Full Time: Hibernian 1 v 1 The Puddledrinkers

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
The team M has named is hard to argue with.
Tavares looks a development player to me and Mitchell is the most obvious replacement.

Kenneh is poor on the ball but he can't half break up play and he allows the other midfielders to play without worrying about what is going on behind them. I think he is suited to the big games where we have less of the ball. Hopefully all over McKay when he looks to find that pocket of space in front of our back 4.

Cadden I thought had gone off with cramp against St J but I see M suggesting an injury.

Youan looked off it against St J. Hopefully another weeks training has sharpened him up. St Gallen fans describe him as a greedy player who saves his best for the big games. Please be right.

Hope we can avoid yellow cards until well into the 2nd half. Cabraja was very good against St J but that raj tackle has to be avoided. Very good player otherwise.

First real test for Rocky on Sunday. Has been top notch since the poor 1st half against Falkirk. If he comes through this big game with flying colours folk will start to scrutinise everything he does less. Fingers crossed for the big guy.

Strangely I think Tefal is their danger player. A doing fuck all and then scoring type.
I would settle for a draw with the understanding that we will improve as the new guys settle in and the injured return and get back up to speed.
If Hibs are to win we need the front players to shine and put any chances away.
Is Tefal his actual name or do you call him that because nothing sticks to him?

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. Think this game suits Kenneh. He is poor on the ball but won't have time in this game so will simply break up play and pass the ball on. He is a tough guy to get past and I see him as a big rock between the back 4 and our midfield play makers. That will stop Hearts from playing through the middle and force them down the wings. That means more defending for Cadden and Cabraja. My concern is whether Caddens defensive abilities are up to it.

It's the time he likes to take on the ball before passing It's my worry. 100 mile an hour stuff he'll have no time at all. All the other attributes I agree with.

Last edited:

Steve20

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
Team seems about right.

Just underlines how bad we are in midfield though. Why hasn’t this been sorted?

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Mitchell will be the new Magennis.
A good player IMO, but he was injured most of his time at Hearts as well.
Gets injured at Arbroath in February, tells everyone it's not that bad, then doesn't play again for the next five months.
Comes back for one game and lo and behold he is injured again.

Apparently (according to the EEN) Tavares misses the match on Sunday as well. can anyone in the know about these things please explain how a 21 year old from Benficas's youth academy who hasn't even played a first team game before coming to Hibs manages to incur a suspension carried over from another country ? How was he able to play last week and not this week ?

C4MMY

Private Member
Reaction score
Can’t see Mitchell making it here unfortunately. Don’t think he offers enough when fit for the amount of time he’s out.

C4MMY

Private Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand how tavares is banned from a 1 match ban in the Portuguese league? Wonder how we will set up with him, mcgeady and Mitchell all out on the left side

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand how tavares is banned from a 1 match ban in the Portuguese league? Wonder how we will set up with him, mcgeady and Mitchell all out on the left side

Henderson may be put there. Means JDH will probably play.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Aye reckon that’ll be what happens. So team likely to be:
Marshall
Cadden Rocky Porteous Cabraja
JDH Kenneh Newell
Melkersen Youan Henderson

Still good enough to beat those Gorgie perverts.

Aye thats what I think. Hope so.

Reactions: Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Aye reckon that’ll be what happens. So team likely to be:
Marshall
Cadden Rocky Porteous Cabraja
JDH Kenneh Newell
Melkersen Youan Henderson

Still good enough to beat those Gorgie perverts.

Big mistake losing the danger of Hendo through the middle, space for Lewis?

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

Agree with the moving Hendo part but we don't really have any choice I think. Wouldn't put Stevenson on left personally but can see why you would, he'll get up and doon that wing all day.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score

You could be right there, reckon Henderson can do more damage through the middle but I’m struggling to think who else could play wide left. No sure playing that far forward would suit Stevenson, think he’s out anyway? Campbell maybe wide left?

Maybe Hibs will complete the deal for a certain Australian international in time for the game… we can dream.

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
With no left sided player available now for Sunday, I wouldn't be against bringing Lewis Stevenson if he is fit) in to play there, just in front of Cabraja. He has the experience of this match we will require and can provide decent deliveries into the box. Johnson didn't say anything about Stevenson being out injured so here's hoping.

C4MMY

Private Member
Reaction score
With no left sided player available now for Sunday, I wouldn't be against bringing Lewis Stevenson in to play there, just in front of Cabraja. He has the experience of this match we will require and can provide decent deliveries into the box.
What about them the other way around? Lewis left to concentrate on defending with cabraja whipping balls into the box as put a couple crosses into great areas on Saturday plus keeps him further up pitch and less exposed to the chaos of a derby

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 10773 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75