• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Help with buying a laptop

ArchieinPerth

Private Member
Reaction score
Trying to do a bit of research on laptops as I desparately need to replace my old failing machine

been doing a bit of checking online and spotted a few possible options
browsing PC World, John Lewis, Dell direct etc
but been made a bit nervous by some pretty crappy customer reviews

is there anything I should be looking out for or avoiding

I have a half decent budget, looking for a larger screen, min 1TB storage , min 8GB ram
and a DVD/CD drive

Cheers

Not sure of buget but u can't beat a Mac Pro
From Apple
More expensive but no need for protection going on line as all built in works but different from Windows takes wee bit time to get use too but great machine

I'd second apple if you can afford it (unless you're a gamer). You'll never look back.

Secondly, if you are going to be mobile with it, consider dumping an internal dvd drive - lightness without it wins out every time.

Lastly, buy from John Lewis as the extra years warranty is well worth it.

I'll third apple.

If you need a dvd drive, buy an external one for £25.

I've recently had to start using a windows machine at work after ten years. It's doing my head in. How hard is it to have two excel spreadsheets open at once.

:hmmm no that hard, I used to work off of 5 at the same time in my old job.
It's harder than it ought to be though - Windows is far too fiddly

I got a high-end Dell XPS recently and am really happy with it. MacBook Air size (actually smaller frame but comparable), high spec, touch screen. Little to fault it so far.

I'll third apple.

If you need a dvd drive, buy an external one for £25.

I've recently had to start using a windows machine at work after ten years. It's doing my head in. How hard is it to have two excel spreadsheets open at once.

I've never found that to be a problem, I've done it daily for years on various Windows OSs.

I've never found that to be a problem, I've done it daily for years on various Windows OSs.

Windows 7 and excel 2010. Absolute joke.

This thread has been viewed 1560 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back