• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 2 v 2 St Johnstone

I was going to make more effort to get to a few games this season, but by all accounts it would be a waste of a day.
Quite sad when the club has been a place of positivity for the last 3-4 seasons.
After a match there is usually a few people try to see the plusses.
Not one on this thread.
Worrying.

Fellow Bouncers I got slated by a few on here with my post after last weeks shambles and yet here we are another week and it's getting worse let's face it it's never going to improve under these two, defence are shite, too slow and weak, although I like Jackson and I would like to see him paired with Porto, we should be building our team around Alan he is our best player but his best position is the middle of the pitch yet these two clowns played him wide and hooked him also, he's our best fucking player, Mallan has been poor and Vela questionable, Sadly Slivka isn't a defensive midfielder either, in fact we don't have fucking one, the Swedish boy is a box to box midfielder, LD & Ron need to have balls and empty these fraudsters now while we have a chance to bring in better quality before the window closes and we are left in the shite. Let's face it we cannot even get past St Johnstone and shipped Six fucking goals against the Zombies, and we were lucky against both St Mirren and Morton FFS, crowds are already turning and will stay away the longer this shite goes on, we the fans deserve much better, time for LD & Ron to earn their money and do the right fucking thing before we lose Flo and more importantly not climb up the table.

Last edited:
Its extremely concerning that we've brought in (I think) 9 players so far and if we had a clean bill of health injury wise, arguably none of them would be guaranteed a starting place. I'm not sure if it's because they are baffled by what's being asked of them or that they are poor players. Either way I'd be seriously considering stopping whoever is signing them bringing in anymore. Their job is to identify areas that need improved and provide candidates to improve us.scant evidence that we've even correctly identified our deficiencies..let alone addressed them.

I'd get rid of Heckingbottom now..I was previously for giving him longer but I have no idea what he's trying to do. If we're meant to be a counter attacking team..we cant soak up pressure and hit quickly on the break. If we're supposed to be possession based we struggle to keep the ball for more than 3 passes and just gave the bulk of possession to one of the worst teams in the league. Its anyone's guess who will play where in what system..we have no determinable style to fall back on other than hoping for a moment of Allan magic..(I have strong suspicions Hecky wouldn't play Allan if he thinks he could get away with it and am not alone in thinking that).

The club as a whole seems to have lost it's way the last 9 months or so..I dont know if the takeover has taken peoples eye off the ball buts its unacceptable. We are a club who struggle to get ticketing right..our fans are constantly inconvenienced by the new turnstile system that doesn't work and is ignored by the club. Unlike hundreds of other clubs we cannot manage a simple loyalty system as it's too inconvenient and was needlessly complicated by poor decision making. I still dont believe the spin over the lack of sponsor and thru contacts in the bookies industry was told the previous sponsors were unhappy with how a previously harmonious relationship with the commercial side deteriorated.

There is a lot of room for improvement..almost makes me a misty eyed nostalgic for the days of the 'taches mundane competency.

Apologies for the rant..was hoping it would be cathartic but it's no really helped!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I honestly hoped he was going to prove me wrong but each week it is getting far more difficult to believe this will happen.
I was wanting to give him and the players time. The players,well maybe come good with a bit of guidance I'd give them a bit more.
As for Heckingbottom I'm sorry, I really am but everything about him doesn't inspire even now he can't even talk the talk.
Nothing he says seems to relate to the games. His actions contradict his words. with his..I was going to say STYLE of management but....Anyway there was an incident in the first half Middleton got right up the away end and was surrounded by 2 or 3 players Stevenson was closest to him on the half way line. We were all screaming at him to help him but he wouldn't move like he was told not to go too far forward.
It may have been Stevenson decision but Stevenson I love you can never fault him for effort he's always supportive of players round about him.
If he was under orders from the gaffer then this is not a high pressing game.
I don't think it was because Stevenson was knackered because it was in the first half.
Unfortunately Middleton found himself in that position a few times yesterday.

