• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 1 v 2 The Huns

We won't even finish in the top 6

Saints have found a bit of form

We deserved a point from that....disappointed!
Nah we didn't IMO. It was all Hun dogs and they improved second half but were the better team by miles each half. They deserved to win. Hibs are an absolute shambles at the moment. All over the place at the back. Looks like we're heading back to the 90's and watching Hibs get pummelled for the most part at places like Ibrox and Parkhead. Not the kind of thing I want to see.

We deserved a point from that....disappointed!

Thought we played backs to the wall and it just about paid off but we were hit by an onslaught in the second half. We almost got a point but it whether it would have been deserved is another thing. Then again those ugly bastards dont even deserve to have a club.

Felt sorry for Stevenson. Age has caught up with him. He ended up all-in wrestling Morelos and tripping people.

Stuck in the Hun car park, deserved a point there. Marciano poor at second goal.

Never strung more than a couple of here and there passes together the whole game. Huns' passing game and a bit more patience and composure did for us in the end. And that Hagi - is he lookin for a cheeky wee loan spell somewhere easterly... ? :) good prospect, hate to say...

But at least we did show fight, Omeo special mention with Doidge also fighting hard in unknown territory - midfield - seeing as we could hardly get forward for hom to get a chance.

Frustrated at the loss of goals just before the end of each half - is that not a sign of fatigue.

Ach fúck the overpaid huns.

Never strung more than a couple of here and there passes together the whole game. Huns' passing game and a bit more patience and composure did for us in the end. And that Hagi - is he lookin for a cheeky wee loan spell somewhere easterly... ? :) good prospect, hate to say...

But at least we did show fight, Omeo special mention with Doidge also fighting hard in unknown territory - midfield - seeing as we could hardly get forward for hom to get a chance.

Frustrated at the loss of goals just before the end of each half - is that not a sign of fatigue.

Ach fúck the overpaid huns.

I don't think Hibs have looked fit enough all season

How many goals do we concede in the second half in particular? Must be high.

Sitting in Brexit HQ car park waiting for the intelligentsia to return to their Govan Holes. Disappointed we didn't hang on at the end of both halves and disappointed we didn't do more up top 2nd half......BUT Im taking positives from that performance. Lots of real hard work, lots of good shape and looked pretty solid defensively for the most part. Though we suffered for Jackson going off; thought he played well.

Thought Boyler could've used the ball better second half on the few times we ventured forward....couldve played Doidge in.

Good to see the desperation from sevco tonight though, crying repeatedly and really struggling. Signs theyre gonna win SFA again. Christ knows what theyll do come independence, that might end them again.

Genuinely that is the most warped biased football cluv tv station i have ever seen, one of them was almost goading for blood.

It's insane how biased they are. The bit where they accused us of timewasting was surreal.

I don't think Hibs have looked fit enough all season

How many goals do we concede in the second half in particular? Must be high.

The late goals thing has improved, I imagine, but for the first 15 or so games of the season it was unbelievable. We conceded in the last quarter of almost every game.

I keep thinking I see wee signs of improvemnt (and there was tonight) but then you look at the league table and st johnstone are 3 points behind us with a game in hand. Kind of puts how shite our season has been in perspective.

We wont improve until we reshape the defence..we'll probably have to score 3 against BSC Glasgow to be on the safe side on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
KIlmarnock...who have struggled all season but now have all of a sudden found real form and scored 6 goals in their last two games...are now only a point behind Hibs. We face a real struggle for a top 6 finish. Scottish Cup is all we really have to look forward to assuming we do the business without any fuss on Sunday. Even then the cup all comes down to good luck in the draw at the end of the day. It's the league table which is always the true indicator of where your club is in the scheme of things.

Last edited:
I do not like seeing my team sit back all game but we really need a complete overhaul in defence.We know that cannot be done till next season.Players definitely gave everything but we sadly lack in certain areas.

Sitting in Brexit HQ car park waiting for the intelligentsia to return to their Govan Holes. Disappointed we didn't hang on at the end of both halves and disappointed we didn't do more up top 2nd half......BUT Im taking positives from that performance. Lots of real hard work, lots of good shape and looked pretty solid defensively for the most part. Though we suffered for Jackson going off; thought he played well.

Thought Boyler could've used the ball better second half on the few times we ventured forward....couldve played Doidge in.

Good to see the desperation from sevco tonight though, crying repeatedly and really struggling. Signs theyre gonna win SFA again. Christ knows what theyll do come independence, that might end them again.
I think it was Boyle who had the chance to play a through ball to Doidge which would have put him one on one with the keeper and for some strange reason he played a normal pass (think looking for the one two) and we lost possession. We can't f*** up chances like that!:52:

Ended up watching the rest of the game on that shite stream. Can’t say I’m that disappointed in the performance. We were up against 11 better players, thought we played to our strengths for the most part. Next summer we need to make some serious changes though.

Bit of a sore one, particularly as I was counting my winnings at 16/1 when Paul stuck the ball in the net.....

On a slightly cheerier note, the Herrenmenschen of Midlothian were blitzkrieged by the Ayreshire Huns and are back at the bottom of the league.

Worth a titter.

I thought there were a few positives given where we were in the last couple of games agains them. At least we had some shape and bite as a unit. We're still pretty flawed, especially at the back, and it's not nice to see a return to the old days of going there and being backs to the wall for 95% of it, but I feel like we're at least improving.

It's insane how biased they are. The bit where they accused us of timewasting was surreal.
It was that fuckin wanker Alan mclaren who was the Co commentator. Prick.

I have to say I think toms quite funny though (for a zombie ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️)

It was that fuckin wanker Alan mclaren who was the Co commentator. Prick.

Total wanker. The bit where Jackson blew on Morelos(?) and it was the most stonewall penalty they'd ever seen in their lives. And the constant bleating about "All we ask for is fairness and parity." No you don't. You ask for total bias as your divine right.

I know we weren’t expected to win that game, but after being 1-0 up it’s so disappointing.

We really don’t win nearly enough games. We’re quite a poor side and unless we start to defend properly, we will be bottom half. Top 4 is long gone now.

I keep thinking I see wee signs of improvemnt (and there was tonight) but then you look at the league table and st johnstone are 3 points behind us with a game in hand. Kind of puts how shite our season has been in perspective.

We wont improve until we reshape the defence..we'll probably have to score 3 against BSC Glasgow to be on the safe side on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

We are 11 points off 3rd and 12 off 12th... strange season for sure.

We need to go on a run soon, get a few wins together, to make sure we get top 6. The teams above are stuttering too, but we can’t allow anyone to ovetake us. Bottom 6 would be a shocker.

Dah.

Onto next game. Next three with wins would set up the run in nicely - considering results elsewhere eyes are still firmly above us but mindful of chasing pack.

Get in at half time 0-1 who knows? Fecking annoying losing goals at crucial times. Hope Jackson has not picked up an injury, he's just finding his feet and looks OK. This cup tie on Sunday is not going to be easy. Better make sure we're up for it.

Don’t know if it’s been posted but does no one think they dirty smelly bastards goal was offside? As soon as I seen it I said to the bairn well offside but they never showed it from along the line

Suppose the team done as well as expected. Remember the side is missing 3 first picks to long term injuries. 50% of the back four are unavailable. Docherty couldn't play either and McNulty needs games to sharpen up. The unsettled defence can't help matters together with the amount of games being played at the moment. I for one would like to see Bogdan in goals.

Don’t know if it’s been posted but does no one think they dirty smelly bastards goal was offside? As soon as I seen it I said to the bairn well offside but they never showed it from along the line

I thought that it might be as well. It was impossible to tell from what I saw but I certainly wouldn't be sure it wasn't.

We are 11 points off 3rd and 12 off 12th... strange season for sure.

We need to go on a run soon, get a few wins together, to make sure we get top 6. The teams above are stuttering too, but we can’t allow anyone to ovetake us. Bottom 6 would be a shocker.

I get what you mean but given how awful we've been until recently I'm kind of mildly shocked that we're in the top six at all.

Interesting reading this post, I THINK? you and I were the only two on this thread so far that were at the game, and we are both pleased with Hibs performance, yet the others who I guess watched it on Hun TV or the radio think we were poor. Makes you think eh?

Interesting reading this post, I THINK? you and I were the only two on this thread so far that were at the game, and we are both pleased with Hibs performance, yet the others who I guess watched it on Hun TV or the radio think we were poor. Makes you think eh?

I watched it on Hun TV and thought we were quite good, given the circumstances.

I watched it on Hun TV and thought we were quite good, given the circumstances.
We never ever really looked like scoring though did we? We never had any real chances at goal either (I don't mean a pass back to McGregor). Our goal was somewhat fortunate and the two we conceded were awful defensive mistakes. We were pretty much camped in our own half for most of the game with 32% of play. When we did break the ball was like a hot potato. We won't go to Ibrox and have the lions share I realise that. When we went under Stubbs and Lennon we gave it a right go. Perhaps I expect too much from a Hibs team...

We never ever really looked like scoring though did we? We never had any real chances at goal either (I don't mean a pass back to McGregor). Our goal was somewhat fortunate and the two we conceded were awful defensive mistakes. We were pretty much camped in our own half for most of the game with 32% of play. When we did break the ball was like a hot potato. We won't go to Ibrox and have the lions share I realise that. When we went under Stubbs and Lennon we gave it a right go. Perhaps I expect too much from a Hibs team...

Very fair points. But for me, at the current moment with the way our team is and the results we've had against them, I just think that going there and doing what we did is a pretty valid call.

