• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Haircuts

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
As one of those fortunate chappies who at 55 still has a full heid o' thick dark brown hair, it's in a bit of a state at the moment. Beginning to look like one of Jedward. No sure whether to wait for hairdressers to open...whenever that will be, or risk having a go myself at it....or even worse let my sister do it. Any other Bouncers in the same predicament or are we a site full of baldy bastards who don't have the same problem as me ?

Last edited:
Baldy bastard here ? have been for 5 years since my hairline started receding when I was 19...

I also wear my hair 'fashionably short' but having married a hairdresser I've not visited a barber for several decades.

Unless you've seriously pissed off your sister, I think she'd be a tad more successful than a 'do it yourself' effort, unless you're taking it down to the wood.

I have not had a haircut for 10 weeks, and have now not shaved for 6 weeks. Our lodger is taking a photo every day, which I'm hoping to turn into a kind of timelapse thing, as I grow more and more like the wildman of Abbeyhill. The urge to trim the beard is sometimes unbearable, especially with all the mad clumps under the jawline, and the sort of Victorian whiskers effect at the sides, but so far I'm resisting. The hair on my head has also gone daft too, there's literally nothing I can do now to avoid looking like I've just got up.

Overall, quite fun, but I'll be getting sheared again at the first possible opporchancity.

As one of those fortunate chappies who at 55 still has a full heid o' thick dark brown hair, it's a bit of a state at the moment. Beginning to look like one of Jedward. No sure whether to wait for hairdressers to open...whenever that will be, or risk having a go myself at it....or even worse let my sister do it. Any other Bouncers in the same predicament or are we a site full of baldy bastards who don't have the same problem as me ?
I’m in your predicament tae, although slightly aulder and a full heid o’ *blonde* hair. switherin between the missus or ma youngest laddie. She’s done his, short, and I’m no wantin it short, but he needed tae tidy it up. Fuck it, am wearin ma bunnet.

Went for it, quite surprised how good she done it. She’s no daein Hoose calls though @Greenmachine ?

I’m in your predicament tae, although slightly aulder and a full heid o’ *blonde* hair. switherin between the missus or ma youngest laddie. She’s done his, short, and I’m no wantin it short, but he needed tae tidy it up. Fuck it, am wearin ma bunnet.
Blonde, 62, decent head of hair.

I don't think mines grows that quickly. In normal life I'd have it cut 3, maybe 4 times a year. I'd probably time that for Christmas and when I go on holidays.

I was just about to go away when lockdown happened so I got a trim days before.

I reckon I'm good or at least not bad till Septemberish.

Think I will get a 3 all over....and ask my sister to do it, although she does tend to get a bit snippy about these things.
It'll be a load off ma mind I tell ye....

Must be nits in my family? Sons, son in law and grandsons shaved to the bone. Guess it makes sense. At present.

First home haircut yesterday

Short back and disaster

Blonde, 62, decent head of hair.
With you all the way there.

Up to and including "head".

"

Went for it, quite surprised how good she done it. She’s no daein Hoose calls though @Greenmachine ?
Photy bill ?

Still need a haircut about every 6 weeks.
Its 7 weeks since I had a haircut and to be honest I was coping until GM mentioned it.........
My sister in law started her time as an apprentice hairdresser, but left after a year.
That was 40 years ago , but I may have to put my faith in her(limited) ability

Ah!
Hibbybilly is really Billy Gibbons?

Shaved to the bone here, doing a bit of beard growing the now getting to the itchy stage mind you.

Went 3 all over about a month ago, had my first shave in 6 weeks the other day. Kept the tache until my family decided I looked like a peado.

I usually get a no.1 crop every four weeks or so as I ain't got much left on top. Bought a Remington Quick Cut clipper (other clippers are also available) and had a go myself a couple of weeks ago. Quite impressed with the outcome although the detailing round the ears is a bit problematic. I persevered and got there eventually not too bad. Overall a pretty decent result! Next DIY project a dodgy molar... can't be that difficult surely? ?