Fellow Bouncers I got slated by a few on here with my post after last weeks shambles and yet here we are another week and it's getting worse let's face it it's never going to improve under these two, defence are shite, too slow and weak, although I like Jackson and I would like to see him paired with Porto, we should be building our team around Alan he is our best player but his best position is the middle of the pitch yet these two clowns played him wide and hooked him also, he's our best fucking player, Mallan has been poor and Vela questionable, Sadly Slivka isn't a defensive midfielder either, in fact we don't have fucking one, the Swedish boy is a box to box midfielder, LD & Ron need to have balls and empty these fraudsters now while we have a chance to bring in better quality before the window closes and we are left in the shite. Let's face it we cannot even get past St Johnstone and shipped Six fucking goals against the Zombies, and we were lucky against both St Mirren and Morton FFS, crowds are already turning and will stay away the longer this shite goes on, we the fans deserve much better, time for LD & Ron to earn their money and do the right fucking thing before we lose Flo and more importantly not climb up the table.

The problem is we've signed duds on contracts , we can't just get rid of them so we're basically stuck with what we have

The problem is we've signed duds on contracts , we can't just get rid of them so we're basically stuck with what we have

Totally agree Daz what a mess, but it doesn't stop us from getting rid of those two fraudsters mate, I mentioned Stubbsy to take the helm and get us out of this mess, he done it before after the destruction that TB & MM left as i couldn't think of another manager who was available and knows our club, can you mate?

No thanks . Heard enough of his pish
Yup - stopped listening to the dick ages ago

Its extremely concerning that we've brought in (I think) 9 players so far and if we had a clean bill of health injury wise, arguably none of them would be guaranteed a starting place. I'm not sure if it's because they are baffled by what's being asked of them or that they are poor players. Either way I'd be seriously considering stopping whoever is signing them bringing in anymore. Their job is to identify areas that need improved and provide candidates to improve us.scant evidence that we've even correctly identified our deficiencies..let alone addressed them.

I'd get rid of Heckingbottom now..I was previously for giving him longer but I have no idea what he's trying to do. If we're meant to be a counter attacking team..we cant soak up pressure and hit quickly on the break. If we're supposed to be possession based we struggle to keep the ball for more than 3 passes and just gave the bulk of possession to one of the worst teams in the league. Its anyone's guess who will play where in what system..we have no determinable style to fall back on other than hoping for a moment of Allan magic..(I have strong suspicions Hecky wouldn't play Allan if he thinks he could get away with it and am not alone in thinking that).

The club as a whole seems to have lost it's way the last 9 months or so..I dont know if the takeover has taken peoples eye off the ball buts its unacceptable. We are a club who struggle to get ticketing right..our fans are constantly inconvenienced by the new turnstile system that doesn't work and is ignored by the club. Unlike hundreds of other clubs we cannot manage a simple loyalty system as it's too inconvenient and was needlessly complicated by poor decision making. I still dont believe the spin over the lack of sponsor and thru contacts in the bookies industry was told the previous sponsors were unhappy with how a previously harmonious relationship with the commercial side deteriorated.

There is a lot of room for improvement..almost makes me a misty eyed nostalgic for the days of the 'taches mundane competency.

Apologies for the rant..was hoping it would be cathartic but it's no really helped!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Well said. I like you was prepared to give him more time but you can't see a system.
He talks in riddles. That remark about the linesman and it's not as bad as the team seems to think...Well that did it for me.

Totally agree Daz what a mess, but it doesn't stop us from getting rid of those two fraudsters mate, I mentioned Stubbsy to take the helm and get us out of this mess, he done it before after the destruction that TB & MM left as i couldn't think of another manager who was available and knows our club, can you mate?

God knows but something needs to happen , this season has bottom 6 written all over it

Possibly, Daz, but maybe the players are struggling with Heckys style, too.
Even if the manager got punted today, we'd be stuck with the players until Christmas at least.

God knows but something needs to happen , this season has bottom 6 written all over it
I worry that you can lose the number 6 if we dont change things very soon

If we're meant to be a counter attacking team..we cant soak up pressure and hit quickly on the break. If we're supposed to be possession based we struggle to keep the ball for more than 3 passes and just gave the bulk of possession to one of the worst teams in the league.