I totally get people saying "why not have a go, sod it etc, better to go down 4-0 but maybe increase your chance of winning" but if I'm honest I see

- a fragile, unbalanced 'rebuild phase' hibs team
- an opposition that has absolutely had us on toast twice
- and that is better than anything they've fielded for several years
- BUT that has been undone recently by teams going to them and frustrating them

Given that, I can absolutely acknowledge that it's a matter of instinct and taste how you go about these things, but I don't think it's crazy to set up how we did. They aren't great but they're objectively better than they were.

And if I'm honest I think they'd have eaten us for breakfast if we'd gone at them because their whole game seems to be about playing loads of quick balls for slightly overmatched players in behind.

Very fair points. But for me, at the current moment with the way our team is and the results we've had against them, I just think that going there and doing what we did is a pretty valid call.

I totally get people saying "why not have a go, sod it etc, better to go down 4-0 but maybe increase your chance of winning" but if I'm honest I see

- a fragile, unbalanced 'rebuild phase' hibs team
- an opposition that has absolutely had us on toast twice
- and that is better than anything they've fielded for several years
- BUT that has been undone recently by teams going to them and frustrating them

Given that, I can absolutely acknowledge that it's a matter of instinct and taste how you go about these things, but I don't think it's crazy to set up how we did. They aren't great but they're objectively better than they were.

And if I'm honest I think they'd have eaten us for breakfast if we'd gone at them because their whole game seems to be about playing loads of quick balls for slightly overmatched players in behind.
Very fair comment. Well said.

The difference is that we had better players then than we do now, so we were capable of taking the game to the likes of the huns in their own stadium with confidence. They are also a much better team now than they were even up to a year ago. I want Hibs to get a better standard of player again so once again we are able to have a real go at the Old Firm and occasionally win both at their own stadiums and at ours. At the moment we are a team which is too fragile, lacks leadership in vital areas, and loses far too many goals even to the lesser lights of this league.

Last edited:
The gameplan was to contain them and try nick a goal.They're at home, second in the league and have given us two mighty thrashings this year; there could have be no other approach.It was just a question of whether the players, and the way they were set up, could execute the plan.First 45, they did so with ease, nicking a goal and frustrating the Huns

( had'nt finished that post)....,reducing them to shooting wildly from range.I didn't see the first Hun goal nor the lead up to it( stream had stalled), but it was just a bad time to concede it.Had we gone in at halftime one up,the Hun might have been more nervous in the second. As it was, the Hun got their goal and the impetus they needed for the second half.Second half saw Hibs tiring and losing the discipline they showed, and needed,to withstand the pressure they dealt with comfortably with in the first.It was a question of whether they could hang on from there.They couldn't, but it took to 86th minute before Hagi got acres of space to net their winner.....heartbreaking! Nevertheless, I was pleased with the overall performance;I can't single out any player for not stepping up to the plate.What amazes me is how Paul McGinn got to the age of 28/ 29 playing for lesser teams without being noticed as a very good player.

Genuinely that is the most warped biased football cluv tv station i have ever seen, one of them was almost goading for blood.
Is this their own in house TV station ?

was it good atmosphere last night?

i have. I thing on TV just the score , as you say a defeat is a defeat that last night appears a huge improvement in the 0-3 performance at ER that Friday night last December

Saying “Stubbs/Lennon has a go” is just silly. The Huns team is now light years better than they were then, as evidenced by along with Celtc being more or less 20 points clear of everyone else.

Furthermore, our defence then was capable. Now we ship a couple a game, to the St Mirrens of the world, let alone the Huns.

“Having a go” now would be suicide. I expected to get beat 4-0 last night, so in the circumstances we done well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won't even finish in the top 6

Saints have found a bit of form
Yes we will - I am convinced

( had'nt finished that post)....,reducing them to shooting wildly from range.I didn't see the first Hun goal nor the lead up to it( stream had stalled), but it was just a bad time to concede it.Had we gone in at halftime one up,the Hun might have been more nervous in the second. As it was, the Hun got their goal and the impetus they needed for the second half.Second half saw Hibs tiring and losing the discipline they showed, and needed,to withstand the pressure they dealt with comfortably with in the first.It was a question of whether they could hang on from there.They couldn't, but it took to 86th minute before Hagi got acres of space to net their winner.....heartbreaking! Nevertheless, I was pleased with the overall performance;I can't single out any player for not stepping up to the plate.What amazes me is how Paul McGinn got to the age of 28/ 29 playing for lesser teams without being noticed as a very good player.
Have to agree with all of that. Getting in at half time 1 up would have been massive. For as much as they dominated us possession wise they had very few clear cut chances. But doing the simple things with total concentration is a must, but defensively this season that’s been missing in spades. Agree re McGinn, solid and comfortable on the ball. Will we see Sir David again this season?

This thread has been viewed 13850 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back