• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

HIBERNIAN APPOINT PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The deal has stalled because it was never agreed.... Listening to the papers is nonsense. Believe it because you have to attack something.
Give it up. It'll happen.

Problem now though, those of you in the rage camp, this happening means that whoever gets the job automagically becomes second, third, etc choice... Or the cheap option etc..

Papers are creating this rhetoric. You're helping give it arms and legs...

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I really can't be bothered reading through the last few pages of this. I'm guessing there are journos out there now saying Appleton won't now be Hibs new manager since the talks have stalled ? To be honest I have had a feeling since the week-end that he was never our first choice for the job anyway. I thought there might be a twist to all of this and it looks like this is going to be the case. I cannot believe for a minute we have got to this late stage with the guy and his agent has only now spotted something in his contract which scuppers the whole "deal". I think Hibs have played the media well here and we are going to get a manager whom nobody has mentioned for the job. Might be wrong but that's just an inkling I have had for the last few days.
It's just not the Hibs way for anyone to have a clue what's going on.

Leith1975

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Give it to Stubbsy till end of season! Then assess where we are with better candidates available!
That’s what should’ve happened last week imo. If he does well then give him the job full time.

numptyploom

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
That’s what should’ve happened last week imo. If he does well then give him the job full time.
A la Ole ?( Solskjaer)
Look what he’s done as a ‘short term’ manager.

Managing Hibs with our facilities, fans and city should be a fantastic opportunity for most managers and even more so for the ones out of work.Do a good job here and we keep you or , you get yourself a bigger move elsewhere.
If that’s not a big enough incentive, then sod off! We want someone who wants to be here for all the right reasons.
If that’s proving difficult just now, then give it to Stubbs who is happy to come back even for the short term.
Take stock at the end of the season for both parties to appraise.

Leith1975

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
A la Ole ?( Solskjaer)
Look what he’s done as a ‘short term’ manager.

Managing Hibs with our facilities, fans and city should be a fantastic opportunity for most managers and even more so for the ones out of work.Do a good job here and we keep you or , you get yourself a bigger move elsewhere.
If that’s not a big enough incentive, then sod off! We want someone who wants to be here for all the right reasons.
If that’s proving difficult just now, then give it to Stubbs who is happy to come back even for the short term.
Take stock at the end of the season for both parties to appraise.
Agreed. If the stories going around are true then we should be telling Appleton to do one. As you say we want someone who 100% wants to be here and realises what a great opportunity it is. Doing well at hibs is a guarantee of a decent gig either up here or down south, anyone quibbling about minor details in their contract probably isn’t the man for the job.
Stubbsy till the end of the season would unite the support and probably mean a full house on Saturday.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'd go with McCoist until the end of the season. Meltdown in 3...2...1

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Agreed. If the stories going around are true then we should be telling Appleton to do one. As you say we want someone who 100% wants to be here and realises what a great opportunity it is. Doing well at hibs is a guarantee of a decent gig either up here or down south, anyone quibbling about minor details in their contract probably isn’t the man for the job.
Stubbsy till the end of the season would unite the support and probably mean a full house on Saturday.
That’s an interesting point you make about doing well at Hibs. While I agree with it, it seems only three managers have left for “bigger” jobs in the past 20 years - McLeish to the Huns, Mowbray to West Brom & Stubbs to (errr) Rotherham. The rest have either been sacked or left by mutual consent, and not gone on to do much of note.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Why? Is he actually looking to manage again? If he was interested he wouldn't take the job short term.
I actually don't think he's a bad manager. I think he'd bring the players together and have them enjoying playing again. Think he'd be good until the end of the season and then evaluate if he's worth keeping on.

numptyploom

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
That’s an interesting point you make about doing well at Hibs. While I agree with it, it seems only three managers have left for “bigger” jobs in the past 20 years - McLeish to the Huns, Mowbray to West Brom & Stubbs to (errr) Rotherham. The rest have either been sacked or left by mutual consent, and not gone on to do much of note.
We didn’t have the stadium and facilities then. We hadn’t won the Scottish Cup and we didn’t have the level number of regular crowds we have now.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'd go with McCoist until the end of the season. Meltdown in 3...2...1
You'd go with McCoist who with a HUGE utterly ridiculous budget couldn't get the Huns promoted over a Scottish Cup Winning Hibs manager? Wow.

Leith1975

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
That’s because everyone else has failed at hibs. Collins is the only one that bucked the trend as he left on his own accord.
It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when you look at it.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Hecky to be appointed tomorrow according to the Hibspod folk.

(Take the fuckin crayon off Rodders before he screws it up!)

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
We didn’t have the stadium and facilities then. We hadn’t won the Scottish Cup and we didn’t have the level number of regular crowds we have now.
Yeah but then again everyone post Collins had the training facilities, while everyone post Hughes had the stadium as well. Only Stubbs & Lennon had the benefit of the more modern football structure behind the scenes.

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Hecky to be appointed tomorrow according to the Hibspod folk.

(Take the fuckin crayon off Rodders before he screws it up!)
Clearly I've a negative bias at the moment but I must say I feel no excitement whatsoever.

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel