• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Hibernian 0 v 0 Aberdeen AET (Sheep win on Pens)

You make enough chances to win three games and waste all of them, then that’s what you f**kin get. Scunnered. Absolutely criminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm actually scared to go to my cot mate cos when I wake up through the night for my fag it's gonna hurt even more that's one chance of silverware gone

Maclaren would have popped at least two of them away.Hope we get our shooting boots on against St Midden.BTW Efe was immense.

When did they become fully paid up Orcs without the bus fare?

"Sad Fenian bastard and a shite football team"?

Really? On both counts.

Horrible team. Horrible tactics. Hypocrite for a manager. We only have ourselves to blame. They came not to lose.

MotM was Efe. Then Milligan or Ryan.

I feel like I've been mugged and a seagull's shat on ma heid.

How we lost that fuck knows...
Anyhow heads up only the shitty Fred cup...onwards and upwards..GGTTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be delighted to win that cup..only two to play for, hoping for a better Scottish Cup campaign than last seasons absolute disaster.

Agree on Efe, he had a great game. Milligan looks class as well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45632365

They practised pens yesterday. I'm not surprised. I felt from the off they were playing not to lose.

Darling team of the media are the dirtiest feckers going....Airdrie style football and the ref gives em everything. Pricks

Really? On both counts.

Horrible team. Horrible tactics. Hypocrite for a manager. We only have ourselves to blame. They came not to lose.

And the shouts of hun, hun, hun at Whittaker everytime he touched the ball. Ironic given Dominic Balls old team and the allegiance of their hun manager.

I agree on MoM and the runners up.

I have grown to hate Aberdeen and particularly that shite Shinnie. He should have been sent off, the referee shat it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45632365

They practised pens yesterday. I'm not surprised. I felt from the off they were playing not to lose.
Aberdeen played exactly the same as last time out at Easter Road in league with constant fouling and standing off wave after wave of Hibs attack. This was the second best team in the league, Aberdeen are absolutely s#@&£. Hibs were outstanding tonight, over 60% of play and absolutely battered Aberdeen. If SJM had still been here we'd have won that about 3 or 4 nil at least. If Jamie had been playing I also think we'd have won the game. Oli Shaw was extremely poor tonight, I remain unconvinced he has a longterm future with Hibs. Just doesn't do enough I'm afraid.

And the shouts of hun, hun, hun at Whittaker everytime he touched the ball. Ironic given Dominic Balls old team and the allegiance of their hun manager.

I have grown to hate Aberdeen and particularly that shite Shinnie. He should have been sent off, the referee shat it.
Poor man's Scott Brown. Impoverished man's Scott Brown.

I fully detest Aberdeen and everything they are right now - the anethesis of anti-football. It runs right through their club from the manager, their players and even their fans. How anyone can enjoy watching that is beyond me, especially when all they’ve won from it is one league cup which was back in 2014 (that was on penalties as well).

They came happy to take their chances on penalties.

Hibs were very good tonight, but the finishing/decision making in front of goal was woeful. Our build up play is excellent at times, the chances we create are fantastic, but we must be the most wasteful team in the league. We paid for it tonight.

On a positive note that’s two consecutive clean sheets, something we need to build on.

Poor man's Scott Brown. Impoverished man's Scott Brown.

And wannabe referee.

And wannabe referee.
Shite Willie Miller anaw then

The sheep are a horrible horrible team, how anybody pays to watch that crap I don't know. So unfair was the result, we did miss a hatful of chances but would like to see replays of our two disallowed goals. I hate that greetin face diver Mackay-Steven more every time I see him. Plus points are Porteous, I thought Hyndman showed some good touches. Nice too see Barts back. I bet Lenny is raging about the referee. Thankfully Hanlon only had a dead leg, he said after the match.
I was inconsolable after that thankfully there was a pint ready for me!

Last edited:

Really? On both counts.

