• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Heckingbottom's Last Men Standing v Tam Cowan XI

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score
It's the proverbial "6 pointer" tomorrow as we play the side best placed to pip us to a top 6 finish. It was on a cold, awful night at Fir Park that saw the final hours of the previous managerial reign. Sauzee forbid we play like that again tomorrow.

The team picks itself again.

Darren out. Slivka in.
Milligan to CH with Paul.

That's pretty much it with the alternatives being limited and unlikely

The visitors will surely go with the tactics that prevailed in Steel Town. Long balls to Main then runners breaking quickly from midfield to feed off his knock downs.

The difference this time is we have Sparky. And Sparky brings goals.

A win and we'd be 2 wins from top 6 in all likelihood.

I can see Hibs winning this one, the changes shouldn't really matter as we have been playing all season without a settled side. It is however Hibs, and anything is possible, should make for an interesting afternoon. It will be a cold one, so the thermals will be on for me
I don't quite get the mcnulty hype. I think he is decent, no more than that, I would happily get my mind changed tomorrow.
If we do get in the top six it's an absolute result, between poor club management and a horrific injury list all season, I'm not sure we deserve it.
Flo to grab a couple ,Mallan to chip in with free kick, and thank you very much @BigG for a 3 zilch win.

Most probably, one goal will win it

Motherwell are a team transformed since New Year. Their form has been quite superb in the last two months and we have a very difficult match on our hands tomorrow afternoon when the weather is forecast to be horrendous. McGregor being out is a big factor tomorrow and we really could have done with him in this match as we now have only one fit central defender. I am concerned about Milligan dropping back there as in the few times I have seen him play there it's been as part of a back three and not as part of a twin central defensive pairing which is likely to be the case against Motherwell. He has not impressed me very much when played at the back although I realise he has played there for Australia many times. We need to show real urgency, energy and drive tomorrow and take our chances. As I said, defensively it worries me, but let's hope we can prevail because three points tomorrow puts us very much in the driving seat for top six at the split.

Bit of a six pointer sneaked up there! Work and life took over this week for me, and I guess a few others, but we have a wee cracker the morn. I have wee soft spot for Well, a few pals support them, I like their boss, he seems a decent guy and they punch above their weight, so much so, a win will have them above us.

Hibs are shaping up, although we were shite for an hour at St Johnstone an Hour v the Huns and most of the game v Thellick, its early days.

Nae Daz is a disaster, we have signed Casper Spector da do ron ron but I expect us to line up as follows:

Rocky
Sir Dave
Spike
Paul
Lewis
Mallan
Slivka
Omeonga
Horgan
Flo and
Scotland International, Marcy Mac.

See you behind the goal!

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure why but I think PHB will have a sneaky wee move or two up his sleeve, given that we are down to the bare bones, and he is slowly getting to know what and who are available to him.

Can't argue with that.A win would be good.Kind of expect a draw.

Mon the Hibees!!!

Needs a to be a win today. Draw in this game and a ST johnstobe win puts them right back in the mix with, on paper easier games in the final 3 before split. Going to be a hard game with weather like this, who knows. Still backing a hibs win GGTTH.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CE448FB7-EF3C-449A-96FB-DFAFE2787114.jpeg

No surprise

Here we go!
Think we'll shock them, 3 1 cause we can't do clean sheets.

Pitch looking awful heavy and slow.

1-0,Sparky pen

Stream might work

Great first 20 minutes, looking very assured. Good pen too.

Singing section not singing but a crowd in the west are..I'm assuming someone is making a point

Singing section not singing but a crowd in the west are..I'm assuming someone is making a point
Aye.
Folk in West are in Hospitality for a 40th....

2-0 Davy Gray

Comfortable first half. Omeonga and Horgan both causing Motherwell problems. Gray had a shaky start to the game, giving away possession an awful lot, but more than made it up for it with a well taken header. More of the same second half Hibs.

As it stands, 2 points off 2nd place

Other folk in hospitality, whom it may be are the wonderfully nutty Shetlands and Orkney Hibernian Supporters. Was a guest but had to decline. Diabetic foot injury thang. Listening on crap Jocksound.

BIG G

As it stands, 2 points off 2nd place
5th place!!!!

Gray off, is it an injury?

Gray off, is it an injury?
Yip,Took a kick in the 1st half...

Reactions: Zab
Ah that's not good. I got diabetes too. Inly one gol from ur 3-0 bet though so maybe will bring cheer. Singing section on again..Def was a first half strike

Scrappy second half, Motherwell starting to get a foothold in it.

Played well, Horgan, mcnulty and Omeonga have played brilliantly amongst others

Comfortable three points in the end, thought the team as a whole played really well. Still unbeaten in the league under Paul, good stuff.

Good stuff, sitting in a rather subdued pub in Temple Bar in Dublin after their six nations pumping so that's lifted the spirits

Comfortable win, restricted Well to very little. Milligan impressive yet again. Gray injury was a big setback but coped quite well.

Hecky asked for top 2 form to take us into the top 6 and the players are delivering - 13 points from 15 in the league.

Happy wi that,racking up the points

Gotta be happy with that particularly given other results.

Well play Saints next iirc. This can be settled at the Tony Macaroni. What a turn around, in trying times, by a threadbare squad.

Hanlon and Milligan were as good as some feared they would be bad. Hanlon a deserved MotM over the piece as other contenders faded 2nd half.

Totally unselfish performances from Marcy Mac and Flo.

Great 3 points

Good 3 points, never in any danger. Milligan my MOTM. Thought the midfield and strikers all worked their socks off . Great team performance. Fuck the Gunts.

Comfortable win, restricted Well to very little. Milligan impressive yet again. Gray injury was a big setback but coped quite well.

Hecky asked for top 2 form to take us into the top 6 and the players are delivering - 13 points from 15 in the league.
Great string of results. Realistically all results at the start of the season we would all have kinda expected but given the actual results we had September through January we have to be delighted. The real test would be how we fair in our last 5 top 6 fixtures as that now seems to be our likely position. 2 wins over thejambos would be a great part of an unbeaten finishing stretch of games!

Great result, I think Barts was the only senior player on the bench, showing how threadbare the squad is. Lewy did a fine stint at right back after SDG came off. We were good, McNulty ran himself into the ground. Couple of shaky moments towards the end as our midfield tired a bit and Well came back. There was a group of boys in front of me who were making more noise than the whole of the Hibs crowd I think. Think they were pished from corporate!

Didn’t make it till about 330 today but really enjoyed the hour I saw,,excellent performance

Great result, we stopped anything they threw at us, we were unstoppable at times today, very pleasing!!

Some win and some class acts on the pitch today.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Some save from Marciano late on. Great result against a resurgent well team. hopefully near enough cements our top 6 finish and chase for 5th is well and truely on...just checked their last 3 games before the spilt, Aberdeen, huns then us. Will be a massive turn around in we go into the split ahead of them with everything that’s gone on this season with managers/squad being so thin etc

This thread has been viewed 3125 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75