Lennons win rate at bolton , 18.75% , spooky or what ?
Overall it's good though. A bit different as he is experienced in Scottish Fitba too.

You should have seen the book we got for Biology!It was as big as the old telephone directories-you know the ones strong men used to tear in half,and you had to know everything to pass.I was forever getting my Krebs cycle mixed up with my dark and light stages of photosynthesis.
Too many years have passed since I did my O levels.
The only one I failed(less than a 'C' grade) , was biology.
It simply proves what Bouncers have known for years.

I dont know my fuc*ing arse from my elbow!

If Hibs are looking at 100 applicants,does anyone know for deffinate who else has been interviewed?

Just the rumours from the press Moaty - and the ones from the weirdos that make things up.

Don't suppose it matters because apparently just when they are about to sign the deal, the contract gets whipped away and a new one with two additional clauses in red crayon in Rodney's handwriting appears.
And that's another deal scuttled.

:loopy:

I really can't be bothered reading through the last few pages of this. I'm guessing there are journos out there now saying Appleton won't now be Hibs new manager since the talks have stalled ? To be honest I have had a feeling since the week-end that he was never our first choice for the job anyway. I thought there might be a twist to all of this and it looks like this is going to be the case. I cannot believe for a minute we have got to this late stage with the guy and his agent has only now spotted something in his contract which scuppers the whole "deal". I think Hibs have played the media well here and we are going to get a manager whom nobody has mentioned for the job. Might be wrong but that's just an inkling I have had for the last few days.

The deal has stalled because it was never agreed.... Listening to the papers is nonsense. Believe it because you have to attack something.
Give it up. It'll happen.

Problem now though, those of you in the rage camp, this happening means that whoever gets the job automagically becomes second, third, etc choice... Or the cheap option etc..

Papers are creating this rhetoric. You're helping give it arms and legs...

I really can't be bothered reading through the last few pages of this. I'm guessing there are journos out there now saying Appleton won't now be Hibs new manager since the talks have stalled ? To be honest I have had a feeling since the week-end that he was never our first choice for the job anyway. I thought there might be a twist to all of this and it looks like this is going to be the case. I cannot believe for a minute we have got to this late stage with the guy and his agent has only now spotted something in his contract which scuppers the whole "deal". I think Hibs have played the media well here and we are going to get a manager whom nobody has mentioned for the job. Might be wrong but that's just an inkling I have had for the last few days.

It's just not the Hibs way for anyone to have a clue what's going on.

Appleton wanted a years wages if he got sacked apparently, Hibs telt him tae bolt.
If true quite right!!

Give it to Stubbsy till end of season! Then assess where we are with better candidates available!

Give it to Stubbsy till end of season! Then assess where we are with better candidates available!
That’s what should’ve happened last week imo. If he does well then give him the job full time.

That’s what should’ve happened last week imo. If he does well then give him the job full time.
A la Ole ?( Solskjaer)
Look what he’s done as a ‘short term’ manager.

Managing Hibs with our facilities, fans and city should be a fantastic opportunity for most managers and even more so for the ones out of work.Do a good job here and we keep you or , you get yourself a bigger move elsewhere.
If that’s not a big enough incentive, then sod off! We want someone who wants to be here for all the right reasons.
If that’s proving difficult just now, then give it to Stubbs who is happy to come back even for the short term.
Take stock at the end of the season for both parties to appraise.

A la Ole ?( Solskjaer)
Look what he’s done as a ‘short term’ manager.

Managing Hibs with our facilities, fans and city should be a fantastic opportunity for most managers and even more so for the ones out of work.Do a good job here and we keep you or , you get yourself a bigger move elsewhere.
If that’s not a big enough incentive, then sod off! We want someone who wants to be here for all the right reasons.
If that’s proving difficult just now, then give it to Stubbs who is happy to come back even for the short term.
Take stock at the end of the season for both parties to appraise.
Agreed. If the stories going around are true then we should be telling Appleton to do one. As you say we want someone who 100% wants to be here and realises what a great opportunity it is. Doing well at hibs is a guarantee of a decent gig either up here or down south, anyone quibbling about minor details in their contract probably isn’t the man for the job.
Stubbsy till the end of the season would unite the support and probably mean a full house on Saturday.

I'd go with McCoist until the end of the season. Meltdown in 3...2...1

Just do one!!:mad::LOLy::))

Dont think he's your type, but........

Why? Is he actually looking to manage again? If he was interested he wouldn't take the job short term.

Agreed. If the stories going around are true then we should be telling Appleton to do one. As you say we want someone who 100% wants to be here and realises what a great opportunity it is. Doing well at hibs is a guarantee of a decent gig either up here or down south, anyone quibbling about minor details in their contract probably isn’t the man for the job.
Stubbsy till the end of the season would unite the support and probably mean a full house on Saturday.

That’s an interesting point you make about doing well at Hibs. While I agree with it, it seems only three managers have left for “bigger” jobs in the past 20 years - McLeish to the Huns, Mowbray to West Brom & Stubbs to (errr) Rotherham. The rest have either been sacked or left by mutual consent, and not gone on to do much of note.

Why? Is he actually looking to manage again? If he was interested he wouldn't take the job short term.

I actually don't think he's a bad manager. I think he'd bring the players together and have them enjoying playing again. Think he'd be good until the end of the season and then evaluate if he's worth keeping on.

That’s an interesting point you make about doing well at Hibs. While I agree with it, it seems only three managers have left for “bigger” jobs in the past 20 years - McLeish to the Huns, Mowbray to West Brom & Stubbs to (errr) Rotherham. The rest have either been sacked or left by mutual consent, and not gone on to do much of note.
We didn’t have the stadium and facilities then. We hadn’t won the Scottish Cup and we didn’t have the level number of regular crowds we have now.

You'd go with McCoist who with a HUGE utterly ridiculous budget couldn't get the Huns promoted over a Scottish Cup Winning Hibs manager? Wow.

That’s because everyone else has failed at hibs. Collins is the only one that bucked the trend as he left on his own accord.
It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when you look at it.

Reactions: Zab
Hecky to be appointed tomorrow according to the Hibspod folk.

(Take the fuckin crayon off Rodders before he screws it up!)

We didn’t have the stadium and facilities then. We hadn’t won the Scottish Cup and we didn’t have the level number of regular crowds we have now.

Yeah but then again everyone post Collins had the training facilities, while everyone post Hughes had the stadium as well. Only Stubbs & Lennon had the benefit of the more modern football structure behind the scenes.

Hecky to be appointed tomorrow according to the Hibspod folk.

(Take the fuckin crayon off Rodders before he screws it up!)
Clearly I've a negative bias at the moment but I must say I feel no excitement whatsoever.

Clearly I've a negative bias at the moment but I must say I feel no excitement whatsoever.
Nope not impressed but at the same time I was getting bored waiting , at least we can move on .

This thread has been viewed 47311 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back