Hecky thought Scottish football was crap

Hibs1337

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
59 goals in 108 appearances shows he knows where the goals are , ok its at a lower level but its still putting the ball in the net . Lower standard of opposition but lower standard of team mates too . I reckon if he can get a couple he might just do quite well for us
I think that’s a fair conclusion, I live in hope too 👍🏻

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
If we had their money, we would, 100%. Look at Swansea, for instance. No way they’re bigger than Hibs (and I’ve followed the Jacks for a few years when I lived down south).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wigan, Burnley....

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Regardless of all the debating ie size etc...one thing is for sure..Heckingbottom was totally useless and out his depth 👋👋

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Wigan, Burnley....
I'd say Burney have had their moments over the years but again if it's only down to money when don't Newcastle do better ? A far bigger club than Hibs , why have Liverpool never won't the epl, why did man city need a mega rich sheikh to get them anywhere ? Why are Ipswich currently in the 3rd tier ?

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Off topic but is it hard to get Everton home tickets? Might go to their game against Villa towards end of season
Yes, they sell out but happy to help.

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I'd say Burney have had their moments over the years but again if it's only down to money when don't Newcastle do better ? A far bigger club than Hibs , why have Liverpool never won't the epl, why did man city need a mega rich sheikh to get them anywhere ? Why are Ipswich currently in the 3rd tier ?
You are quite correct in all you say.. it doesn’t actually fall into any reasoning. One thing it does show, with the right input and ambition.. you can go places

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
59 goals in 108 appearances shows he knows where the goals are , ok its at a lower level but its still putting the ball in the net . Lower standard of opposition but lower standard of team mates too . I reckon if he can get a couple he might just do quite well for us
The club are very confident he will come good.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
You are quite correct in all you say.. it doesn’t actually fall into any reasoning. One thing it does show, with the right input and ambition.. you can go places
There always seems to be a premier team that goes down and instead of coming back up they go down again. Looks like it could be stoke this season , man city , Leeds Ipswich, some pretty big names have played in what I still call the 3rd division

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
The club are very confident he will come good.
Hope they are right. So am I right in saying he played the lone striker down there as well and if he did what kind of service and what kind of goals I.e headers, tap ins, poachers goals inside the box.
He got plenty of service at Hibs but nearly all were high balls played directly at him which to me looked like it suited him.
Never recall many balls played over him for him to make any diagonal runs onto that's why I'm curious as to what kind of goals he scored.
I don't rate him at the moment on what I've seen but if he's scored that many goals it could be and hopefully was Heckingbottom system that didn't suit him. Hears hoping we see an improvement.

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Hope they are right. So am I right in saying he played the lone striker down there as well and if he did what kind of service and what kind of goals I.e headers, tap ins, poachers goals inside the box.
He got plenty of service at Hibs but nearly all were high balls played directly at him which to me looked like it suited him.
Never recall many balls played over him for him to make any diagonal runs onto that's why I'm curious as to what kind of goals he scored.
I don't rate him at the moment on what I've seen but if he's scored that many goals it could be and hopefully was Heckingbottom system that didn't suit him. Hears hoping we see an improvement.
Sorry meant to say high balls played directly at him DIDN'T suit him.

Hattie

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
There always seems to be a premier team that goes down and instead of coming back up they go down again. Looks like it could be stoke this season , man city , Leeds Ipswich, some pretty big names have played in what I still call the 3rd division
Sunderland another classic example, in a shambles with easily 40k crowds every home game. Shows how much damage mismanagement can do

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
He was originally a target of Neil Lennon when at Hibs. I've not seen enough to suggest he will come good. Hopefully the next manager can get the best out of him.

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Scored a cracker at Wembley in play off v Tranmere from outside box, not seen any others but was quite prolific as Forza said

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Scored a cracker at Wembley in play off v Tranmere from outside box, not seen any others but was quite prolific as Forza said
There is hope then.

tayside hibee

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
I'm not surprised in the slightest that Heckingbottom underestimated the type of player required to play in our league. He underestimated the whole club and task. His comments about the fans putting too much pressure on his lambs while we were being held to a draw, at home to the mighty St Johnstone was an indication . His arrogant comment about the fans reaction when he subbed Scott Allan , told us all that he thought we were idiots. His persistence with one up front ( and a donkey at that) and replacing a consistent international goalie with a spice boy made me doubt he even wanted to keep his job.
He reduced the effectiveness of Scott Allan ,and generally robbed the team of any confidence. He hasn't even got close to knowing what his best 11 was, a quarter into the season.
His signings are pishier than pish . I really don't see that changing.

We must move on, what's done is done

vasco de gama

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ipswich success was pretty much down to Bobby Robson. It’s not a particulary big town. They have found their true place. Stoke ain’t massive either. Leeds is massive but simply never recovered from their bankruptcy. Eventually Leeds will rise to the level of Everton.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Ipswich success was pretty much down to Bobby Robson. It’s not a particulary big town. They have found their true place. Stoke ain’t massive either. Leeds is massive but simply never recovered from their bankruptcy. Eventually Leeds will rise to the level of Everton.
not talking about the size of towns but clubs that were in the top league and winners in Europe (Ipswich) and teams you'd fancy to bounce back rather than drop down again . Someone else pointed out Sunderland are another

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Ipswich won the league 20 years before Robson under Alf Ramsey iirc.

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hibs v Motherwell