Wait till you hear del boys post match comments mate. Went something along the lines of, I don't believe penalties are this lottery nonsense they are all about who has the bottle and technique, fuckn clown
I was never fully confident when it went to pens tho because our two main finishers weren't on the park

I can't remember when I last left a game more gutted than I was tonight. I'm afraid to say though that we only have ourselves to blame for our exit from the League Cup. We could have played all night and we wouldn't have scored. Our finishing was absolutely dreadful and that is why we are out of the cup. We should have been nowhere near extra time and the farce of a penalty shoot-out because the game should have been won easily within the 90 minutes given the amount of guilt edged chances we had. We are a very good team up to the last third and then we are not a very good team. McLaren is going to be a huge miss in the next few weeks as he knows his way around the penalty box way better than any of our other strikers and IMO we would have won that game comfortably tonight had he been the recipient of those chances. I was like a bear with a sair heid coming away from that game. Aberdeen played a containing game from the off and were allowed to get away with some dreadful challenges by a terrible referee. They were quite prepared to sit back and let Hibs come at them. I just knew when it got to penalties we were out.

On a positive note that was Efe Ambrose best game for Hibs. He was outstanding as was Ryan Porteous apart from the sitter he missed. Shaw is clearly lacking in confidence and self-belief. Kamberi worked hard but was as guilty as anyone in front of goal. I know some people don't agree with me but we really are short up front. Kamberi I'm afraid is going to have regular reccurances of his knee injury and we have now lost Jamie McLaren for several weeks. Three strikers is not enough for the season ahead. We should have had another striker in before the end of August and IMO we need one in pronto from the free agent list.

Last edited:
Hyndman linked well with Flo. He tired but it was to be expected. Milligan is going to be a fans favourite when he is fully fit. Intelligent organiser, 360 midfielder. Bonzer.

Could have, should have, if only.....
I find it difficult to take any positives from a defeat like that.

BIG G

Just finished watching the game on Hibs TV, like others have said... robbed. This game solidifies my opinion that Oli Shaw isn't quite good enough to be a starter up front for us.

Hyndman linked well with Flo. He tired but it was to be expected. Milligan is going to be a fans favourite when he is fully fit. Intelligent organiser, 360 midfielder. Bonzer.

We lost all our shape and link to the strikers when Hyndman went off - was the wrong change for me, Tam looked lost in the hole. Made even more strange when Horgan is been superb in that position a couple of times.

Positives - with the superb (although according to one expert in front of me he was too slow) Milligan we have numerous options to line up with a well balanced midfield. Boyle looks like he’s getting back to where he was and Efe was sublime.

Negatives - as per everyone could see the amount of chances we passed up. We’ve been taking them up until recently (think we’re top three scorers in the league?) so I hope it’s just a blip. The striking situation does concern me, so light of options. He’s not likely the answer but what’s happened to Lewis Allan? Did we really need Daz, Marv and Whittaker on the bench? Surely he would’ve at least been an option.

I’m hacked off we’ve lost an opportunity of winning a cup, but based on tonight confident we’re heading the right way.

Watched the game in Thailand last night with some Aberdeen ex pats. They couldn't believe they managed to pull that one out the bag. I couldn't be arsed explaining to them that no team shoots themselves in the foot like we do.

I started watching the replay but switched off too heartbreaking. To be fair it did look like a handball on Boyler's disallowed goal.

If we had our shooting boots on we would have been out of sight, we dominated most parts of the game and we cut them open time and time again but fuck me we have to be a lot more clinical in front of goals. The ref was brutal as once again he lets players like Shinnie away with murder, Shaw and Kamberi didn't work and we are missing Jamie massively, I was surprised to see Hyndman playing but to be honest I thought he had a decent game, Boyle should have been hooked for Horgan as I thought Boyle was brutal last night.

To go out on penalties isn't great but how far was Lewis off his line for them, felt sorry for wee Tam done everything right to but it doesn't favour the side of the goal line we wanted to drop over.

Onwards and upwards

If we had our shooting boots on we would have been out of sight, we dominated most parts of the game and we cut them open time and time again but fuck me we have to be a lot more clinical in front of goals. The ref was brutal as once again he lets players like Shinnie away with murder, Shaw and Kamberi didn't work and we are missing Jamie massively, I was surprised to see Hyndman playing but to be honest I thought he had a decent game, Boyle should have been hooked for Horgan as I thought Boyle was brutal last night.

To go out on penalties isn't great but how far was Lewis off his line for them, felt sorry for wee Tam done everything right to but it doesn't favour the side of the goal line we wanted to drop over.

Onwards and upwards

Boyle was brutal? I'm so confused.
His last cross of the game was brutal, but before that his pace was terrorising them. 2 good finishes. Despite both being disallowed. First half hour he was squashed back by their left sided player, but after that he was on it until near the end.

