• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Haircuts

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
As one of those fortunate chappies who at 55 still has a full heid o' thick dark brown hair, it's in a bit of a state at the moment. Beginning to look like one of Jedward. No sure whether to wait for hairdressers to open...whenever that will be, or risk having a go myself at it....or even worse let my sister do it. Any other Bouncers in the same predicament or are we a site full of baldy bastards who don't have the same problem as me ?

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Bounce Radge
I also wear my hair 'fashionably short' but having married a hairdresser I've not visited a barber for several decades.

Unless you've seriously pissed off your sister, I think she'd be a tad more successful than a 'do it yourself' effort, unless you're taking it down to the wood.

aggie

Justified Radge
Bounce Radge
I have not had a haircut for 10 weeks, and have now not shaved for 6 weeks. Our lodger is taking a photo every day, which I'm hoping to turn into a kind of timelapse thing, as I grow more and more like the wildman of Abbeyhill. The urge to trim the beard is sometimes unbearable, especially with all the mad clumps under the jawline, and the sort of Victorian whiskers effect at the sides, but so far I'm resisting. The hair on my head has also gone daft too, there's literally nothing I can do now to avoid looking like I've just got up.

Overall, quite fun, but I'll be getting sheared again at the first possible opporchancity.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
As one of those fortunate chappies who at 55 still has a full heid o' thick dark brown hair, it's a bit of a state at the moment. Beginning to look like one of Jedward. No sure whether to wait for hairdressers to open...whenever that will be, or risk having a go myself at it....or even worse let my sister do it. Any other Bouncers in the same predicament or are we a site full of baldy bastards who don't have the same problem as me ?
I’m in your predicament tae, although slightly aulder and a full heid o’ *blonde* hair. switherin between the missus or ma youngest laddie. She’s done his, short, and I’m no wantin it short, but he needed tae tidy it up. Fuck it, am wearin ma bunnet.

Jack

Bounce Radge
I’m in your predicament tae, although slightly aulder and a full heid o’ *blonde* hair. switherin between the missus or ma youngest laddie. She’s done his, short, and I’m no wantin it short, but he needed tae tidy it up. Fuck it, am wearin ma bunnet.
Blonde, 62, decent head of hair.

I don't think mines grows that quickly. In normal life I'd have it cut 3, maybe 4 times a year. I'd probably time that for Christmas and when I go on holidays.

I was just about to go away when lockdown happened so I got a trim days before.

I reckon I'm good or at least not bad till Septemberish.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Think I will get a 3 all over....and ask my sister to do it, although she does tend to get a bit snippy about these things.
It'll be a load off ma mind I tell ye....

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
Still need a haircut about every 6 weeks.
Its 7 weeks since I had a haircut and to be honest I was coping until GM mentioned it.........
My sister in law started her time as an apprentice hairdresser, but left after a year.
That was 40 years ago , but I may have to put my faith in her(limited) ability

hibbiemacfie

Bounce Radge
I usually get a no.1 crop every four weeks or so as I ain't got much left on top. Bought a Remington Quick Cut clipper (other clippers are also available) and had a go myself a couple of weeks ago. Quite impressed with the outcome although the detailing round the ears is a bit problematic. I persevered and got there eventually not too bad. Overall a pretty decent result! Next DIY project a dodgy molar... can't be that difficult surely? 🤪

Last edited:
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old