• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Has my Club died?

lenthehibby

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this because I seem to be experiencing the "7 stages of Grief" (normally associated with bereavement) in relation to Hibs, after 60 years of highs and lows:
Stage 1: Shock and denial. Characterised by disbelief, panic, nausea, vomiting, difficulty sleeping.
Stage 2: Pain and Guilt. May feel physical. Could I have done something?
Stage 3: Anger - resentment towards the person responsible. Even anger towards the loved one.
Stage 4: Depression, reflection, loneliness. Feelings of hopelessness and confusion.
Stage 5: The Upward Turn. Less pain and sadness- more normality.
Stage 6: Reconstruction and working through.
Stage 7: Acceptance.
I reckon I've reached stage 4.
Don't want to proceed to Stage 7.
Is the Club deid?
Should I seek help?

The club hasn't died but it's no feeling very well 🤒

No, there’s a game on Saturday FFS.

You’d think Hibs haven’t been shite for most of the last 50 years eh

I've been wondering about this because I seem to be experiencing the "7 stages of Grief" (normally associated with bereavement) in relation to Hibs, after 60 years of highs and lows:
Stage 1: Shock and denial. Characterised by disbelief, panic, nausea, vomiting, difficulty sleeping.
Stage 3: Anger - resentment towards the person responsible. Even anger towards the loved one.
Stage 4: Depression, reflection, loneliness. Feelings of hopelessness and confusion.
Is the Club deid?
Should I seek help?
It's no died. It's in a comma and if we're all there for it and support it then hopefully it'll come out of it.
There's still hope out there 💚

Maybe comma is spelt with one m or coma either way the club is paused in a deep sleep like Snowhite waiting for a prince in the shape of a manager or new owner or a defensive CH to come and give her a big slabbery kiss and awake her from her nightmare.

Is the Club deid?
Should I seek help?
I feel the same

No but I wish someone offers to buy out the Americans

No but I wish someone offers to buy out the Americans
I wish the Americans would actively look to sell so they can get so far to fuck

Where is Ron? Not heard a peep for months or about his Deloitte audit etc. Maybe he wants rid.

Still breathing but the spirit has left. Absolutely hee haw from the club to quell any fears.
Said before but I fucking hate the Gordons

No, there’s a game on Saturday FFS.

You’d think Hibs haven’t been shite for most of the last 50 years eh

Realistically we are no worse or better off than most seasons. You take the last 30 years and average our finishing position. Historically we are a 6-7 place team. Actually probably worse when you factor in two relegations. We've been a middle of the road club for as far back as I can remember.

Is the Club deid?
Should I seek help?

Funny you should say that, I was having a pee post match on Sunday and someone in the bogs said he felt like the club is dying. I agreed (without shaking his hand obviously).

The Hibs we love is still in there somewhere but it's fading rapidly

Realistically we are no worse or better off than most seasons. You take the last 30 years and average our finishing position. Historically we are a 6-7 place team. Actually probably worse when you factor in two relegations. We've been a middle of the road club for as far back as I can remember.
We might be the portsmouth/sunderland/hull of scotland . Potentially good and with a good fanbase, stadium,training centre, etc but not having the correct ownership to take us forward 😩

Funny you should say that, I was having a pee post match on Sunday and someone in the bogs said he felt like the club is dying. I agreed (without shaking his hand obviously).

Was it more surreptitiously, sorta masonic type?

I don't think it's dying, but it certainly needs a bit of doctoring.

Beyond my skills I'm afraid.

Intensive care

Was it more surreptitiously, sorta masonic type?

I don't think it's dying, but it certainly needs a bit of doctoring.

Beyond my skills I'm afraid.

Nah, I said, "you are right mate".

Nah we are going through a tough time and it's a complete and utter shambles on the pitch but the club will still be alive and here long after Ron Gordon's packed up and went back to Peru. Things change pretty quickly in football.

I will be in the UK and Scotland for the first time in about 5 years in the middle of next month. Only days I could arrange due to work I would miss the games but this is the first time ever I am feeling like not running straight down to the clubshop at least..........

On the park pal. Off the park we are in all sorts of trouble, ripe for a mercer type attack, if its not already happening from within

Eh
On the park pal. Off the park we are in all sorts of trouble, ripe for a mercer type attack, if its not already happening from within
Except there's no way anyone can buy the majority shareholding without RG's agreement.

The hysteria's reaching incredible levels now.

Whos to say he wont agree?

Whos to say he wont agree?
Then it would neither be an attack nor "Mercer type".

Ok but you know what I mean. I admire your stoicism but we are in the shit. 25th Jan, 1 signing in, potentially 2 best players out, radio silence from the club.
Also, supposed improved fans matchday experiences no more than a cash cow.
None of this means I wont be there on Saturday or Tuesday because I love my club.
Shame the custodians dont appear to.

But it's not all about league position. There have been plenty of Hibs teams in the last 30 years that were enjoyable to watch, and plenty of seasons when you went to games expecting to win.

Ok but you know what I mean. I admire your stoicism but we are in the shit. 25th Jan, 1 signing in, potentially 2 best players out, radio silence from the club.
Also, supposed improved fans matchday experiences no more than a cash cow.
None of this means I wont be there on Saturday or Tuesday because I love my club.
Shame the custodians dont appear to.

We'll see what happens over the next few days, but personally I think it's a bit early for threads about the death of the club or hostile takeovers.

We'll see what happens over the next few days, but personally I think it's a bit early for threads about the death of the club or hostile takeovers.
Ok. When is the right time tho?

Nah we are going through a tough time and it's a complete and utter shambles on the pitch but the club will still be alive and here long after Ron Gordon's packed up and went back to Peru. Things change pretty quickly in football.
I suppose I just want it to be more than just alive. Otherwise I'll have reached stage 7 - Acceptance. "We're shite. Get over it." 😥

Get Stubbsy back and pride in the green jersey. Gordon s out.
‘

Eh
Except there's no way anyone can buy the majority shareholding without RG's agreement.

The hysteria's reaching incredible levels now.
Not wanting an argument but to be clear, Im not hysterical. I like a hell of a lot of others are worried. Duff and Gray did that to me

Maybe when there's the slightest possibility it might happen, which certainly isn't the case.

Maybe when there's the slightest possibility it might happen, which certainly isn't the case.
How do you know? Seriously? How? Do you have knowledge no one else has? Or are you just as much in the dark as the rest of us?

But it's not all about league position. There have been plenty of Hibs teams in the last 30 years that were enjoyable to watch, and plenty of seasons when you went to games expecting to win.

I don't disagree with any of that. Our club has been a yo yo club for a long long time. Good fitbaw, shite fitbaw. I will add I'm more concerned about the club as ever though. Bad times.

How do you know? Seriously? How? Do you have knowledge no one else has? Or are you just as much in the dark as the rest of us?

Because the circumstances are totally different. Yes Ron could sell out to Cala but that'd be bad business given the money that's been spent on the stadium.

Anyway, enough from me on this.

Ron Gordon is the anti Paddington.

probably aboot half time next Saturday

shouldnt laugh

shouldnt laugh

Fixed it, you can thank me later.

shouldnt laugh

Haggerty F Haggerty P ...., love Ripping Yarns

It’s not died - it’s just resting.

The club hasn't died but it's no feeling very well 🤒
Much like myself, then.
No deid but no feelin' very well.
I saw a good T-shirt slogan the other day - "It's weird being the same age as old people". 😟

This thread has been viewed 4901 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50