Good post in general, and this is a great point, well expressed - captures what I've been trying to articulate in my head. This is the reason we've all got our fingers on the trigger already - it's not because we're entitled and can't handle losing/playing badly, we're Hibs fans ffs, it's what we do. It's because we are all experienced football supporters, and can see very clearly when a manager appears to literally not have a clue what he's doing. Anxiety on the park coming from the fans? I think the bigger problem is the lack of a clue on the park is coming from the manager.

Anyway there was an incident in the first half Middleton got right up the away end and was surrounded by 2 or 3 players Stevenson was closest to him on the half way line. We were all screaming at him to help him but he wouldn't move like he was told not to go too far forward.

Remember this clearly too. I was screaming "HELP HIM", as was everyone around me.

Good post in general, and this is a great point, well expressed - captures what I've been trying to articulate in my head. This is the reason we've all got our fingers on the trigger already - it's not because we're entitled and can't handle losing/playing badly, we're Hibs fans ffs, it's what we do. It's because we are all experienced football supporters, and can see very clearly when a manager appears to literally not have a clue what he's doing. Anxiety on the park coming from the fans? I think the bigger problem is the lack of a clue on the park is coming from the manager.

Remember this clearly too. I was screaming "HELP HIM", as was everyone around me.
Were you in row r cos I think you perforated my ear drum.
If you did don't worry about it I can't make out that fucking tannoy anyway!

Were you in row r cos I think you perforated my ear drum.
If you did don't worry about it I can't make out that fucking tannoy anyway!
Nah I'm in X, but I was shouting loud enough to carry down to R to be fair!

Nah I'm in X, but I was shouting loud enough to carry down to R to be fair!
Row X nae luck pal you never even got the Sun.

I need to hold my hand up here, The Family. I thought the reaction to what was in the end a winning performance last week was OTT. Yesterday was seriously concerning, though, and I'm beginning to veer towards your way of thinking. I can't get my head round the Scott Allan thing at all, and it looked like Lewis was under orders not to cross the halfway line. All compounded by the interview blaming the fans.

The only true dud so far is Newell.
The rest can be used I think.

But Heckingbottom hasn't shown anything to say hes the one to use them.

I reckon I fit your description but I'd say I don't disagree with your, or anyone else's assessment, of how the team is (isn't?) performing, rather the constant backward looking nostalgia for Alan Stubbs messiah like return. Fair enough he sorted things out behind the scenes and delivered us the grail but, I'd prefer us to look to the future, not get all misty eyed over a previous hit and miss manager.
And no, I have no idea who we get in if PHB gets the bullet.

I reckon I fit your description but I'd say I don't disagree with your, or anyone else's assessment, of how the team is (isn't?) performing, rather the constant backward looking nostalgia for Alan Stubbs messiah like return. Fair enough he sorted things out behind the scenes and delivered us the grail but, I'd prefer us to look to the future, not get all misty eyed over a previous hit and miss manager.
I agree - Stubbs is in the past, and should remain there with his legacy secure forever.

We're like minded.
We need to look at the fact that Stubbs career elsewhere has been horrific and in truth he failed to get us out of the championship, the cup win was everything, but we lost the league cup to Ross County.

Stubbs wont be the answer, he doesnt have a plan B and I'd much rather he was solely remembered for the cup win. Things are fine like that.

I dunno who we get either, but someone who has had some sort of history in our football. People who havent played or managed here just dont get it. It's that simple.

We're like minded.
We need to look at the fact that Stubbs career elsewhere has been horrific and in truth he failed to get us out of the championship, the cup win was everything, but we lost the league cup to Ross County.

Stubbs wont be the answer, he doesnt have a plan B and I'd much rather he was solely remembered for the cup win. Things are fine like that.

I dunno who we get either, but someone who has had some sort of history in our football. People who havent played or managed here just dont get it. It's that simple.
Bang on. The only exception of managers from darn saff (foreign) not 'getting' Scottish football I'd say is Gerard at the huns. Which gets me wondering if he is not much more than a figurehead rather than imparting his coaching methods.

Seems we tried to sign the lad Kerr who equalised for Saints in the summer, quoted a big fee for him.

This thread has been viewed 13200 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50