• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 2 v 2 Celtc

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Ahh, the real fitba is back.....on the bleedin telly. Hibernian, founded in 1875, the Originals. Celtc, created by theft and skullduggery in 1888, the sloppiest of sloppy seconds.

After the high then the lows of Super John and Scotland, we welcome Neil Lennon's Lesser Greens to Easter Road, at 3pm on a Saturday efty live on Hibs TV. No doubt Thellick have wangled their Covid linked players back into the squad, no idea to be honest. They can be decent when they get going, they are also prone to a gaff or two. The could over run us in midfield if we set up wrong, and we have to get that first goal, but I see these games as a free hit, lets give them a boot in the balls then.

Hibs, well as ever I have not see Jack and random player's interviews yet, but our internationals are back and I understand Lewis is still injured and Scotty continues his recovery? With that in mind, here is a my suggested team....

Rocky, of course.

Paul McGInn, also of course

Porto back beside him and

Paul Hanlon making a three.

Boyler right, get your finger out Martin son

Joe and Alex in the middle, one stopping, one passing forward and stopping where he can

Murph on the left, I want to see more, just like Boyler. Much more.

I would like to see Steve Mallan in the Allan role

Up front is Nissie and a return of Doidge? Get goals guys, its imperative, its how we can beat them.

Set up for me is 1 3 5 2

All the info https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/

Thoughts?

Hibernian Forever!

I'd prefer a 4-5-1

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Murphy

Nisbet

We can't play with a 4 in midfield as we will get pounded.

Not overly optimistic about this one. Yeah we've beaten the "wee teams" but I don't have the same feeling about Hibs that I did under McLeish, Mowbray or even Lennon where we'd more than match most teams we play and win. It's clear the balance of the team still isn't quite right. Obviously a couple of players are still maybe lacking match fitness. We are long overdue a win against that manky lot. There should be no team coming to Easter Road thinking they're walking away easily with 3 points. I really hope we can do something tomorrow...

Last edited:
I think we will win

As an aside, I was just thinking how before he came to Hibs I really disliked Lennon.
Thought he was a bit of an arrogant prick.
But I confess, he grew on me as Hibs boss and I actually quite liked him. Now, when I see his interviews, I’ve resorted to my original view of him. He’s very dislikeable.
Funny old game.

I expect we'll get pumped but I've got my Aldi steak and gravy pie and got 48 cans of Innis and Gunn delivered today so I'm set for it.

Another big game and cant see our midfeild being anywhere near good enough to cope with players such as Rogic and McGregor. Hopefully they play that huddy duffy and we put Boyle on them and I'd keep Murphy on as I'd expect he'll be 'up for it'.

Last edited:
When was the last time we played them at 3pm on a Saturday?

Anyone old enough?

I'm 30 on Sat and every time Hibs play on my birthday they win.
Hopefully it continues tomorrow and corporate tory tribute fc get humped

Anyone old enough?

At Easter Road maybe 13 years.

Celtic are under massive pressure to win this game. They have fallen behind the huns and they look unsettled. Lennon has to get them winning again soon. This makes our task even more difficult than it was already.

As ever against Celtic we have to at all costs avoid losing any early goals. That's exactly what they want and what they will be going for. When they get ahead in any game it gives them the platform to sit in, dictate the game, and pick off the opposition especially in the latter stages. We have to score first to have a chance of a positive result.

Hibs owe the fans a decent performance, and our league record at home against Celtic in recent seasons isn't too bad.

Our semi-final against Hearts should have been won and but for a MOTM performance from Craig Gordon and a missed penalty it would have been. By all accounts we were very poor against Aberdeen but that could be partly down to the hangover from the derby defeat. It was yet another game when early goals were conceded (gifted to the opposition in this case) which gave us a mountain to climb. We just cannot afford to do that against Celtic.

A draw would be a very good result, i'm going for a draw here. 1-1.

Last edited:
4411:
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Mackie
Mallan Gogic Newell Murphy
Boyle
Nisbet

Anyone old enough?

Read somewhere it’s been 18 years

I'd prefer a 4-5-1

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
Newell
Murphy

Nisbet

We can't play with a 4 in midfield as we will get pounded.
Why? Just team not a real reason?

Why? Just team not a real reason?
We need 5 in the middle so we don't get swamped imo. I'd sacrifice a striker for that in the hope when we do get the ball Murphy and Boyle could help on the break.

I fancy us tomorrow. Keep the faith.

I'd be surprised if we took anything from this game. So a draw would be good. Only hope it's not a case of we get a draw and there's a lot of 'if's' 'but's' and 'maybe's'.

I'd be surprised if we took anything from this game. So a draw would be good. Only hope it's not a case of we get a draw and there's a lot of 'if's' 'but's' and 'maybe's'.
I'd take a draw now.

I'd take a draw now.
like most hibbies unoptimistic as fúúúcckk.

I go in to this game expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Draw or a win and I’m delighted. Get pumped.... Meh, to be expected. They generally have 11 better players on the field than we do. Money and finance, that’s all it is.

Anyone any ideas why sky or bbc not showing this live - game of the weekend surely ( ok filth v sheep up there as well ) - seems mad this ain’t a live game this weekend

Anyone any ideas why sky or bbc not showing this live - game of the weekend surely ( ok filth v sheep up there as well ) - seems mad this ain’t a live

Think pessimistic is the word you’re looking for?

Anyone any ideas why sky or bbc not showing this live - game of the weekend surely ( ok filth v sheep up there as well ) - seems mad this ain’t a live
Something tae dae wi' how many times each club can have home games shown. Think its 5 and we've already had 3 I think , or something like that. I'm confused now

I go in to this game expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. Draw or a win and I’m delighted. Get pumped.... Meh, to be expected. They generally have 11 better players on the field than we do. Money and finance, that’s all it is.
Quite often their bench is move valuable than our starting 11. Almost a cert these days with a squillion subs allowed!

Marciano

McGinn
Hanlon
Porteous
Mackie

Boyle
Gogic
Hallberg
Newell

Mallan

Nisbet

Give Gogic the support of Hallberg to try and bolster the midfield and nullify Brown and McGregor and don't stand off them. Get Mallan right up the park close to Nisbet and tell the laddie to shoot on sight!

Something tae dae wi' how many times each club can have home games shown. Think its 5 and we've already had 3 I think , or something like that. I'm confused now
I read an explanation that there’s a 5 game limit and there’s no secondary broadcaster this season which extended the limit to 8 or whatever

sky showed more games at the start of the season before the English leagues kicked off snd used up our quota - well I think they’re keeping the 2 games for the old firm later in the season

Realistic I would put it.

Think pessimistic is the word you’re looking for?
I was trying to keep it upbeat...

Realistic I would put it.
I wouldn't disagree, specially not recently. But despite that we definitely need performances with a bit more 'dig' from the players. And the manager?

Bunch of Scotland U21's self isolating so possibly no Porto this afternoon ?

Bunch of Scotland U21's self isolating so possibly no Porto this afternoon ?
Looks likely.

IMG-20201121-WA0020.jpg

Pity Duffy isnae playing for them.

No striker and another dodgy looking line up from Lennon, get at them Hibs.

Nae Doidge?
Yep. Sold in January.

Nae Doidge?

Must be hurt?

No striker and another dodgy looking line up from Lennon, get at them Hibs.
Ajeti is a striker.

This thread has been viewed 15791 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back