• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

HIBERNIAN APPOINT PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM

Gav1990

Bounce Radge
HIBERNIAN APPOINT PAUL HECKINGBOTTOM

Hibernian FC are delighted to confirm the appointment of Paul Heckingbottom as Head Coach.

Paul has agreed a three-and-a-half year contract and will be assisted by former Scotland international Robbie Stockdale.

Rod Petrie, Chairman, said: “We are pleased to have secured the services of Paul and Robbie and look forward to seeing what they have to bring to the Hibernian Training Centre and Easter Road Stadium.

Continue reading...

THAT SEEMS TO BE THE CHOICE FOR @HibernianFC

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Won't engage in Eurovision scoring stuff about these guy's fitba credentials, as I do not know. Suffice tae say Appleton's tattoos are great and he looks fucking nuts. Splendid. That will do for me. Push the boat out and sign him Leeann/Rod/George/ or whoever does this stuff. You will not regret it.

GGTTH

BIG G

Al Catraz

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Won't engage in Eurovision scoring stuff about these guy's fitba credentials, as I do not know. Suffice tae say Appleton's tattoos are great and he looks fucking nuts. Splendid. That will do for me. Push the boat out and sign him Leeann/Rod/George/ or whoever does this stuff. You will not regret it.

GGTTH

BIG G
He certainly doesn't look the cuddly arms around the shoulder type. Looks like he might have a few of our more sensitive players by their throats up against the wall :oops:. For what I can make out, fellow bounces seem to think that type of "motivational skill" is from a bygone era. He certainly looks a bit of a bruiser. Like the tattoos mind.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Could be him.
Cue:
Underwhelmed
Lack of ambition
Cheap option
Yes man
Petrie puppet

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Could be him.
Cue:
Underwhelmed
Lack of ambition
Cheap option
Yes man
Petrie puppet

I know nothing about either , I'm astounded so many up here do . I wonder who people are expecting us to be interviewing

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Appleton looks like he's built like a rugby player.Lets hope that's not his style of play.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
It will be important to get someone where no compensation is due as Hibs can't have budgeted for the £300,000 it would have taken to pay off Parker and Lennon so either fits the bill in that respect.

Neither have particularly impressive CV's not that this matters particularly as its the judgment call of the Hibs board as to whether the personality, ambition and background of the successful applicant meets the aspirations of the club and is a good personality fit with the current crop of players young and old as well as the backroom management team.

No knowledge of Scottish football is taking a big chance as the new man has to hit the ground running and will he be asked to actually live in this country as that's by no means a gimme.

Any manager needs an assistant and there will be a couple of ex "Hibby Huns" champing at the bit.

Think that covers underwhelmed and cheap option and poor guy isnae even through the door yet.

Last edited:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Would it have hurt for Lennon to have stayed on until the summer?

Not ideal but better than this

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge

It would have been far better had Lennon stayed till the end of the season.
I know I keep harping on about this but it really is not a good thing to lose your manager half way through a season. The new boss coming in immediately has to try to bond with a squad of players he doesn't know and start winning matches, whereas if a new manager comes in at around say early June (as Stubbs and Lennon did) he has two months to get his own players in and get his feet under the table without the immediate pressure of having to win the next game.

Last edited:

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge

Exactly. This is why both parties, the board AND the former management team are anything but blameless. No one thought of the fans, or the club in this sh!show.

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Appleton in the next few days. Doesn’t set the world on fire and I have my doubts, but will give him the chance.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
It would have been far better had Lennon stayed till the end of the season.
I know I keep harping on about this but it really is not a good thing to lose your manager half way through a season. The new boss coming in immediately has to try to bond with a squad of players he doesn't know and start winning matches, whereas if a new manager comes in at around say early June (as Stubbs and Lennon did) he has two moths to get his own players in and get his feet under the table without the immediate pressure of having to win the next game.
Shocking timing - and makes you wonder just how bad things were for the CEO & the Board to agree this course of action.
Pretty ludicrous to think it was anything at all to do with a 'stormy team meeting' and must have been substantial for the club to get into this pickle.
Tough job for anyone coming in and hopefully they aren't immediately tarred with the 'lack of ambition/cheap option' jibes.

One of the favourites is a big guy mind.... I certainly wouldn't like to knock his pint over.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Appleton in the next few days. Doesn’t set the world on fire and I have my doubts, but will give him the chance.
Who were you hoping for ?

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Who were you hoping for ?
The last two appointments have been good by the club so hopefully this one is another inspired appointment, I didn’t really have a preferred candidate, I would of rathered Lennon stayed until the Summer.

Sir Shrink

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
The last two appointments have been good by the club so hopefully this one is another inspired appointment, I didn’t really have a preferred candidate, I would of rathered Lennon stayed until the Summer.
I felt that way too - but now I think we may have been better off if Lennon had carried out his threats and walked at the end of last season.

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
A lot of people saying it's Appleton

The Family

Capital Radge
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
I know nothing about either , I'm astounded so many up here do . I wonder who people are expecting us to be interviewing
Or me Daz mate, don't know anything about any of them. Just didn't want Magilton as his stats of a manager were brutal. Surprised there has been a lot of this public knowledge, usually Hibs are tight lipped and surprise everyone with their official announcement.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
New boy defo in next week

2E4FE0C3-4A18-46EF-8A45-74F54EFB9968.png

Hibs1337

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
I hadn't heard of either tbh but that is irrelevant. I am hoping the Hibs job still attracts quality applicants and this means we appoint quality after a robust recruitment and selection process.
Every manager appointment is important but given recent developments I think this one takes on extra significance.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I felt that way too - but now I think we may have been better off if Lennon had carried out his threats and walked at the end of last season.
My pal agrees .. He would have taken Lennon in after we lost 1-0 to Gunts at the end of last when he started not doing press interviews and made it clear that everything was made clear where we were discussing the job including the way we run the club financially .

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in

HIBS V Sheep

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in