Boyle was brutal? I'm so confused.
His last cross of the game was brutal, but before that his pace was terrorising them. 2 good finishes. Despite both being disallowed. First half hour he was squashed back by their left sided player, but after that he was on it until near the end.

His pace was terrorising them....he had plenty of chances to run at them and chose to turn back, he was anything but clinical in front of goals, so for me last night he was brutal.

Folk at the game, as opposed to watching on the telly box, will know Boyler had a late fitness test with the physio before the game on the pitch. Throughout the game he was stamping his foot, which has been injured for a few games, trying to shake it off. To play 120 mins +, take and score a penalty when less than fully fit is a credit to his commitment and desire. With so many other injuries just now he was brave, silly or a bit of both.

That isn't an excuse for some of the finishing but it provides some context.

We've been bleedin unlucky with injury and I suspect Horgan was rested because he wasn't fully fit, Hanlon subbed because 120 min was too much for him after injury (Physio was clearly consulted ahead of his substitution) and Flo likewise. Add to that Milligan trying to get up to fitness, we are stil a few weeks away from being able to field a first choice 11. Frustrating but I'm not sure we could have genuinely anticipated the extent of the injury situation.
Those asking for us to have signed a 5th striker, what other clubs outside the big dogs have that luxury? Flo and Jamie were signed as first choice, oli and Allan as back up.

Good post SK11 although sure Hearts and Aberdeen have more choice than two experienced forwards and two kids up front?
We have signed a Dutch left back who will potentially hardly play could maybe have chucked that cash at a forward.

Good post SK11 although sure Hearts and Aberdeen have more choice than two experienced forwards and two kids up front?
We have signed a Dutch left back who will potentially hardly play could maybe have chucked that cash at a forward.
We've had players like that before who did or brought nothing. Big Dave being the last one. Anyone in that position would be signing to be 3rd or 4th string. Not sure how many decent players would be up for that.
There's lots of folk (Not me personally) who have been keen to see pressure put on Lewis. I've seen and know enough of Sean Mackie to have him as good back up. Midfield has been the biggest hole to fill. Just my own opinion...
Injuries aside, the first choice forward partnership would be undisputed...for most. As always, there are some who don't rate Jamie and Flo. Just as some don't rate Efe.

So the preferred choice for winner will now be sellic , I take it , as no winner is not an option:puzzledsmiley:

Last edited:
So the preferred choice for winner will now be sellic , I take it , as no winner is not an option:puzzledsmiley:

What?

Flo and Jamie were signed as first choice, oli and Allan as back up.

Which makes it strange why Allan hasn't been on the bench for the past couple of games after starting against Livvy.

Which makes it strange why Allan hasn't been on the bench for the past couple of games after starting against Livvy.
Lennon mibbes disnae think he’s capable.

We can only have so many on the bench.
Who's on the bench that we should drop for another forward player? Even Darren didn't make the bench when we played with 4 at the back.

We can only have so many on the bench.
Who's on the bench that we should drop for another forward player? Even Darren didn't make the bench when we played with 4 at the back.

Any one from Whittaker, Daz or Marv. When you look at the players on the park, the formation(s) and where each could play we should have had more than enough in that area (appreciate two of the above three came on) to only require two of those three.

Lennon mibbes disnae think he’s capable.

He must see something to have given him a new deal in the summer and to have started him ahead of Shaw at Livvy.

Any one from Whittaker, Daz or Marv. When you look at the players on the park, the formation(s) and where each could play we should have had more than enough in that area (appreciate two of the above three came on) to only require two of those three

Whittaker is being used regularly for us, makes sense that he's a permanent bench fixture. Plays across 3 or 4 positions.
Bartley was to come on in the middle of the park. Because there was no other actual central mids on the bench.
Daz was there. And tbh I'd have rather seen him used than to drop Milligan into the back 5.

Lennon makes plenty of weird choices when it comes to making subs.
But his bench selection makes sense to me.

Any one from Whittaker, Daz or Marv. When you look at the players on the park, the formation(s) and where each could play we should have had more than enough in that area (appreciate two of the above three came on) to only require two of those three.

He must see something to have given him a new deal in the summer and to have started him ahead of Shaw at Livvy.
I meant not for this game, we dinnae ken what Lennons thinking but thats why he's the gaffer..

This thread has been viewed 9504 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back