Last edited:
In winter I get a 4 on top, 3 at the sides, just before I head of to Spain in summer, I get a 3 on top and 2 around the sides. I also get my haircut. ??

In winter I get a 4 on top, 3 at the sides, just before I head of to Spain in summer, I get a 3 on top and 2 around the sides. I also get my haircut. ??
Fibs!

No, Baws actually. :3:

The missus got me clippers for my birthday a few years ago, finally put them to good use! Went for a 2 all over 4 weeks ago then last weekend went for a one all over! ??‍?

Aye my Barnet was getting on my nerves so I purchased clippers last week. Both mines and my auld mans heid shaved. I quite like the feel and look of it. Plan to stick with it til I get bored.

Never been happier to be a baldy bastard that cuts his own hair.

I'd recommend it to anyone. Hair is a pain in the arse.

I went full david gray last week. All I have is a beard trimmer with like a 0.5 setting. Shaved it all off. Starting to look less stupid now

The missus got me clippers for my birthday a few years ago, finally put them to good use! Went for a 2 all over 4 weeks ago then last weekend went for a one all over! ??‍?
Some dirty bastard bought my auld man clippers when we were bairns, it wis him cuttin ma hair or spend yer 2/6 pocket money up at McKechnies 2 doors along fae yer grandas shop, McKechnies was the lesser of the two evils?

Christ, Bill.
Is this a post mortem photo?

Christ, Bill.
Is this a post mortem photo?
Wis taken 40 years ago ?

Sister in law ain't doing the hair( social distancing and all that jazz).

Couldn't stand it any longer so I let loose the missus with the clippers..
She did her best. (She said).

Yesterday i purchased a Hibs neckwarmer.
Today I've added a bobble hat to the order.

I suppose I'll have to try to bring her round.
I know it's wrong to use violence on anyone, never mind a woman.

But her hysterical laughter was the last straw.

Anyone any idea when hairdressers might be allowed to open again ?

I have not had a haircut for 10 weeks, and have now not shaved for 6 weeks. Our lodger is taking a photo every day, which I'm hoping to turn into a kind of timelapse thing, as I grow more and more like the wildman of Abbeyhill. The urge to trim the beard is sometimes unbearable, especially with all the mad clumps under the jawline, and the sort of Victorian whiskers effect at the sides, but so far I'm resisting. The hair on my head has also gone daft too, there's literally nothing I can do now to avoid looking like I've just got up.

Overall, quite fun, but I'll be getting sheared again at the first possible opporchancity.

I'd love to see that when it's finished Aggie.

Anyone any idea when hairdressers might be allowed to open again ?
I cant remember if its France or Spain but they're near the bottom of the list. I can't think we'd be much different.

I'm bald as a coot. I had a very full head of hair and then had it all shaved off a few years ago, live in the Bailie Bar, to raise some cash for the Dnipro Kids appeal. It was prompted by a throwaway line that I was considering it and my hun pal saying he'd put £50 in to the pot. How could I refuse. I decided to keep shaving it although my old mum doesn't like it to this day.

I had to make sure my special glass was out the way so that hair clippings didn't fall in to my pint @Sir Shrink:popcorn3:

Been doin' my ain hair for what must be aboot 14-15 years now, getting shorter as it got less, just the clippers with nae comb attached now. Even if I could have my hair back now I dinnae think I'd bother, 5 mins with the clippers once a week is much less hassle. ?‍?

I'd love to see that when it's finished Aggie.

I will post it when it’s all over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dub

Nuther baldy bastard here. Quite happily letting what there is left grow in almost any way it wants. Compensating by "cultivating" the 'tache.

My son gave me a No.1 razor haircut today.It looks brutal, so I'll be wearing a hat for some time to come

This thread has been viewed 5139 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back