• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Guess Saturdays starting 11

We moaned all of last season about Flo not getting the support from midfield . Now we have SA , are we saying it’s ok to not play him . No way IMO

There’s a difference between not playing at all, and not playing from the start. Although to be fair Scott Allan is the worst possible example as I think he’s a starter not an impact player.

I suppose it’s a 14 man game most weeks not 11.

Marciano

Whittaker
Jackson
McGregor
Mackie

Allan
Mallan
Vela

Kamberi
Doidge
Newell

There’s a difference between not playing at all, and not playing from the start. Although to be fair Scott Allan is the worst possible example as I think he’s a starter not an impact player.

I suppose it’s a 14 man game most weeks not 11.
It's certainly a 14 man game for the new club.

Marciano

Whittaker
James
McGregor
Mackie

Allan
Mallan
Vela

Kamberi
Doidge
Newell
One centre half?

One centre half?

I meant Jackson but typed James. Getting my Wembley wizards mixed up

I meant Jackson but typed James. Getting my Wembley wizards mixed up
So, sort of "sorry, missed Jackson"...

Interested to see so many omitting Paul. I think he'll be captain on Saturday.

I think Darren will. I might change my mind today though.

Marciano

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Crane

Allan
Vela
Malian
Horgan

Flo
Doidge

I think Allan can play on right or left in order to play 2 up front.
It's hard to pick centre backs,comes down to form and fitness but would be good to get settled pair.
With Boyle out there's not a lot of pace out wide its important to bring in winger.

Marciano

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Crane

Allan
Vela
Malian
Horgan

Flo
Doidge

I think Allan can play on right or left in order to play 2 up front.
It's hard to pick centre backs,comes down to form and fitness but would be good to get settled pair.
With Boyle out there's not a lot of pace out wide its important to bring in winger.

Crane??!!! He's not played a minute of the pre-season games, to my knowledge. Odd choice.

That was my reasoning behind thinking he might be in in place of McGregor or Jackson in my line-up. Out of interest, do we have a formally announced club captain / vice captain? I know it's obviously SDG and I assume Hanlon is vice captain but I don't recall seeing any kind of announcement for years on the subject.

Marciano

James
Jackson
Hanlon
Mackie

Vela
Mallan

Horgan
Allan
Newell

Kamberi

That was my reasoning behind thinking he might be in in place of McGregor or Jackson in my line-up. Out of interest, do we have a formally announced club captain / vice captain? I know it's obviously SDG and I assume Hanlon is vice captain but I don't recall seeing any kind of announcement for years on the subject.
He's been captain so far when on the pitch. Next in line is Darren and then Whittaker. That's been the pattern so far.
Darren played 3/4 of the game on Tuesday. Paul and Adam a half each. I'm thinking that says they're starting. Also the balance of one leftie and one rightie.

But time will tell.

Crane??!!! He's not played a minute of the pre-season games, to my knowledge. Odd choice.
Sorry meant mackie

It certainly would be an odd one. He left Hibs a year ago.

Marciano
Whittaker
James
Hanlon
Jackson
Allan
Mallan
Vela
Kamberi
Doidge
Newell

Is what I'm guessing he might go with.
Close guess!
Horgan in for Doidge.

And Hanlon as captain.

See the clues were there ???

Marciano, Whittaker, Jackson, Hanlon (c), James, Vela, Mallan, Allan, Newell, Horgan, Kamberi

Subs - Maxwell, Slivka, Doidge, McGregor, Shaw, Murray, Mackie

What do I win? :3:

So, based on the opposition and venue being very, very different next Sunday...Who would you think a) Hecky will play at Mordor and b) who would you play?

So, based on the opposition and venue being very, very different next Sunday...Who would you think a) Hecky will play at Mordor and b) who would you play?

I think I’ll crunch the numbers before guessing this time. I think we’ll stick with 4-3-3 with a much more defensive derivative ie 4-5-1 for at least the first 2/3 of the game with a plan to batter them in the last 30. We will see how they go today. The feedback from the gps vests will be interesting as will the amount of actual playing time yesterday.

We’ve had good success against them with a back 3/5, so would go:-
Rocky , SDG , Daz , Ports , Paul , Lewie ,
SA , Stevie , Vela (?) , Flo , Doidge

Mind you Slivka does ok against them
Actual team will be nothing like that
If he plays too many newbies there we’ll be in trouble IMO

We’ve had good success against them with a back 3/5, so would go:-
Rocky , SDG , Daz , Ports , Paul , Lewie ,
SA , Stevie , Vela (?) , Flo , Doidge

Mind you Slivka does ok against them
Actual team will be nothing like that
If he plays too many newbies there we’ll be in trouble IMO
Gray, Stevenson and Porteous are not fit enough for the game against 'The' Rangers. None were even on the bench yesterday.

Alright, that's Hibs sorted.I wonder if I could line up the Rangers now?

Gray, Stevenson and Porteous are not fit enough for the game against 'The' Rangers. None were even on the bench yesterday.
More’s the pity , you never know ?

For Sunday?Marciano,Whitts,Mcgregor, Hanlon,James,then Vela,Mallan,Allen,thenKamberi and Doidge up front.

For Sunday?Marciano,Whitts,Mcgregor, Hanlon,James,then Vela,Mallan,Allen,thenKamberi and Doidge up front.
Thats ten

Thats ten
I'm that confident of beating the hun I thought I'd go with ten.

I'm that confident of beating the hun I thought I'd go with ten.
And Newell.

Don’t think the formation will change much, and it might actually be better suited to playing against the likes of them. I think it will be:
Marciano
Whittaker Jackson Hanlon Mackie
Slivka Vela Mallan Horgan
Allan
Kamberi

Don’t think the formation will change much, and it might actually be better suited to playing against the likes of them. I think it will be:
Marciano
Whittaker Jackson Hanlon Mackie
Slivka Vela Mallan Horgan
Allan
Kamberi

It should be Doidge and Kamberi up top with Slivka dropping out and moving Alan back in the midfield, although Vela hasn't played a game for ages so maybe Slivka replacing him.

Slivka loves playing the Orcs.

And Newell.

That’d still be 10 then.

That’d still be 10 then.
Aww, dinnae. I resisted that post earlier.

Aww, dinnae. I resisted that post earlier.

Me too. That and the Wido on the Just Back.

Me too. That and the Wido on the Just Back.

Reverse jinx, he’ll have an Sproule game on Sunday now. Trust the process.

It should be Doidge and Kamberi up top with Slivka dropping out and moving Alan back in the midfield, although Vela hasn't played a game for ages so maybe Slivka replacing him.

Highly doubt we’ll start with two up front. Also Vela played on Saturday?

Daz is a must for sunday

Highly doubt we’ll start with two up front. Also Vela played on Saturday?
Sorry mate I was meaning Sunday’s game

This thread has been viewed 7006 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back